sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Thoughts on cryonics? Medical miracle or scientific scam?

"Cryonics is the practice of preserving humans and animals at cryogenic temperatures in the hope that future science can restore them to a healthy living condition as well as rejuvenate them. At present cryonics can only be performed after pronouncement of legal death of the cryonics subject."

Last edited:
Reactions: psp3000, Forever Sleep and Suicidebydeath
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I remember reading about a guy who was running a really small company like this and he lost power, the backup generators failed, and everyone thawed out.

I personally wouldn't sign up for something like this.

• Informative
Reactions: BrainShower and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
@DarkRange55 What do you think?

cantthinkofusername

cantthinkofusername

wannabe girl
Feb 25, 2024
cool in concept, but i dont trust the technology yet
the odds that nothing goes wrong in the ??? years it takes for us to maybe develop the technology to unfreeze people just seems small

Reactions: sserafim
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
imo it's useless and just created to scam rich ppl who are afraid to die. and scamming rich ppl is based so i'm all for it

Reactions: BrainShower, sserafim and jamie_
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
how on earth would this work now?

if there really is a soul, what happens to it? you're announced dead so your soul should have left. does it come back at a later date?

i'd imagine this would cost a fortune and there is no telling how long it would take for the human race to advance to that level. it could take thousands of years. we haven't even found a cure for the common cold let alone the conditions that ail me.

currently you may be 'royalty' for lack of a better word but when you get reanimated, you won't be more than a guinea pig.

in a much more advanced time without a dime to your name - that should be fun!

i think it's a total scam

Reactions: sserafim, juna and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think it's gamble and we're nowhere close to revive or rejuvenate a dead body.

Reactions: sserafim and MyChoiceAlone
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Who really knows in the future? Imagine trying to tell medieval times people about DNA, fingerprints, cloning, genetic engineering etc. Maybe it will be possible some day.

I suppose it's more the fascination I have with people who don't want to die. Who would be happy to roll the dice again and live. That just seems so weird to me!

Plus, I bet their relatives are so pissed watching all their would-be inheritance spent on keeping them as a human popsicle till the money runs out.

Reactions: sserafim, juna, jar-baby and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
here's an interesting video I saw on this subject a long time ago

can't really understand why someone would do it (really expensive to do and maintain + the previous failures and incidents) and I am not sure if it's a scam

Reactions: sserafim and Praestat_Mori
TopChicken

TopChicken

Time to catch the bus
Mar 4, 2024
If I could, i would absolutely do this. I really want to see what happens. Aside from that, the risk is minimal, you just never wake up, and if you do, it may be into a better world where medical advances could fix whatever ails you now. Worst chance you could just ctb in that time period.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and sserafim