• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

BackgroundPerson

Jun 4, 2024
Drive to Location in the forest. Burn 6 pounds (2.75 Kg) lump charcoal (cant stand the smell of briquets) for 40 minutes, or until mostly covered in gray ash. Transfer coals to large stockpot (don't have a pail) make sure flames are extinguished in pot. Take 300 mg trazadone and 10 mg Oxy. (that's all I have available. I'm autistic, so OTS sleep aids will not work on me) Prep a baking pan with water in back of my 2018 Subaru Forester (about 6m3 interior space). 10 minutes after transferring coals to pot and making sure flames are out, move pot of coals to car. Close doors and wait 20 minutes. Enter back seat with child safety door locks engaged and close door. Throw keys in the front seat, so I can't attempt to drive while incapacitated. Start music playlist on phone, then throw in front seat, so I can't make call(s) while incapacitated. Relax, breathe steady but not heavy, wait for bus.

Questions:
I mentioned the year and make of my car because I have read that tapeing up the windows and doors is not nessisery on newer model cars. Mine is in good shape and seals well against the weather. Am I correct in assuming I don't have to bother? (dash vents will be closed)

CO is roughly the same weight as normal air, so would a small fan help or hinder CO production/movement? The fan would be for my own comfort and not fanning the coals.

I'm concerned about the heat from the coals heating or melting the top of the cargo area in my car and making fumes or a fire that will disturb my wait for the bus. From others who have experimented with this method, they sat it's mostly a non issue, but do you have any ideas for some kind of heat diffuser to help avoid this potential issue?

{Edit, another question} would blowing up balloons to decrease the interior volume of a space quicken or increase the CO levels in said space?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
AdamOndiAhman

AdamOndiAhman

dreaming on kolob
Feb 8, 2024
Drive to Location in the forest. Burn 6 pounds (2.75 Kg) lump charcoal (cant stand the smell of briquets) for 40 minutes, or until mostly covered in gray ash. Transfer coals to large stockpot (don't have a pail) make sure flames are extinguished in pot. Take 300 mg trazadone and 10 mg Oxy. (that's all I have available. I'm autistic, so OTS sleep aids will not work on me) Prep a baking pan with water in back of my 2018 Subaru Forester (about 6m3 interior space). 10 minutes after transferring coals to pot and making sure flames are out, move pot of coals to car. Close doors and wait 20 minutes. Enter back seat with child safety door locks engaged and close door. Throw keys in the front seat, so I can't attempt to drive while incapacitated. Start music playlist on phone, then throw in front seat, so I can't make call(s) while incapacitated. Relax, breathe steady but not heavy, wait for bus.

Questions:
I mentioned the year and make of my car because I have read that tapeing up the windows and doors is not nessisery on newer model cars. Mine is in good shape and seals well against the weather. Am I correct in assuming I don't have to bother? (dash vents will be closed)

CO is roughly the same weight as normal air, so would a small fan help or hinder CO production/movement? The fan would be for my own comfort and not fanning the coals.

I'm concerned about the heat from the coals heating or melting the top of the cargo area in my car and making fumes or a fire that will disturb my wait for the bus. From others who have experimented with this method, they sat it's mostly a non issue, but do you have any ideas for some kind of heat diffuser to help avoid this potential issue?

{Edit, another question} would blowing up balloons to decrease the interior volume of a space quicken or increase the CO levels in said space?

Thank you in advance.
i have a question.
whats the water for?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Waiting for coals to turn to "gray ash" is too late. Coals need to be glowing red hot. At that point they shouldn't even be smoking. Don't like the idea of doing it in a vehicle. They're too leaky. It's too difficult to get the CO level where you need it and to maintain it once at that point. How did you come up with 6 lbs of charcoal? I have never heard of using balloons to decrease volume. I have no idea if that's a good idea or not. I'd be more concerned with the leakage in the car. Heat from the coals could be a factor in a fire starting. I just don't like the idea of using a vehicle.

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
Since air does occupy space, theoretically and if the balloons remain airtight, filling the car with balloons will decrease the overall available air in the car and so you'll have a higher percentage of CO in that air.

As for the rest, I'm not sure, don't know much about cars. I'm not fond of using one because I don't trust their airtightness, but I understand how some people don't have much choice.

If you go through with it, I hope you find the peace you need.

B

BackgroundPerson

Jun 4, 2024
The pan of water is used to keep the heat from the pot of coals melting or overheating whatever is under the coals. It doesn't have to be a pan of water, anything that protects the surface under the heat source. Some others use bricks or rocks to elevate the pot.
Waiting for coals to turn to "gray ash" is too late. Coals need to be glowing red hot. At that point they shouldn't even be smoking. Don't like the idea of doing it in a vehicle. They're too leaky. It's too difficult to get the CO level where you need it and to maintain it once at that point. How did you come up with 6 lbs of charcoal? I have never heard of using balloons to decrease volume. I have no idea if that's a good idea or not. I'd be more concerned with the leakage in the car. Heat from the coals could be a factor in a fire starting. I just don't like the idea of using a vehicle.
Sorry, my typo. Covered in ash would mean yes the coals are still glowing red. Not completely turned to ash.

I came to 6 Lbs 2 ways... 1) I've seen a few threads where the OP has calculated the charcoal required for X volume and I rounded up, and 2) that's all I can fit in my little grill. (Practicality beats math lol)

The Balloon idea came to me for whatever reason. I think I was looking for ways to decrease the interior volume of different types of spaces. Like if someone were going to use a bathroom, filling the tub with water first could reduce interior space by 2.5. to 5%.

I don't know how to feel about air leakage in the car. Seeing that the weight of CO is so very close to normal air and that most modern cars are well sealed against the elements, in my mind, I can't see the need for sealing up doors and windows IF the existing seals are in good working order. Heck, a small amount of leakage may be a good thing considering the warm coals will expand the air in the given space slightly, therefore expelling air and replacing it with CO. I also don't know much about tents and in my mind I can't see how a porous tent, no matter how waterproof, would be more airtight than a car.

Last edited:
F

frost_

Jun 6, 2024
I don't have experience but if you are asking for suggestions, what you you think about a trial run with a cheap CO meter without you inside? I'm not sure if there are any meters that can be continuously on.

I read a dozen or so pages on the CO mega thread, for the tent people suggested spray painting it to prevent it from leaking air, but I don't know how airproof that is and I would still suggest a trial run with a CO meter.

B

BackgroundPerson

Jun 4, 2024
I'll be trying this in about 12 hours. I'll try the balloon idea for spits and tickles. If I have cell service, I'll update with pics.

Reactions: alltoomuch2
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
CO is a little bit lighter than air. Sitting in your car will place your head (where you breath) far away from "ground level". It's all about to keep up the lethal CO level for enough time to die. I would always increase the amount of charcoal. Carbon is the element that is responsible for CO in incomplete combustion to produce CO, nothing else.

User tests:

B

BackgroundPerson

Jun 4, 2024
Well damn, the camp has cell service...

Attachments

• 20240611_174857.jpg
    20240611_174857.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
B

BackgroundPerson

Jun 4, 2024
10 more min on the coals.... Prepping landing zone

Attachments

• 1718147697221526511747175597879.jpg
    1718147697221526511747175597879.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
I'm very curious if this works.
I wish you luck on your journey

B

BackgroundPerson

Jun 4, 2024
Coals in the trunk. Pills taken. Waiting 20 min for car to fill up. FYI I got the balloons but couldn't be bothered. It was just an idea.

• Hugs
A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
I wonder if you already left this hell called life. Hope you had/have a smooth journey!