• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sage_

sage_

Sep 11, 2023
Im a little worried to even ask this question considering the people who decided to, have comments telling them that if they tell others it means they want help and still have hope. everything isnt that black and white though, the reason i wanted to tell at least my sister and boyfriend is because i want to help them find resources that can help them for after the whole thing happens, but i was thinking that i could just give them those resources in general, and i dont want them to have things they never got to say to me before i died.

My sister and my boyfriend both know that Im suicidal but my boyfriend is the only one who i promised id tell him a week before i killed myself (not the day), but i was wondering if i should even tell him; i mean, in general what good would it do?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, ChronicallyCynical and アホペンギン
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Don't tell anyone about your plans. Even if you trust them so much they will still try to get you admitted to a psych ward behind your back. Do not trust anyone.

Reactions: borntosuffer, sage_, thebookofdisquiet. and 1 other person
Upvote 0
W

weisel

Jul 2, 2023
I thought about tha myself, but quickly decided against it. Idc how much I wanna tell someone especially if I want them to no cuz ppl who will find out won't no them to tell them, but I can't, so if they will think I ghosted them

Upvote 0
Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
Yes, telling people that your ending your life soon seems to have the benefit that you can answer the questions that they would ask after your death so that they can get an understanding of why you ended it. But keep in mind that it comes with the risk that they tell other people or even get you locked up in a psych ward somehow. If you know your bf and sister are people who can keep a secret then why not. But there will always be a risk that they misunderstand you anyways and end the relationship so please be very careful. Good luck!

Reactions: sage_
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wouldn't tell anyone about the actual plan and especially not "a week" before. There is plenty of time for them to interfere during your attempt and to disturb your plans. Write the resources down in a note and they will get that note after you CTBed. They will not need that resources earlier.

Reactions: sage_, thebookofdisquiet. and アホペンギン
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think it's a really bad idea telling other people in advance unless one wants to be stopped from ctb as after all we exist in this inhumane anti-suicide society where so many people sadly refuse to accept the decision to die, telling other people will likely just mean they try and interfere, it's risky doing such a thing.

It's sad how people don't have the option say goodbye in advance, suicide really should be able to be discussed openly without other people trying to cruelly prolong suffering. But I would just see it as best to write notes instead to be read after if one wants to say farewell and has a message to leave for those left behind.

Reactions: sage_
Upvote 0
sage_

sage_

Sep 11, 2023
after reading everyone's comments ive decided to not let anyone know before hand, it seems id just be sent to a psych ward and it wouldn't be worth it. thank you guys from the comments <3

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0