Lunaemoth

Lunaemoth

Dec 14, 2018
Is anyone here planning on making a playlist for when they CTB?

Sometimes, when I'm really upset or stressed, music just seems like noise and gibberish to me.

But sometimes music has been the only thing keeping me going day after day. IDK if it will be an annoyance or a comfort when my day comes, but I'd rather have it than not. Admittedly, the music I find comforting and relaxing is a bit weird. This is my playlist so far, in no particular order, though it's still a WIP.

1. May it Be (Enya)
2. Sleepsong (Secret Garden)
3. I See Fire (Ed Sheeran)
4. Edge of Night (Celtic Angels)
5. The Last Goodbye (Peter Hollens)*
6. Into the West (Annie Lennox)

For some reason very LotR oriented, folk/ballad type songs. I don't know. I listen to them to sleep a lot, and dream of never waking up, so it's fitting I suppose. Breaking Benjamin and Shinedown are among the bands I still listen to these days, but idk if they belong on my CTB playlist.

Anyone else?

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jewels and 1 other person
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Oh yes. A lot of people here seem to like the metal bands, but I lean toward gentler stuff.

I might suggest, however, that there's an entire thread devoted to this over in the "Offtopic" forum --in fact, I think there may be several threads. You might find others there who will also be pretty enthusiastic about the subject.

Reactions: sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Lunaemoth

Lunaemoth

Dec 14, 2018
Oh yes. A lot of people here seem to like the metal bands, but I lean toward gentler stuff.

I might suggest, however, that there's an entire thread devoted to this over in the "Offtopic" forum --in fact, I think there may be several threads. You might find others there who will also be pretty enthusiastic about the subject.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. I did look for something similar before I posted, but for some reason I didn't think to look in offtopic. Thank you.

Lunaemoth

Lunaemoth

Dec 14, 2018
Thank you to whoever moved this thread... I wasn't sure how to move or delete it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on playlists? Even a yay or nay?

15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Yeah, I've got a funeral one I plan on listening to when I ctb. It's just a lot of songs that have meant something to me over the years, nothing special really

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals