kl44r

kl44r

Aug 15, 2023
Idk what the fuck happened honestly but im so angry/confused/sad.

I was texting my friend today, i was kinda suicidal and i guess he noticed. I told him that im in my hometown with family and that im not gonna do anything today since i dont want to do it in my house. I think he was concerned anyways and called the cops. They took me to the hospital and shit, did some tests and let me out, luckily the psychiatrist there was nice.

My parents dont know about my problems, they dont know im in therapy so they reacted the same way they did for the past 18 years - they blamed me, were angry, called me crazy and stuff. I saw the disappointment on their face.
Earlier that day, i was crying and was in bed all the time. When i came to diner i just broke down and started crying, i thought my parents will comfort me (idk why i thought that, they never did that to me). My mom just yelled at me, told me to not cry over some stupid boy and that i should focus on my studies and some other bullshit. What broke me the most is that she said "im gonna hit you, then you will have a reason to cry".

Tbh i feel worse than i did before all this happened. I want to ctb even more cause im just scared of living, scared of my parents. This situation made me feel even worse cause ill have to suffer much longer. I cant trust anyone at this point, im scared of talking to anyone. Its all so awful.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: kettzy, jessisme, byebyemadworld and 19 others
umjammertranner

umjammertranner

Not your friend
Mar 25, 2023
I'm sorry to hear that, it's so fucked up that whatever parents you get are the ones you're stuck with. I really hope you can cut them off soon or at least distance yourself from them because you deserve better <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ShanaRei, Lammpz, MyChoiceAlone and 2 others
Mxverick

Mxverick

Aug 12, 2023
Your parents cannot understand your suffering, so arguing with them would be pointless.

You should talk to a friend you really trust and who doesn't snitch.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nefer, Butterflycharm3636, whywere and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Your thread REALLY hit home to/for me. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's my "parents" were the same, if not worse, as your mom was to you.

My heart breaks for you, as those closed to oneself should make room in their hearts for those not only close but who need a hug.

Fully understand not only where you are coming from but where you are at. Being there, done that aspect.

NOW, with the previous said, you have me and others here as family and I know all to weel how hard it is but try as much as possible to block out the negative for now.

Is there any chance of you getting out on your own and maybe like move in with a friend or acquaintance?

I always wear my heart on my sleeve, and I want the very best for you always.

You are a loving spirit and never let anyone teel you differently.

Lots of HUGE hugs, love and kind, caring thoughts to you, my good friend.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: byebyemadworld, rationaltake, kl44r and 1 other person
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Angry react not at you, but at your friend/parents.

Unfortunately, people seem to think calling the cops for a welfare check is like a token of heroic concern or something.

Really, it's the bare minimum, and 99% of the time makes things worse.

Your parents' reaction is appalling, but sadly not uncommon.

It's actually insane how many people react to depressed/suicidal people with hostility rather than compassion, and then they wonder why we're on this site.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, kl44r and whywere
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Im so sorry that happened to you!! That is horrible! Ive had someone say that before too - Stop crying or ill give you something to really cry about. It's a terrible reaction that only makes the trauma 100x worse. So scary! He's obv not just some stupid boy, if you were that upset. Im sure all you wanted was comfort and safety and reassurance. I wish i could give you a hug you and make it all better. It's good that the hospital let you out, could have been worse. Your friend did what most people do, he reported you thinking it was "helping." Im sure he didnt realize it might make things feel even worse for you. I hope you can get some peace and rest tonight. And I hope things can calm down for all of you by tomorrow.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
kl44r

kl44r

Aug 15, 2023
Your thread REALLY hit home to/for me. Back in the late 1960's and early 1970's my "parents" were the same, if not worse, as your mom was to you.

My heart breaks for you, as those closed to oneself should make room in their hearts for those not only close but who need a hug.

Fully understand not only where you are coming from but where you are at. Being there, done that aspect.

NOW, with the previous said, you have me and others here as family and I know all to weel how hard it is but try as much as possible to block out the negative for now.

Is there any chance of you getting out on your own and maybe like move in with a friend or acquaintance?

I always wear my heart on my sleeve, and I want the very best for you always.

You are a loving spirit and never let anyone teel you differently.

Lots of HUGE hugs, love and kind, caring thoughts to you, my good friend.

Walter
I feel so bad for u, im sorry you had to go through this cause it must have been exhausting.

