Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
It would be so nice to live in the country. Just move away from all the noise in the city and be left alone...

Reactions: TheOA, Brick In The Wall and Right2Die73
EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019
I live in the country. Cows mooing. Tractors..combine harvesters thundering about. Dogs barking birds shrieking sheep baaing owls all night Lord almighty it never stops. Dont be thinking the country is quiet!!
And then theres the mud!

ok maybe no lions then.

Reactions: R_N, Kira, stellabelle and 4 others
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
I live in the country. Cows mooing. Tractors..combine harvesters thundering about. Dogs barking birds shrieking sheep baaing owls all night Lord almighty it never stops. Dont be thinking the country is quiet!!
And then theres the mud!

ok maybe no lions then.

I would take animal noises over human noises any day.

Reactions: charlottewilts, Brick In The Wall, Fragile and 1 other person
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
Sometimes country living can be too quiet! Seriously, isolation is a problem, particularly for the elderly. Nowhere is perfect and everywhere has trade-offs. Depends what you want and are looking for I guess.

But, yes, I prefer living in the countryside even though I do miss cafes and cinemas etc. For me, it's being able to go for walks, enjoy the quiet, watch the birds, etc. It is really relaxing.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and EmptyArms
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
What noises are troubling you ?

I'm not really troubled by any noises right now because I just moved to the suburbs for school, but I think the sound of construction is the worst.

Reactions: Right2Die73 and EmptyArms
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I tried living in the country side, and while I enjoyed it immensly, it didn't help me feel my suffering less keenly. It's was quite an aha-moment for me, because I realized the space around me was less important than I thought it would be. I carry my problems with me, wherever I may go.
Nowhere is perfect and everywhere has trade-offs.

Yes!

Reactions: Right2Die73
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
Pretty much what everyone else has said. I've lived in a city (with millions), and in a town that farmland was visible from my back yard (and had nights spent at friends who lived in forests with the nearest neighbors 5 miles away). There's benefits and disadvantages to all of them. It all depends on what you prefer, what you're wanting, your needs for health, well a lot of factors actually.

Actually given everything for me, metropolitan areas are best, you're still 'part of the city', but you can have a quiet street with little to no traffic. You can have museums within an hour, hospitals within minutes, shopping everywhere, but still go into a backyard and just have like static noise.

Reactions: Kira, BlueWidow, Throwawaysoul and 2 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I've lived in the country before, but I hate that feeling isolation. Even though I love being alone, I like to hear people and bustle around me, cars going past, people outside. I also really like all my conveniences nearby.

Reactions: Epsilon0
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
I carry my problems with me, wherever I may go.

Ain't that the truth! Like 'I drink to drown my problems but my problems have learnt to swim'

Reactions: BlueWidow and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Ain't that the truth! Like 'I drink to drown my problems but my problems have learnt to swim'

They swim faster than Michael Phelps. And they can hold their breath under water for hours at a time...

L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
I've lived in the country before, but I hate that feeling isolation.

Yes, it is difficult isn't it? Especially in the winter when the days are shorter and grey, and it's raining raining raining. Nowhere to go, nobody around. I can go days without seeing anyone (except my partner) Sometimes that's perfect but I'd be telling lies if I said it didn't get me down. It is, as I said above, a big problem - particularly for the elderly.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I used to live in the woods and I REALLY loved it! I just moved back to the county/countryside just outside of city limits. I think it's juuust right for me now, best of both worlds.

Reactions: AlexM, BlueWidow, stellabelle and 1 other person
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I live in the country, always have and suits me. I like the peace and quiet, constant noise and bustle does nothing for me.

Reactions: Farmmaa and Epsilon0
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I live in a neighborhood on the outskirts. It's more country out this way. I hate going into town and dealing with the traffic. Not much noise out here, especially when it snows. But sometimes the snow falls on your roof and it sounds like an intruder. There are sounds of traffic passing by on the highway but no honking horns. Sometimes you hear aircraft but it's not bad.
Overall I like it here but my fiancé and I would like to venture outward to somewhere else rural next fall.

F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I live out in the country, and it's one of the few things in my life that I really enjoy. I like going out for walks and sometimes listening to music while doing so.

Deleted member 13227

Deleted member 13227

Good night
Dec 21, 2019
Living in the country side sounds to quit for me and I hate living in big cities. A small town would be nice

AlexM

AlexM

To find the outer edge
Oct 31, 2019
It sounds attractive for me, though I have been living most of my live in a huge city. Sometimes I managed to live in the country and that really was cool.