• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Hi so I am in UK and under the community mental health team, I am in regular contact with my team - therapist once a week currently over phone due to covid, and my care coordinator usually see him weekly but having fortnightly phone call although it's not any booked day or time.

Anyway I'm waiting for my SN to arrive but was wondering what happens regarding mental health team if you do not attend appointment, answer phone and not answer the door to them? At what stage would they request a welfare check from police?

I live alone with my dog but just wondering timewise how long before they do welfare check cause I don't want to be laying dead for days before found.

got2beFionaC

got2beFionaC

i am nobody. who are you? are you nobody, too?
Jul 1, 2020
if you're currently under a community mental health team for regular check ins, i would say the first failed attempt to contact you would raise the flags.

Reactions: InaccessibleHour and autumnal
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
My experience of CMHT is that if they show up for an appointment at your house and you're not in, they will generally just got back to the office and try to contact you on the phone over the next few days. They won't show up and call the police immediately. Just wouldn't happen.

I'm not sure what area you're in but in the Avon area where I am the CMHT are a joke and their workload is so huge if you don't or they don't show for an appointment the minute they leave it will be logged but they will be onto the next person. You'll then get a letter in the post giving you 7 days to respond otherwise they will refer you back to your GP. It's a sad state of affairs really.

Reactions: elfgyoza, Brink and sarahlouise
T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Ok, I just know that I'm under the complex needs community mental health team. They know I don't miss appointments.

I'm in Yorkshire

sarahlouise

sarahlouise

Jul 24, 2020
My experience of CMHT is that if they show up for an appointment at your house and you're not in, they will generally just got back to the office and try to contact you on the phone over the next few days. They won't show up and call the police immediately. Just wouldn't happen.

I'm not sure what area you're in but in the Avon area where I am the CMHT are a joke and their workload is so huge if you don't or they don't show for an appointment the minute they leave it will be logged but they will be onto the next person. You'll then get a letter in the post giving you 7 days to respond otherwise they will refer you back to your GP. It's a sad state of affairs really.
I live in Avon area and totally agree they are an absolute joke

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Have you disclosed any suical ideas to the team? I would imagine they will have done a risk assesment

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Ok, I just know that I'm under the complex needs community mental health team. They know I don't miss appointments.

I'm in Yorkshire
I was complex needs too. Didn't stop them sending me back to my GP and closing my file after I took longer than 7 days to get back to them. I know you think you might be 'special' or 'the most complex' case they have but trust me, it doesn't work like that. You're just a number to them really even though they sound like they care.

Reactions: sufferingalways
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm not from the UK, but from the US. As far as I know, I believe it depends on the doctor and case worker. I'd say if you go without contact for more than a day or so, then yes, they may contact authorities for a welfare check (or even neighbors, families, or acquaintances). While I never been subject to a mental health order nor outpatient treatment or programs, I am only going with common knowledge here, so I may/not be correct. Either way, based on what you've described, I would say it's not a good idea to just "ignore" them, especially if they have put you with a mental health team who is monitoring your progress and treatment.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
Have you disclosed any suical ideas to the team? I would imagine they will have done a risk assesment
Yeah I have previously, just not recently.
I was complex needs too. Didn't stop them sending me back to my GP and closing my file after I took longer than 7 days to get back to them. I know you think you might be 'special' or 'the most complex' case they have but trust me, it doesn't work like that. You're just a number to them really even though they sound like they care.
Oh trust me I don't think I'm the most complex or special case they have. I know that there's various people on there caseload for each individual staff member. I only meant it's a team for some people who have complex needs.
Well my care coordinator has gone out of his way for me in the past, but I know I'm just a number on his caseload.

Last edited:
Reactions: sufferingalways
Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
In my experience they will just ring a few times, then send a letter then refer you back to gp.

T

TJuk

Student
Feb 8, 2020
They did a welfare check by sending two staff from community mental health team to my house to see if I was in, or see if they could see into bungalow