• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

mouse_0

Jul 29, 2021
Suicide is so often painted as a rash mistake that people make in the heat of a moment, but I've thought about it consistently for years, weighing pros and cons to make a decision that reflects whether growing old is something I want. I've been able to talk to my closest friends about it, and they understand why it's something I want to do. They've said they'll miss me, but they understand why I want to go. I haven't been able to do that with my parents and sibling, and that's the biggest holdup I have right now.
How can I talk with the people who brought me into the world about why I don't want to be here? Has anyone been able to share what they're going through with their families to prepare them? I know that there aren't many families who would be open to having the conversation at all because of the stigma and absurd laws that criminalize suicide, but if anyone has any advice about helping them understand it's not their fault, I'd really appreciate it...

Reactions: xBrialesana
S

Sebuet

Jul 9, 2021
You know your family and how to talk to them best. Try explaining why you think suicide is best for you and that they really shouldn't blame themselves. They'll prob be shocked and/or heartbroken but they'll be anyway if you decide to leave. Might as well give them some kind of explanation. Preparing them as best you can is all you can really do if you want to go through with ctb.

Personally I've just straight up told my fam why I think suicide is the best option I see (isolation, mental issues, bleak future) and that it won't be their fault, they gave it their best and that's more than I asked for.

Reactions: mouse_0
M

mouse_0

Jul 29, 2021
I think the part I struggle most with is helping them to understand it's not their fault. I can explain my reasons, but it's hard to do that in a way that doesn't make them blame themselves.