S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
Hi, maybe my question is stupid, but I'd like to know, how to make sure it's true? What if someone just leaves posts here, then disables account but not going to CTB at all, just lies?

Last edited:
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Hi, maybe my question is stupid, but I'd like to know, how to make sure it's true? What is someone just leaves posts here, then disables account but not going to CTB at all, just lies?
You can never know for sure. Sometimes there are some signs but does it really matter in the end?

Reactions: a.h, Sensei, lofistos345 and 1 other person
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
People self ban for many reasons. They decided to try recovery, the loss of so many people can be too difficult to bear, or something as simple as they don't like the forum.

Reactions: a.h, Sensei and Final Escape
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
The only way to know for sure is if they entrust someone with their personal information. Aside from that, you just have to believe it. It's usually easy to tell if someone is telling the truth after interacting with them for awhile.

But ultimately, unless they come back and do something malicious, does it matter? Gone is gone.

Reactions: a.h, Sensei, OreoWellington and 1 other person
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
I do know of one forum member who CTBed and which received considerable media attention. I can't go into any detail about that case for the sake of the family but it's proof enough some forum members do genuinely CTB.

Reactions: Sensei and lofistos345
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Sometimes people will tell us because they have contact in rl. Other times people find something in the news. Most of the time it's enough to read the member's posts for a while to understand where they are coming from. Of course, we can't always be sure. But I don't see too many people writing hundreds of posts for one evening in the spotlight, and if they do it's just as good. Don't care. I just hope there aren't any members who can't answer anymore.

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/a-thorough-story-on-shawn-shatto.19958/post-374916

I believe Shawn Shatto is the person who most famously ctb on this site. Though, of course, there are many others. Above is one link to a thread about her. If you type her name into the search bar, you can find other threads and information about her. She ctb with SN.

Last edited:
Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/a-thorough-story-on-shawn-shatto.19958/post-374916

I believe Shawn Shatto is the person who most famously ctb on this site. Though, of course, there are many others. Above is one link to a thread about her. She ctb with SN.
Nah. It was Stan. :blarg:

• Love
Reactions: Carina and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Nah. It was Stan. :blarg:
Stan is probably the most famous or popular person on the site who ctb, but Shawn Shatto got press coverage out in the real world.
That's what I meant.

Jean4

Jean4

Apr 28, 2019
Stan is probably the most famous or popular person on the site who ctb, but Shawn Shatto got press coverage out in the real world.
That's what I meant.
I know.... and good comeback lol

• Love
Reactions: a.h and BlueWidow
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Personally, it doesn't mather if the person is lying. If someone opens a thread and reveals their farewell, if you write in it, you should show your sympathy. Whether it's a lie or not, you should always treat the person as if they truely meant it. Many who do it are aren't only feeling miserable, but also have to end it on their own. So please, never show your distrust on the moment of there biggest vulnerability.

• Love
Reactions: a.h, voyager, Not_Quite_Dead_Yet and 6 others
S

S1mpleme

Mage
Dec 27, 2019
Personally, it doesn't mather if the person is lying. If someone opens a thread and reveals their farewell, if you write in it, you should show your sympathy. Whether it's a lie or not, you should always treat the person as if they truely meant it. Many who do it are aren't only feeling miserable, but also have to end it on their own. So please, never show your distrust on the moment of there biggest vulnerability.
I do respect anyone in here and don't judge, I just miss truth in my life, really confused about people.

Reactions: Shero
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
There's no way to make sure they've ctb'ed unless they've provided personal information or inform someone here on SS... There have been situations where people have pretended to ctb just to see how people would react to the loss of them. Which is pretty sad in itself, but many people do lack the attention they seek in real life, so the seek it on the internet... Either that or people try to recover, or people around them are starting to get suspicious and they try their best to wipe everything, etc. The possibilities are endless. I just take everything here with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Not_Quite_Dead_Yet