• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Fathom

Fathom

But would anything matter if you're already dead?
Oct 28, 2023
Hi,
In general, I haven't seen Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) discussed too much here, with little consideration given to this particular method (I could only find it mentioned once here).
I got the idea for this from this youtube video of someone testing crazy dangerous chemical recipes from a book from 1933. According to him, it is "the deadliest recipe [he has] found in this whole book series".

For this reaction, you would need the following:
  1. Aluminum Dust (Could probably just crush up aluminum foil, if not, it's pretty cheap to order)
  2. Elemental Sulfur Powder (Can be bought online for pretty cheap, sometimes elemental sulfur is also used for gardening, so might be able to find it a gardening store)
  3. Water
  4. A heat source to ignite the reaction (Not entirely sure how hot it needs to get, a blowtorch was used in the video)

The procedure is simple:

1. Mix the aluminum and sulfur powder, with a 1-1 ratio of the two chemicals
  2. Light it on fire (It will violently react, creating a fire and lot of sparks)
    You have now created Aluminum Sulfide (Al2S3), which is not deadly on its own. You can store this stuff till you're ready for the next step
  3. Just add water. This will form Aluminum Hydroxide and Hydrogen Sulfide [Al2S3 + 6 H2O -> 3 H2S + 2 Al(OH)3]

Other notes:
  • I am not a chemist
  • I would recommend crushing the Al2S3 to powder before adding the water, it will increase the surface area, which might make the reaction in step 3 faster
  • H2S is about as deadly as CO (As little as 1000 ppm or 0.1% concentration in air is fatal in minutes), so you should make it in a remote, enclosed space to ensure nobody else inhales it. You should also put up warning signs at your site, as although H2S has a strong rotten egg smell, it deceptively disappears at concentrations higher than 100 ppm
  • Try not to breath for as long as possible as the reaction in step 3 takes place. Holding your breath will allow the concentration to build up, so you can be knocked unconscious instantly, rather than suffering for minutes
I know inhaling H2S is less popular (and more painful) than inhaling CO, but the ingredients seem a bit easier to get, and the setup is very simple. Do you think making H2S like this would be an effective method?

• Informative
Reactions: phoebie467, Oneness and cheese.out
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
A heat source to ignite the reaction (Not entirely sure how hot it needs to get, a blowtorch was used in the video)
Perhaps, the simplest way is to just use a burning match (better with protective gloves in order to avoid possible skin burns)

It's also possible to use a reaction of KMnO4 with glycerine which causes ignition

Try not to breath for as long as possible as the reaction in step 3 takes place. Holding your breath will allow the concentration to build up, so you can be knocked unconscious instantly, rather than suffering for minutes
I'd rather try to collect H2S in a bag attached to the bottleneck of a bottle with H2O and Al2S3. When enough gas is collected, you hold your breath, place the head inside the bag and resume breathing.
I know inhaling H2S is less popular (and more painful) than inhaling CO, but the ingredients seem a bit easier to get, and the setup is very simple. Do you think making H2S like this would be an effective method?
H2S is a more potent poison than CO, so yes, the method is very effective

Concentration
(ppm)
Symptoms/Effects
0.00011-0.00033Typical background concentrations
0.01-1.5Odor threshold (when rotten egg smell is first noticeable to some). Odor becomes more offensive at 3-5 ppm. Above 30 ppm, odor described as sweet or sickeningly sweet.
2-5Prolonged exposure may cause nausea, tearing of the eyes, headaches or loss of sleep. Airway problems (bronchial constriction) in some asthma patients.
20Possible fatigue, loss of appetite, headache, irritability, poor memory, dizziness.
50-100Slight conjunctivitis ("gas eye") and respiratory tract irritation after 1 hour. May cause digestive upset and loss of appetite.
100Coughing, eye irritation, loss of smell after 2-15 minutes (olfactory fatigue). Altered breathing, drowsiness after 15-30 minutes. Throat irritation after 1 hour. Gradual increase in severity of symptoms over several hours. Death may occur after 48 hours.
100-150Loss of smell (olfactory fatigue or paralysis).
200-300Marked conjunctivitis and respiratory tract irritation after 1 hour. Pulmonary edema may occur from prolonged exposure.
500-700Staggering, collapse in 5 minutes. Serious damage to the eyes in 30 minutes. Death after 30-60 minutes.
700-1000Rapid unconsciousness, "knockdown" or immediate collapse within 1 to 2 breaths, breathing stops, death within minutes.
1000-2000Nearly instant death

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Oneness