L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I just really need to swear and maybe cry so here is a good spot. So am staying in crack den and the main person whose place it is who is kind of my boyfriend is wanting to give up crack. He told his crack/heroin addicted homeless thief buddy to leave… and then relented and said that he could sleep here again.

His buddy is a thief and steals to fund smoking heroin and crack. They spend the money for food on drugs. They eat all of the food that is bought without even leaving a slice of bread and they trash the place.

I can just see there is no way to get out of this cycle of drug-buddy crack heads. How can these people call themselves friends if all they do is keep him in a cycle of spending all his money on crack. His other 'friend' just gave him crack just when he said he was giving it up. I find it horrifying that anyone could call these people friends. And that 'friends' would not be in support of giving up crack/heroin.

I know for me that my issue is my mental health and I need to get my own housing, so that's what I need to focus on. And that I can't change this. I just need to press on any button to get myself housing and get on a list. I dont know how long I can stick out my own mental health issues and depression.

I haven't wanted to judge these people, but it's just really hard to watch someone who wants to get back getting sucked into it. I feel like they are using him in the guise of friendship.

• Hugs
Reactions: ksp, Brokensaddle and Someone123
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Get out of there!

Reactions: ctb7767 and Brokensaddle
Brokensaddle

Brokensaddle

Student
Sep 28, 2020
This sound so heart breaking and terrible. The first thing you need to do is save yourself. If you stay in that toxic environment you'll end up a junkie. Your job isn't to save anyone, sure you can give advice and guidance and be there for people but at the end of the day it's the individual person decision whether to take your support onboard and get help and become clean.

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Sometimes you can't even get out of a relatively calm environment so how are you going to get out of that toxic pit. I don't know the full picture but it sounds very complicated.