• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Hey everyone.

A while back, I posted a suicide scale that people commented on about how they were feeling in regards to the number. I am trying to create my own simpler version of it as that's what my therapist has asked me to do.

If you could read them and either suggest what you would have for each number or what you would write/ swap around, that would be very useful as I'm stuck!

1 - I have no suicidal thoughts
2 - I have a brief thought of suicide but only when something is going wrong but it goes away quickly.
3 - I'm starting to get suicidal thoughts during the day, but they are just thoughts and I don't want to act on them.
4 -
5- I am having suicidal thoughts but I am able to stop them.
6 - I am struggling to control my suicidal thoughts but trying to distract myself.
7 - I have suicidal thoughts and I'm looking up methods.
8 - I am unable to control my suicidal thoughts and want to start acting on them soon. Things are getting bad again.
9 - I am working on my suicide plan i.e sorting out will, saying goodbye or setting it up.
10 - I am going to act on my suicide thoughts/ plan in the next couple of days.

Reactions: Red Desert, unsaiddes, HadItAll and 13 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: tinyteefs, moya117, fr0ggie and 13 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The problem with any scale is it puts me at a 9 regardless of how I feel due to having a plan, a prepared kit/bag, and notes are ready. I can be super happy but still a 9 due to how prepared I am at a moments notice.... oh I need to add a rope to my SN away bag!

• Hugs
Reactions: Dying science gal, Metalhead, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 5 others
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
How does it work? You say "10" instead of talking much and your therapist calls for help? I'm just asking from curiosity you don't have to answer.

Reactions: Sad_Autistic_boy_101
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Yeah that's the one I posted last time!
How does it work? You say "10" instead of talking much and your therapist calls for help? I'm just asking from curiosity you don't have to answer.
My therapist writes down what number I'm at from the beginning of the session and the end of the session. I'm currently on a suicide pact so I'm not allowed to have another attempt for 4 weeks and so this is their way of monitoring.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
somewhere around 6 or 7 - I think about it every day and I'm not going to stop, I like it.

Reactions: Metalhead, Antigonish and Sad_Autistic_boy_101
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Regarding that scale i guess im at a 8 or 9.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Trayus, Sad_Autistic_boy_101 and 1 other person
R

RedFoxSwims

Oct 8, 2020
Based on that cartoon I'm a five. I had a good day today too.

Reactions: DoNotLet2
Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
I'm at like a 9 on your scale, 10 on the cartoon scale, but I'm not going to go for help

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dying science gal and DoNotLet2
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
My issue with the Emmengard Scale is that it presupposes that the person contemplating suicide wants to be stopped. This is definitely the case for many people, but not all.

There are actually several scales aimed at quantifying suicidal ideation. That link leads to a study about the various scales. I'm most familiar with the Columbia and Beck scales, but reading through the study, there are others that I find interesting as well.

• Love
Reactions: fr0ggie, antigone_iris and 262653
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
The previous post with the suicide scale was slightly ridiculous. Everyone saying '10' when they haven't actually taken the overdose, cut the wrists, on their way to hospital.
I know people are struggling on here but unless you are actually dying by your one hand right now or on your way to hospital, you're not a 10.
based on the cartoon, I'm an 8 today. I never go higher than an 8 which is why I'm still alive.

Reactions: antigone_iris
dss262

dss262

Nov 23, 2021
Screenshot 20211218 144138 Messages I found this on the net and it seems to be a good guide, however, I think each stage is a little different for everyone.

needed_

needed_

waiting for a miracle
Dec 17, 2021
i am an 8, I'm not doing it like tomorrow but I am really really depressed and in so much pain

• Hugs
Reactions: Noctis
Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
I think 4 needs to be something along the lines of "I want to die. I'm not going to do anything about it, but I wouldn't say no to being shot in the head by the Zodiac right now."

Reactions: hopelessgirl and LONE WOLF.
moya117

moya117

A replacement that can easily get replaced
Mar 31, 2023
Hey everyone.

A while back, I posted a suicide scale that people commented on about how they were feeling in regards to the number. I am trying to create my own simpler version of it as that's what my therapist has asked me to do.

If you could read them and either suggest what you would have for each number or what you would write/ swap around, that would be very useful as I'm stuck!

1 - I have no suicidal thoughts
2 - I have a brief thought of suicide but only when something is going wrong but it goes away quickly.
3 - I'm starting to get suicidal thoughts during the day, but they are just thoughts and I don't want to act on them.
4 -
5- I am having suicidal thoughts but I am able to stop them.
6 - I am struggling to control my suicidal thoughts but trying to distract myself.
7 - I have suicidal thoughts and I'm looking up methods.
8 - I am unable to control my suicidal thoughts and want to start acting on them soon. Things are getting bad again.
9 - I am working on my suicide plan i.e sorting out will, saying goodbye or setting it up.
10 - I am going to act on my suicide thoughts/ plan in the next couple of days.
8-9, actually failed overdosing and night night method
it hurts yeah but I'm getting used to it, it's weirdly comforting too ...

watchdog

watchdog

watch-dog
Mar 24, 2023
somewhere around 6 or 7 - I think about it every day and I'm not going to stop, I like it.
I could not have said this better.
This is exactly how I feel.

NoLongerHuman.

NoLongerHuman.

Disqualified as a human being
Apr 30, 2023
It depends. Its mostly 6-7. It depends on how shit things are or if my OCD is pushing the wrong buttons (Which sucks, especially on the days I can be happy for a small time)

sashimi_

sashimi_

salmon and cucumber maki
Apr 27, 2023
around 6 and 7 , reading stuff on here helps tbh

PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023

I still haven't finished or haven't started settling matters. Severe ADHD symptoms. SN didn't arrive and I started feeling better so I didn't kill myself last weekend, last week was actually pretty neat, visiting family before CTb date cleared my mind too, but then Police came to visit.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
I am at 8-9 now. Today I almost did it. I am "holding on, even if just barely" like in the cartoon picture. I never came so close to actually doing it, and to accept the fight is over and there is no point in going on. Any day can be the day now. I can feel myself capitulate.

nothingbutmybest

nothingbutmybest

Student
May 1, 2023
I think move 5 to 4, then 5 should be "I am having suicidal thoughts and consider them but decide against it". Some of your options are a little too specific though. I have never distracted myself from my own thoughts and probably never would

uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
i have access to the ...stuff. i have a rough date, september. that is when i would have moved out of my parents' house because of pursuing gradschool far from home. i cant do it right now, but it is imminent, and i think about it every day. im unsure where that sort of sentiment fits in the scale.