Aliceinborderline

Aliceinborderline

May 13, 2023
I very recently started working again and I find it very difficult like its not to many days a week so far only 3 but its also cashier work and to even get this job i feel everyone over sold me and lied a bit but more so i find I am having back pains, mental health episodes going physical with extreme weakness and vomiting some days and this may sound stupid but EXTREME boredom i cant stand staying still for 6 hours doing nothing like yes i am scanning stuff by in my mind its not being stimulated by anything and it feels like legitament hell. Not only that it feels like working is takng over my life and i feel considerable stress before shifts. I know one thing that may help would be getting a chair or stool even but I dont know if its even appropriete to ask this and I cant lose this job and overal im not really sure what i should be doing

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins and Praestat_Mori
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I'm feeling this a bit at the moment also. I started work again after not working for ages about a year ago. I tried to take things slow and took a job that wasn't too stressful and no too many hours a week. Ever since then I have been trying to push myself a bit to do more and for the most part I have been managing.
However, very recently things have taken off, I've taken on extra work, been covering other shift. Just this last week I have felt completely overwhelmed and worried things are getting on top of me. I just worry about everything and getting everything done on time and being perfect. It's really hard to shut off when I am not at work. The stress is causing my back to hurt even though I know it's just they stress and nothing wrong with my back it still hurts. I've been thinking of wats to get out of stuff like telling people I can't do stuff and taking holiday but I really don't want to let people down and also what I am doing it less than most hard working people so I feel I should really be able to do this.

Have you thought about doing something to make each shift comfortable for you? If you think a chair would work then maybe ask for one, I know it's scary, I hate to ask it makes me feel I am not up to the job. Can you take a little mascot in with you like a little plushie or something you like and sit it on your counter. It might give you some comfort and also spark a friendly conversation with customers. I would defintely talk to people about your situation, like co workers or a manager if you are struggling.

It's something you need to get under control though otherwise you will worry about each shift, That feeling of being trapped in a situation you hate will start to cause you a lot of anxiety so you need to turn it into a situaton where you at least feel comfortable, like it's work so it doesn't need to be enjoyable but you shouldn't feel dread at doing it each time.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins and Praestat_Mori