• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

sadpinky

Stargazer
Jun 10, 2021
can you all list a few consequences that would come to the site if I ctb and leave the site open for my loved ones to have easier access to my info?

• Informative
Reactions: waitingforrest
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
eeeeeeh dude why would you do that??? your loved ones will be devastated. and OF COURSE, they will blame SS for what you've done.
Listen, mate. Don't do that. This website is already being called «death cult». Just write anything you want, compile it into a pdf file and leave it open. Nobody here wants the police to shut SS down.

Reactions: Lily (Osako), Life interrupted, waitingforrest and 11 others
Upvote 3
S

sadpinky

Stargazer
Jun 10, 2021
eeeeeeh dude why would you do that??? your loved ones will be devastated. and OF COURSE, they will blame SS for what you've done
they'll have a timeline, after loosing my partner and finding ss I didn't feel devastated far beyond what I already was. it helped me find a community of people who understand me and find a peaceful exit.

now I don't doubt some will this ss had something to do with it but I can make it clear like others that ss played a key part in how long I stayed after she left.

without this site I don't think id be here today

• Love
Reactions: Noctis and Huntfish34
Upvote 0
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I think this site is well known for a while, there aren't gonna be consequences but it just brings attention, relatives blaming site. Moderators and people longer on here would know more.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako), NearlyIrrelevantCake and Huntfish34
Upvote 0
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
they'll have a timeline, after loosing my partner and finding ss I didn't feel devastated far beyond what I already was. it helped me find a community of people who understand me and find a peaceful exit.
sorry dude but do you really think your loved ones will be able to think clearly and build a timeline? they will see words «sanctioned SUICIDE» and… you guess the rest

Reactions: cyanol, Noctis, FogFilledLife and 4 others
Upvote 4
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
At best, your family will likely have a harder time grieving and experience more anger and guilt. At worst, you'll endanger others here by putting our community, our resources, and our ability to obtain peaceful means like N, SN, inert gasses, etc. at further risk.

It's not worth it. Leave a novel-length note if you need to but don't bring SS into it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Life interrupted, Chiisai and 8 others
Upvote 2
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@sadpinky How about you copy all of your posts to a word document, redact everyone else's info , and give them that document for closure. No reason to hurt this community.

You have under 200 posts, it shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

• Love
Reactions: cyanol, whatevs, _Minsk and 3 others
Upvote 3
S

sadpinky

Stargazer
Jun 10, 2021
thank you all for your input , I think ill go with three summers recommendation

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, cyanol, whatevs and 6 others
Upvote 0
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I think the worst potential consequence is that someone might write something insensitive or off-putting on your good-bye thread, and it would not be good for the people who love you to read that..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: waitingforrest and sadpinky
Upvote 1
NorseHel

NorseHel

Tinnitus Enjoyer
Mar 28, 2022
As others have said: this is a place of sanctuary for many people and leading people directly to it is just asking for trouble. I absolutely understand the need to explain to your loved ones, and if the time comes for me to ctb, I'd likely want them to hear many of the same things I've shared here, so I get it.

I think @threesummers ' suggestion is a good one, only thing I would add - if it wasn't already clear - is to leave out anything that would lead people directly here. Telling them a place for people like us exists is one thing, telling them how to find it is another.

• Love
Reactions: Chiisai, waitingforrest, sadpinky and 1 other person
Upvote 0
Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
I seriously doubt grieving loved ones are going to take the time to comb through your posts (especially on a website they're unfamiliar with) to analyze everything you've said to get an understanding of how you felt.

They'll see a goodbye thread, see everyone wishing them luck, and assume we're all trying to convince each other to kill ourselves. The moderators ban people who have successfully CTB for a reason.

You'll have much better luck just writing a suicide note. You can leave exactly as much or little behind as you want.

• Love
Reactions: sadpinky, houseofleaves and NorseHel
Upvote 1
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I seriously doubt grieving loved ones are going to take the time to comb through your posts (especially on a website they're unfamiliar with) to analyze everything you've said to get an understanding of how you felt.

As a left behind person, I will tell you that at least SOME grieving loved ones do do things like this. I can't speak as to motives... maybe seeking understanding of "why," closure, a way to be close to or know the person better (belatedly), who knows? I guess not all of them do this, but some absolutely DO.

They'll see a goodbye thread, see everyone wishing them luck, and assume we're all trying to convince each other to kill ourselves.

Yes. Also, there will likely be anger that no one tried to stop it. Even if the person in general does understand "why" it happened, and even if the person is pro-choice, when it is your loved one and it comes as a shock, there are feelings all over the place and "rational" thinking processes just aren't there.

You'll have much better luck just writing a suicide note. You can leave exactly as much or little behind as you want.

Or if a suicide note is not possible for some reason, the other option (of extracting "anonymized" copies of posts) is really good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Noctis and sadpinky
Upvote 0
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Or if a suicide note is not possible for some reason, the other option (of extracting "anonymized" copies of posts) is really good.
Actually, I'm not sure if it's an option, but I'm going to recommend something like this in the Suggestions thread.

• Love
Reactions: waitingforrest, houseofleaves and sadpinky
Upvote 0
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Actually, I'm not sure if it's an option, but I'm going to recommend something like this in the Suggestions thread.
And for now people can do it "by hand" via copy paste. For OP, I think it was a doable amount of work, especially if there is time to do a little bit at any one time and then come back to it.

Reactions: houseofleaves
Upvote 1
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
And for now people can do it "by hand" via copy paste. For OP, I think it was a doable amount of work, especially if there is time to do a little bit at any one time and then come back to it.
Yeah, but there's no reason you couldn't simply have some extract function. It may already be built into MyBB or phpBB (I think one of these is the SS forum software). Honestly, depending on how the data is stored, it would take me 5-10 mins to write a SQL or python script to pull every post someone made. Could easily be modified to pull any thread where a user was the OP too. Only minor challenge would be redacting all other user info, depending on how that's stored in the table (probably several formats).

Reactions: Cathy Ames and houseofleaves
Upvote 0
S

sadpinky

Stargazer
Jun 10, 2021
Yeah, but there's no reason you couldn't simply have some extract function. It may already be built into MyBB or phpBB (I think one of these is the SS forum software). Honestly, depending on how the data is stored, it would take me 5-10 mins to write a SQL or python script to pull every post someone made. Could easily be modified to pull any thread where a user was the OP too. Only minor challenge would be redacting all other user info, depending on how that's stored in the table (probably several formats).
May I pm you? Something you said stood out and I have a question?

Upvote 0
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I have all your posts in one document with dates and thread titles. Geez. I sound like a creep.

I hope it won't be triggering to read and edit out.

I can pm you it.

Upvote 0
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
I made a post about this last week. Everyone said don't do it. The thing that most convinced me was that loved ones could be exposed to a lot of things on here they don't really want to see or know. Suicide is so normalized for me, I forget it could be traumatic and devastating for someone to read a lot of how-to stuff on here.

That said it's not like the powers that be don't know about this site. Anybody can make an account or just lurk. There will always be intense fire against this site. Cops frequently confiscate your stuff after suicide to check where you've been on the internet too so if you haven't cleared your Browser history after your last visit to SS it may be found anyways. But I'm not worried about protecting the site as much as I'm worried about protecting my loved ones. Sorry to those that upsets, but the site will be fine. It's been through worse.

• Love
Reactions: sadpinky
Upvote 0