• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

illicit

illicit

bloodsucker
Jun 3, 2024
Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I was wondering how some of you cope with anger / sadness.

I've been going through some pretty tough times and it's draining me emotionally. I'm not quite sure how to keep my emotions under control so I would like to hear what some of you do to deal with something like this.

Thank you for your time, it means a lot to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: AvwJ, lost_ange2211 and Praestat_Mori
lost_ange2211

lost_ange2211

An angel who wants to go home..
May 29, 2024
Hello and welcome,

there are different approaches for each individual but I will write down some things you can try out.

For anger or any other destructive emotion try to exercise, try to go for a sprint, something physical, do it until you feel the exhaustion kick in.
Another thing could be to go out somewhere isolated and scream or shout all that anger out. You could also just put on some loud music and sing or yell loud to it.

For sadness try to cry, if you can. Crying is a natural basic way to regulate emotions.

In general take time for your emotions and sometimes listen inside of you and give them space to be. I know it's hard sometimes but they also need their space from time to time. Pushing them away all the time won't work forever.

• Love
Reactions: illicit
illicit

illicit

bloodsucker
Jun 3, 2024
Hello and welcome,

there are different approaches for each individual but I will write down some things you can try out.

For anger or any other destructive emotion try to exercise, try to go for a sprint, something physical, do it until you feel the exhaustion kick in.
Another thing could be to go out somewhere isolated and scream or shout all that anger out. You could also just put on some loud music and sing or yell loud to it.

For sadness try to cry, if you can. Crying is a natural basic way to regulate emotions.

In general take time for your emotions and sometimes listen inside of you and give them space to be. I know it's hard sometimes but they also need their space from time to time. Pushing them away all the time won't work forever.
Thank you so much! Your time is appreciated. I will try these things out and update you on which one worked best for me.

Reactions: lost_ange2211