Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I guess many people would find this to be a crazy reason to CTB.

But for me, sports were everything. I didn't care which sport it was, whether it was a competitive match or Sunday league, whether I won or lost. Even if I lost badly, I had a smile on my face. I just loved sports more than anything else.

And now I cannot even go play penalty kicks with my friends. All because of a spinal disease, that was misdiagnosed by an incompetent doctor and left completely untreated.

I've lost almost everything, so I have many reasons to CTB. But this one stands out the most. I don't know when I CTB, but I'm sure that when the time comes, I will keep all my sports equipment close to me. I will hold a tennis ball in my hand. Maybe I will get to play some sports up there...

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: voudebase, Endtimes1, waitingforrest and 8 others
Pain In The Ass

Pain In The Ass

Wizard
Feb 10, 2022
could team online gaming be a sufficient substitute?

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
It's not at all a crazy reason to CTB. You were robbed of what made you happy and your life worth living. I'm truly sorry you have to suffer so. It's not fair.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, locked*n*loaded, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
There is no such thing as a crazy reason to ctb. Ctb does not even need a reason in the first place, we all have the right to exit at a time of our own choosing and no one needs to justify their reasons for leaving.

I'm sorry that you are in such an awful situation. It is horrifying how so many health conditions exist and how our bodies are capable of torturing us so much. Life is just so unfair and I can imagine that it must be devastating losing what you once enjoyed. I wish you the best in whatever happens and I hope that you find relief from suffering.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Hurt
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
No, I totally get that, as someone who's also really into sports. I do wonder if it might not be possible to get into coaching or even scouting—just something so you're still around the game…

Reactions: voudebase and Fish Face
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't think it's a crazy reason. It's all about needs. If our needs get met, we are usually living fulfilling, blissful lives. Sometimes it is possible to find an acceptable substitute for some need we can no longer do. It doesn't always work. But, we all have different needs. I will say, though, that the idea of needing to ctb usually only comes into play when many, most, or all of our needs can no longer, or are not being met. But, everyone is different.

Reactions: katagiri83
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
Not sports, but related: Famed keyboardist/composer Keith Emerson, of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, CTB a few years ago after his hands started to give out and he couldn't play up to his high standards anymore.

• Aww..
Reactions: voudebase, DynamicDepression, fizi22 and 1 other person
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
It's one of my reasons to CTB. Many sports that were my hobbies I can't do anymore due to my illness. So instead of doing these sports I'm sitting on a couch eating junk food watching these sports on TV, while I'm getting fat instead of improving my physique.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
It's one of my reasons to CTB. Many sports that were my hobbies I can't do anymore due to my illness. So instead of doing these sports I'm sitting on a couch eating junk food watching these sports on TV, while I'm getting fat instead of improving my physique.
This is exactly my situation... it's truly heartbreaking. At least we can CTB.

Reactions: HadItAll