plough22

plough22

Living but not really, just surviving
May 1, 2020
I hope that my impulsive self will end it, I'll get sick of the slapping and cutting but until then can anyone advise me (know it suicide discussion)

I need some advice to stop slapping, controlling that cutting, it occurs when I am overcome with thoughts/emotions and usually in the bed, it's becoming a nightmare for me going to sleep and waking up.
The mornings are the toughest. I hate my life immeasurably, I hate it but too afraid to end it cause if I fail to then worst, need an impulsive moment as I have the rope tied, plans are in place and just need that push over. I hope it comes and I do it bloody right.
Dealing with the mornings and the deep dark thoughts are unreal, can't deal with forever so maybe it'll be my push over the edge.
What techniques advice can you offer someone who can't seem to stop due to emotional overload.... I know one way but not there yet. I hope that I do it right, that I find that one moment and then no more

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GarageKarate07

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
Try screaming into your pillow or squeezing it really tightly while rolling around on your bed. It may sound silly but it works. If this isn't enough and you need to unload some anger or an urge to do something more aggressive, try (sorry pillows and mattresses and bedsheets) hitting your mattress or put your pillow on your mattress and hit the pillow. You can also try having a imaginary fight with your thick duvets/blankets, you can kick them, squeeze them, jump on them, anything. Make sure to apologize before and after the act to let them know that it's nothing personal and you still love and appreciate them and say thank you for giving me the opportunity to unload my emotions. This is the best advice I can give. I'm sorry you're going through that, op. It really is best to unload emotions on non-sentient inanimate objects rather than sentient beings if we can't deal with our emotions internally. I would recommend "breathing away" or "breathing through" your emotions but that sometimes is not enough, I understand. Try not to destroy any items, by the way, that's why I recommend fighting your bed and pillows. No damage done, emotions released and you can do it again if you need to. Others might have different advice so take what works best for you. I wish you peace.

Also, once you've calmed down, op, I recommend journaling or writing out your thoughts and feelings, wether on paper or digitally. This might help you keep your mind organised and your feelings clear thus allowing you to deal with your emotions more efficiently and in a way that works best for you personally.

Also, I wanted to add, allow yourself to cry whenever you feel like crying. There's nothing wrong with it, it can actually be a great reliever and remedy.

Okay, that's all, I think. Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: plough22 and GarageKarate07
I

Its time its time

Student
Apr 7, 2019
Good thing is that you're able to identify your trigger points and periods. Some people are not even able to do that.

So it's mornings when emotions get high. Emotions Vs logic. You've got to control your emotions and let logic take over. So take 2 steps back, find a way to control your emotions. For some people, could be distracting themselves. For some, could be just sitting down and counting to 5 mins. Ect.

Don't make any decisions or actions whenever you're emotionally high.

Reactions: plough22