throwaway9901

throwaway9901

Sep 15, 2023
Hello, I've been off the site for a while but if you look at my earlier posts you'll see I was planning to CTB via belt hanging. I wanted to do the classic full hanging, but I don't have confidence in the doorway and belt holding my weight. (I weigh around 140 lbs)

I realized if I wrapped the belt around my neck and then looped the loose end of the belt around the doorknob and fastened it with several layers of packing/duct tape, It can support my weight enough to strangle me.

Of course, I would be lying face down with most of my body on the floor. My neck (and perhaps chest) would be suspended in air though.

I hear failed attempts about hanging and how it can result in permanent brain damage and such. What are the full consequences of these? Could I end up a total vegetable? If so, how likely is it?

Also, are there any tips and tricks to make passing out quicker and easier? While it isn't pleasant by any means, full on strangulation isn't as painful as I was expecting. How long do I have to put up with that pounding feeling in my head and awful taste in my mouth before by brain passes out and starts to actually die?

N3UR0T1C

N3UR0T1C

CTB by SN soon.
Jul 13, 2019
There's various potential effects of a failed hanging. You can cause hypoxic brain injury (which could cause a permanent vegetative state, as you described), paralyze yourself through spinal cord injury, and cause any range of permanent neck and vertebral injuries. I believe the answers to your last few questions are in the hanging megathread.

Reactions: throwaway9901
throwaway9901

throwaway9901

Sep 15, 2023
There's various potential effects of a failed hanging. You can cause hypoxic brain injury (which could cause a permanent vegetative state, as you described), paralyze yourself through spinal cord injury, and cause any range of permanent neck and vertebral injuries. I believe the answers to your last few questions are in the hanging megathread.
Good to know even if my worries are confirmed. I'll have to take a look at that megathread, thanks

Reactions: Daryl72