squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Hi,

Edit i think i fucled up first bit i have had drinks lol,

I got to the woods and rigged it all up on auto pilot, then stood back to double check stuff before trying and got cold feet. I tried putting my head inbut it did not work

I took off the rope, sat for an hour on my phone thinking about it then just took it down...

I know this is shit advice but it's still advice, hanging is scary, easy to set up but looking at it and understanding you dropping into it is potentially going to a painful exit... getting the courage is tough.

I guess my advice is get more drunk (or smoke weed) to reduce your inhibitions further. I have had about 5 bottled beers and its probs hit me quite hard cause i had previously been sober for about a month but that's deffos not enough cause I still had that lack of courage.

I'm still in the woods, walking home now... I might not get another oppertunity. Like i said shit advice but deffinetly something to consider.

Hopefully this helps anyone

• Hugs
Reactions: R_N, Sannti and absolutelyyou
disgustingmale

disgustingmale

Jul 22, 2022
I tried to hang myself on a doorknob and couldn't handle the pain and discomfort. I wish I could commit to it.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Suicide really is way too unnecessarily difficult, I find it beyond cruel and dreadful how people cannot just easily leave this existence in peace. The hanging method would also scare me, it certainly makes it sound much more straightforward when I hear of people managing to succeed.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
One time I actually felt very pressed to ctb I tried many different things at once, and that only time I really did gain courage for full suspension my setup was weak and I felt down and did damage to my home with it. It ended with me cutting my wrist and stopping because I felt empathy towards my own body and felt sorry for myself. Explaining why I missed work was the worst part of that day and later my wrist and neck marks. I lied.

I could make a better setup for full suspension now but few times I did I never "kicked the bucket" and gave up because I was scared of brain damage ironically. Not only because I would survive and live like a plant but me doing damage to my brain and body felt bad to me.

It is like I wanted out but at the same time I dislike damaging my body.

You are not alone. I feel you.
And btw I took some xanax and it didn't help that day to push me.