Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Could someone please recommend me quiet, comforting video games that aren't too fast or complicated?
Some games that I usually love are just too much for me rn. My mind is just overwhelmed pretty easily and I want to pass some time until I find a way to buy RC for my ctb method.
Scrolled through older threads, but couldn't find what I was searching for or maybe I'm just blind.
I've played so many games already, so here is a list of comfy games I personally enjoyed.

I also highly recommend all of them in no particular order:

Dragon Age Series
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind ( RPG classics)
Eastshade (you are a painter in a very beautiful world, no fights, deep, well-written NPCs, Elder Scrolls-feeling, very unique game)
Pokémon and Cassette Beasts
Stardew Valley and Sun Haven
Calico
ABZU (diving in the ocean with wildlife ♥)
Okami
Minecraft
Diablo 3
The Legend of Zelda
Animal Crossing
Secret of Mana
Yoshi's Island
Myst
Starbound
Wytchwood
Journey
Night In the Woods

MMORPGs:
Elder Scrolls Online
World of Warcraft

Examples of games I've played and loved, but are too heavy, too fast or just too much for my weird brain rn:

The Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Hollow Knight, some newer Final Fantasy games, No Man's Sky, Gothic Series, Hogwarts Legacy, Borderlands, Monsterhunter, Alice: Madness Returns, first four Assassin's Creed games, Left4Dead 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Bioshock, Detroit: Become Human,...

I'm thankful for any suggestions ♥

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brew, CTB Dream, esthe and 11 others
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
I recommend Subnautica, it's very comfortable to play, and it's fun because you can use your creativity to build underwater houses and you can explore the ocean by swimming or aboard a submarine.

• Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, cgrtt.brns, kernel_panic and 1 other person
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
There's Dave the Diver if you're fine with fishing collectaton + diner dash games. It's just managing a sushi resto while catching some fish. I really liked the pixel art it has and the storyline's pretty wholesome.

You can also try Dredge. Also a fishing game but with some horror elements. It's not that scary tho, and the item management part is pretty fun.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, CTB Dream, cgrtt.brns and 1 other person
Aesthetic guy

Aesthetic guy

Just hanging around...
Dec 13, 2022
i always play Don't starve together for relaxation.
sand box games usually are best option, but this game is just something else for me. super cozy.

• Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, cgrtt.brns and Starry✧・゚Daze
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
Have you played To the Moon? it's basically like play through a story, it can get a bit emotional though

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Brew, CTB Dream, KowakuNaiNeko and 3 others
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
Yume 2kki is very relaxing

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, CTB Dream, StolenLife and 2 others
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
ive never played it but moonglow bay looks nice and cozy.
one game i love to zone out and listen to music while playing is viscera clean up detail, its so comfy just getting into a routine of cleaning and once you finish a level its quite satisfying.

• Love
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: CTB Dream, lonegore, Starry✧・゚Daze and 1 other person
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
LSD Dream Emulator but I guess some people find the game scary so it's 50/50 depending on the person

Stardew Valley which is already mentioned I think

Old School Runescape

Avalanche 1080 (50/50)

Crazy Taxi (once again 50/50)

Phantasy Star Portable

The Sims 2

I usually play calm or relaxing games while either listening to a podcast or music

• Love
Reactions: CTB Dream, Sweet Tart, LostinCyberspace and 2 others
ApparentlyNot

ApparentlyNot

Thanks for all the cats.
Jul 8, 2023
GRIS (reminds me of Journey, is easy, and visually stunning)
Harvest Moon
Stardew Valley
Terraria
Super Mario Galaxy or Sunshine (although, these games are very difficult if I'm being honest)
Ori and the Blind Forest or Ori and the Will of the Wisps (I know you said Hollow Knight was too serious, and I consider these games similar, but Ori is significantly easier mechanically speaking)
Genshin Impact (for fun, lighthearted exploration)
Oxenfree

If you like horror and darker themes:
Omori
Night in the Woods
Little Nightmares II
Bramble
Pinstripe

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: CTB Dream, psp3000 and Starry✧・゚Daze
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions!

Most of these are exactly what I've been looking for, so I'm gonna add them to my wishlist tomorrow.

I'm still open for more if anyone else has a recommendation ♡

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Crono
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
I love slime rancher 1 and 2, they're both great (altho sr1 has my heart)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CTB Dream and Starry✧・゚Daze
D

dirtcube

Jul 6, 2023
Disco Elysium, incredible RPG, basically a playable novel about a depressed detective
Kingdom Come: Deliverance, super comfy, unmatched immersion

• Love
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
LSD Dream Emulator but I guess some people find the game scary so it's 50/50 depending on the person

Stardew Valley which is already mentioned I think

Old School Runescape

Avalanche 1080 (50/50)

Crazy Taxi (once again 50/50)

Phantasy Star Portable

The Sims 2

I usually play calm or relaxing games while either listening to a podcast or music
LSD Dream Emulator sounds cool!