Im living on my own but rn i have a summer break and im in my hometown. But financially im dependent on my parents cause i dont work and my studies are hard. For that i am thankful but rn im scared theyre gonna like kick me out rn or cut me off financially.

Thank you for your kind words.
Angry react not at you, but at your friend/parents.

Unfortunately, people seem to think calling the cops for a welfare check is like a token of heroic concern or something.

Really, it's the bare minimum, and 99% of the time makes things worse.

Your parents' reaction is appalling, but sadly not uncommon.

It's actually insane how many people react to depressed/suicidal people with hostility rather than compassion, and then they wonder why we're on this site.
yea it fucking sucks and i agree with you.
I feel like what my "friend" did was even more selfish than me talking about suicide.
People for sure feel better cause theyre "helping", without realising how the other person will feel.

I know its just gonna make the process of my ctb longer. Im not gonna change my mind.
Im so sorry that happened to you!! That is horrible! Ive had someone say that before too - Stop crying or ill give you something to really cry about. It's a terrible reaction that only makes the trauma 100x worse. So scary! He's obv not just some stupid boy, if you were that upset. Im sure all you wanted was comfort and safety and reassurance. I wish i could give you a hug you and make it all better. It's good that the hospital let you out, could have been worse. Your friend did what most people do, he reported you thinking it was "helping." Im sure he didnt realize it might make things feel even worse for you. I hope you can get some peace and rest tonight. And I hope things can calm down for all of you by tomorrow.
Thank you for your kind words and understanding. I really appreciate that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Couldydays and whywere
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I guess you know who not to tell anymore, unless you want/need to make a cry out for help.

Reactions: kl44r
Pidgeons_Sparrows

Pidgeons_Sparrows

-flying rat
Apr 16, 2023
your parents sound like crazy abusive pieces of shit im not gonna lie

Reactions: Couldydays, ShanaRei and kl44r
B

bored2death

Aug 9, 2023
i'm so sorry that happened. i feel like there are few things that would hasten my ctb than one of those

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Reminds me exactly of my parents. F them they make our lives living hell

Reactions: Couldydays and kl44r
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Assuming it's your friend who reported you, Ik he felt he was doing what was "right", but it assuming ur not in an argument it might be right to set a boundary there. Istg getting 5150'd is literally a useless sensory deprivation chamber, where it really isn't going to help(and the reason they probably think it does is that everyone is so bored out of their minds they just lie to leave). Plus, unless you literally wrote a "goodbye" suicide note style message, you need to make it clear that under no circumstance regardless of whether or not you are anti-suicide, that shit is not acceptable. I don't have enough context, but assuming it was typical behavior, then he went way overboard in phoning the police.

Anyways, I'm sorry that your parents are also being an additional thorn. The reaction they gave you is inhumane. Idek why it seems so common for parents to just willfully ignore warning signs and assume their child is either just "growing up" or "being dramatic". I refuse to believe they don't have to social awareness to understand your in pain, and so by reinforcing and neglecting that pain they are effectively betraying you.

Once again, I'm really sorry for the events that transpired. Hoping it gets better and we are here for you if it doesn't. Hang on, even if for just a little longer.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really is so horrible what happened, it's disgusts me how some humans are so unnecessarily cruel and lack any compassion.

front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
It really sucks when they describe you as a psychopath because you just want to get out

Reactions: aticeret, kl44r and ShanaRei
aticeret

aticeret

Jan 23, 2023
Disgusting behavior. I'm sorry and I feel you. My mother has threatened me to lock me up in a psych ward until I die so she doesn't see my grave and once tried to coerce me into jumping "if that's what I really want", and I have never told her about my thoughts of suicide. Some people are absolutely inhumane.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: kl44r and whywere
kl44r

kl44r

Aug 15, 2023
Disgusting behavior. I'm sorry and I feel you. My mother has threatened me to lock me up in a psych ward until I die so she doesn't see my grave and once tried to coerce me into jumping "if that's what I really want", and I have never told her about my thoughts of suicide. Some people are absolutely inhumane.
jesus christ this is awful, im so sorry you had to experience this.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and aticeret
Suicidal Ideation

Suicidal Ideation

burn my body, celebrate the afterglow
Jul 21, 2023
had this same experience after failed ctb attempt. it really sucks and above all i just hope you can pull through this. best wishes.

• Aww..