Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
i can delay ctb til I have to pay them off if I can't find a job

Reactions: lv-gras
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
It depends where you are studying and the amount of funding you receive.

Reactions: Caustic Cardinals
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
^^ this AND how old you are, what your degree is (undergrad, grad, etc). If you're under...what is it 24 (at least in the us)? your parents' income is taken into account and you can't get say Pell Grants which you don't have to pay back if your parents make too much money (they just assume your parents will pay for everything. HA!) no Pell Grants for you! And Pell Grants are ONLY for undergrad.

I pretty much lived on my student loans, but I also needed credit cards to carry things over toward the end of the quarter.

Reactions: Maravillosa
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
I'm not sure how it works in the States but here in New Zealand you can get a Student Loan(interest free) which will pay your University or Polytechnic fees and on top of that you can get a Student Allowance while you study to help with living(you don't have to pay this back) and student living costs to help with rent etc (which you will have to pay back on top of your loan)
I managed fairly easily living off the allowance when I studied and I'm paying my student loan back through my work, it comes out of your pay check automatically when you earn a certain amount.

Reactions: lv-gras