• Hugs
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
LSD Dream Emulator sounds cool!
It is based on a 10 year dream diary/journal that I have yet to read by Hiroko Nishikawa it bothers me a bit when people automatically assume its about actual LSD (Lovely Sweet Dream) since it is titled that along with the absurd or bizarre visuals (and the fan games from the LSD game jam are great too someone made one with cats thats very cute and I suggest the game Soup 0.9 which is a bit similar but very short and not as entertaining but very mysetrious)

and it's by one of my favourite artists Osamu Sato I highly suggest looking into more of his games, music and art
here's some gameplay from it

and all/most of the cutscenes from it they are always fun to watch

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: CTB Dream, ApparentlyNot, Starry✧・゚Daze and 1 other person
S

stilldreaming

Student
Aug 30, 2021
Oh I'm afraid I'm not much of a gamer, though I was given for Christmas Cult of the Lamb and I found it adorable and demonic and adorably demonic. I also just so happen to be playing your first suggestion, and have you considered other Bioware titles? As I understand it their Mass Effect trilogy is like a sci fi Dragon Age (I would guess it's maybe not 'cozy' but will be extremely well-written with very charming characters you can grow to care too much about!).

There's a boardgame, Wingspan, that can be played single player (and on Steam) that I find incredibly relaxing and comforting, with lovely artwork and music. (And, you get to learn a bit about birds!)

It sounds like you've got some great suggestions though, so I hope you're lost in these digital worlds soon :)

• Hugs
Starry✧・゚Daze

Starry✧・゚Daze

Aug 3, 2023
Oh I'm afraid I'm not much of a gamer, though I was given for Christmas Cult of the Lamb and I found it adorable and demonic and adorably demonic. I also just so happen to be playing your first suggestion, and have you considered other Bioware titles? As I understand it their Mass Effect trilogy is like a sci fi Dragon Age (I would guess it's maybe not 'cozy' but will be extremely well-written with very charming characters you can grow to care too much about!).

There's a boardgame, Wingspan, that can be played single player (and on Steam) that I find incredibly relaxing and comforting, with lovely artwork and music. (And, you get to learn a bit about birds!)

It sounds like you've got some great suggestions though, so I hope you're lost in these digital worlds soon :)
Yes, I've actually considered diving into the Mass Effect series, too. But I'm still not so sure about the shooter elements and if they are too much for me rn. One day I will definitely try them tho.

Oh, I love Wingspan. I don't own the steam version, but the board game and used to play this with friends when I was feeling more social. Such a beautiful game ♡

Cult of the Lamb looks very interesting to me, thank you!

I'm so grateful for everyone's recommendations.
So many cool games to try out, you folks helped me a lot! ♡

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and stilldreaming
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
I always find the Picross series to be relaxing.

• Love
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Terraria is a lot of fun and doesn't feel like too much. My favorite go-to comfort games are Terraria and Stardew.

• Love
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
definitely NO MAN's SKY!

You can lose hours just building your own amazing fantasy resort, just looking around for gathering resources, quests that take you all over the universe, even space ship collecting, or fly for Infiniti for the hell of it lol. Small chit chat from NPC's so you don't have to worry about walls of text like this!😝

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Crono and Starry✧・゚Daze
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
Earthbound
Dragon Quest 3
Dragon Quest 7
Persona 3 (Gets a little fast paced by the end of the game)

• Love
esthe

esthe

for the tainted sorrow in languor dreams of death
May 9, 2023
Terraria, many people recommended it and I'll do the same, it's so comforting, at least to me! Then Slime Rancher, Superliminal (even though it can get a little tricky but it's one of my favorites), Omori and Yume Nikki (which can get a bit dark like Night in The Woods, but are straight up fantastic, especially Omori), A Short Hike, One Shot, and Death And Taxes

• Hugs
J

just_so_done

Experienced
Apr 16, 2023
I'm not the familiar with the games you like but theres an online site i've used, not sure if they have the type of games you like but its free. its called boardgamearena.com, just need to make a username and password, good distraction

• Love
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Awww v nice amaze list, can say KH v relax amaze game seres

• Hugs
Reactions: Starry✧・゚Daze and Crono
Brew

Brew

Professional Jaywalker
Nov 8, 2021
I knew in my heart a thread like this had to exist. Tysm

I was actually looking up for recommendations but now I'll recommend one of me favorites ever:

In full honesty everything about this game is immaculate to me. Don't make the same mistake as me and try and play it for the achievements or anything, it's much better if you just try your best to experience it as you go instead of doing checklists.
Y'all can check it out here [obligatory ps3/4/5/6/9 has no games joke]

What other games y'all think should count as comfort games? I know some people would prefer some that can actually pose a challenge and get a good distraction out of that, instead of something like a Winnie the Pooh game. Too bad I only know infuriating ones...
Wonder if we are allowed to go beyond PC games with emulation discussions, although it'd be probably better not to bring any more headache to the mod team...
OH YEAH I FORGOT ANOTHER ONE

ITS HOB PLAY HOB EVERYONE I SWEAR IT'S GOOD NOW

I hear the reviews on it about how repetitive it can be at points but in all honesty it's worth going all the way to the end, even with a guide telling you exactly where to go at times if you have trouble with the lack of dialog and text. Exploring the world you make rearrange itself like a magic cube or purify from... weird purple things I don't really know what they are.

Last edited: