• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

K

KitKat456

May 18, 2019
Being able to compress the carotid artery successfully is like the golden grail in my book, because then you can use methods like night-night, partial suspension, etc. I've tried squeezing a rope really tight above and below my adam's apple, but all I get is unbearable pressure in the head. I could cope with that if I managed to pass out within 10 seconds, but that has never happened so far. Am I not putting enough pressure on my neck, or what is the problem? Thanks for any input.

Reactions: Hennessy
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Slightly above your adams apple and even just left or right to it. Take two of your fingers and feel for a pulse. That's basically all you need to do to locate it. You can tilt your head back to make it easier as well.

Last edited:
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Why not induce unconsciousness through hyperventilation + valsalva manouever while having rope tied around your neck? Simpler
I also cannot compress my arteries even though I can locate them perfectly

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
I can locate my neck pulses easily enough, but how do you diffentiate, by touch, whether it's a carotid artery or a jugular vein ?
And does it matter ?

alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
I can locate my neck pulses easily enough, but how do you diffentiate, by touch, whether it's a carotid artery or a jugular vein ?
And does it matter ?

Taken from wikipedia:

The JVP and carotid pulse can be differentiated several ways:
  • multiphasic – the JVP "beats" twice (in quick succession) in the cardiac cycle. In other words, there are two waves in the JVP for each contraction-relaxation cycle by the heart. The first beat represents that atrial contraction (termed a) and second beat represents venous filling of the right atrium against a closed tricuspid valve (termed v) and not the commonly mistaken 'ventricular contraction'. These wave forms may be altered by certain medical conditions; therefore, this is not always an accurate way to differentiate the JVP from the carotid pulse. The carotid artery only has one beat in the cardiac cycle.
  • non-palpable – the JVP cannot be palpated. If one feels a pulse in the neck, it is generally the common carotid artery.
  • occludable – the JVP can be stopped by occluding the internal jugular vein by lightly pressing against the neck. It will fill from above.
The likelihood is you're feeling the carotid artery.

Reactions: 262653