TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is just an idea that I had that on paper may make sense, but not fully tested yet. Based on my understanding of concealment and being as inconspicuous as possible in one's attempt (as well as buying some privacy and time), I had an idea just recently. When one decides to CTB, especially in a vehicle, I may suggest finding things to cover the windows, including the windshield and rear window/rear windshield. For the door windows, and front windshield, some clothes and sun shades would be sufficient, respectively.

Also, for added insurance, parking in a secluded place (legally) and also under the cover of darkness (night time) would give the idea of someone just temporarily resting in their vehicle like after a long trip, long drive. Just make sure that everything is organized and ready and when you are going to CTB, then cover everything up and then you wouldn't feel like someone is watching you or in any urgent rush to CTB. You can take your time and have less pressure when attempting. The other added advantage of this is now that if you make a mess, it would be contained within your property (your vehicle) and also since you can move your vehicle to other places, you have a much larger range of places where you can CTB (within your vehicle of course).

Hell, if you have an RV it's even easier to do so and essentially, it is your mobile "home". Not everyone has the luxury of owning one, nor do I own one myself, but for the people that do, it's something to consider.

Edit: Perhaps covering ALL windows including the windshield and other rearshield might not be the best idea as it might attract 'MORE' attention, but maybe covering most of it, at least enough to give you some privacy but not enough to raise suspicion might be ideal.

Last edited:
squirtsoda

squirtsoda

Fallen Eagle
Jan 19, 2020
I've thought about doing it in a parking lot. Instead of covering up the vehicle, I was planning to just leave it open, but put on sunglasses and recline back in the seat a little bit so as to raise the least suspicion. Somewhere like a Walmart parking lot would fit the bill as they allow travelers and the homeless to stay in their vehicle overnight as policy, and they would without a doubt have someone monitoring the cameras. I believe this would enable you to be found quickly enough before your corpse deteriorates, but long enough to commit CTB by a method like SN or OD. Of course I plan to do it in a hotel, but if I gotta go right away, maybe a parking lot if the choice for me. Also I would leave my door unlocked.

Reactions: mesohappy
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Around here, covering all the windows would raise suspicion.

I believe people would think that you are living in your vehicle, which is illegal in many places.

You could get away with a sunshade over the front windshield and possibly children's sunshades on the back windows, but a thoroughly covered car would attract attention.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Around here, covering all the windows would raise suspicion.

I believe people would think that you are living in your vehicle, which is illegal in many places.

You could get away with a sunshade over the front windshield and possibly children's sunshades on the back windows, but a thoroughly covered car would attract attention.
I suppose you could leave the front door windows uncovered while having like some clothes hanging up in the backseat door windows (there is a hook above the window inside the car) so it looks like you are headed towards a business trip or something. Maybe that might be less suspicious?