Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I've always had a hard time connecting with people. In years past it was a confusing and painful thing. People (family mostly) would point out my inabilities in life, and I had no answer as to what, or why. I just felt shame. In more recent years I have The Internet to thank for many things. It allowed me to somewhat participate, without having to have social skills. It also introduced me to concepts no one prior had shared with me that helped me to understand why I am the way I am. I had been made to feel ashamed, while unbeknownst to me there are lots of people out there with anxiety, social disorders, and fail in life due to things like them....and not just because of laziness, stupidity, or "You just want to." I learned what an introvert is. I was introduced to concepts that made things fall into place. Oddly, maybe even cruelly, learning that there are others out there like me, even ones with the same nerdy/geeky/dorky likes as me, has proven to be an added pain. When i meet people who I can tell are like me they are also not good at connecting. An example would be the guy I met locally through an Internet ad more than a year ago to buy a piece of computer hardware. We met, and talked for a few minutes about what I was going to use it for, and we parted. That was a couple of years ago. I ran into him last night, and told him the item he sold me was still going. I tried talking to him, and we both got uncomfortable, just as we had the first time we met. I can tell he's a lot like me. There are signs. I could tell he got uncomfortable, and wanted to end the the social engagement. Is than not a sign? Not being able to connect with "normal" people, and not being able to connect with those like you?

Reactions: Astral316
E

eSpJon

Oct 17, 2019
its called poor social skills or autism and when two individuals with it meet they dont know how to make the other comfortable since they lack those skills

but yeah its like a curse, feel alien among normal people and people like you alienate you

Reactions: Laststop