jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
It consciousness can't be perceived beyond death how can we comprehend nothingness when we ctb. We disappear.. so how can we even be aware of eternity and nothingness? If we were to ever be aware of our situation again then the machine would have to reboot. I don't know what I'm getting at but when you really think about doing yourself in.. this is what really bothers me.. almost scares me. Like a snake eating it's tail.. gives me a headache.. I long for something better beyond this life but I feel it's "brave new world" by Aldous Huxley everyday.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksp
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
When we die there is nothing to comprehend, as there is simply nothing after this. We no longer exist. We are not aware of anything. The idea of nothingness does not scare me, there is nothing to be scared of. The thought of becoming nothing gives me a lot of comfort.

• Love
Reactions: ProntoFim
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'd take a week long vacation with Soma from Brave New World, I tell you that.
When we die there is nothing to comprehend, as there is simply nothing after this. We no longer exist. We are not aware of anything. The idea of nothingness does not scare me, there is nothing to be scared of. The thought of becoming nothing gives me a lot of comfort.
What a shame that you will always be something.

Reactions: jimmy7754
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
Yes I would like to think that way also.. but the snake eating it's tail believes nothing can't be comprehended without a lens or a vessel.

I remember pacing in a donut around the hospital as my dad morphine'd out and not even being inside the room.. people from
his job gathered around him. I paced in circles and circles and circles..

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
If you require certainty to make a choice suicide is never an option as we can only project as to what it would be like to be dead.

Most people gamble in life. Some of the richest people around gambled on some thing to become popular long before they had any certainty it would; some of the poorest people too.

If they can take risks in life, I can take them in death.

Reactions: jimmy7754
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
The building just has to be on fire..

The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.