• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
I need to research the night night/blood choke/carotid artery method a lot more, but I could use some advice from someone who actually knows how it works. From my understanding it just involves putting bags over those arteries on the back of your neck and then using gorilla tape to keep it tight until you pass out. Overall it sounds like a relatively peaceful way to go but I have some serious doubts about the lethality and potential things going wrong.

My current plan is full hanging with at least a four foot drop. Obviously the intention is to instantly break my neck and spare myself the SI panic and a painful death by asphyxiation, but as a preemptive measure I'm wondering if I should try to make myself pass out right before dropping so I wouldn't feel it either way. The hyperventilating method doesn't seem super reliable and I was wondering if I could just get the hanging stuff set up, position myself at the top, and then tape the bags to the back of my carotid arteries. Pass out, fall off, the rope takes care of the rest.

I remember the megathread said something about lying down while doing the night night method, though, so maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding. Please give me some pointers if you have any lol

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
You are definitely not going to kill yourself with a 4 foot drop. It needs to be 8 to 10 depending how much you weigh

february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
You are definitely not going to kill yourself with a 4 foot drop. It needs to be 8 to 10 depending how much you weigh

Maybe I'm measuring it wrong. Does the 8-10' start from the height of your head when you're standing on the ledge or does it start from the ledge itself? I'm 5'7" and I assumed that would be included (a total of 9ish feet). Unless I'm misunderstanding you. Either way that's helpful to keep in mind, I'll have to look for a taller spot

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Maybe I'm measuring it wrong. Does the 8-10' start from the height of your head when you're standing on the ledge or does it start from the ledge itself? I'm 5'7" and I assumed that would be included (a total of 9ish feet). Unless I'm misunderstanding you. Either way that's helpful to keep in mind, I'll have to look for a taller spot
OK in that case it's enough. I'm not sure how you would pull off night night simultaneously though. Seems like you need to be conscious to do drop hanging properly

Reactions: february in alaska
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
OK in that case it's enough. I'm not sure how you would pull off night night simultaneously though. Seems like you need to be conscious to do drop hanging properly

Yeah I haven't done enough research on the night night method to know exactly how I need to be positioned for it to work. But I'm thinking if I get the drop hanging all set up, noose all tied and ready to go, it won't really matter if I fall from jumping or if I fall from passing out, so long as I'm positioned to fall when I pass out. I'd really rather already be unconscious when my body drops in case my neck doesn't break.

And if luck is actually on my side, the night night method would end up killing me anyway. Maybe that's overkill, but I'd be unconscious and it's a safety net in case I fuck up either method.

M

mehdone

Mortician
Oct 10, 2023
A four foot drop is unlikely to break your neck. That ideal 10+ feet would be from where your feet are prior to the drop, to how far down your feet are at the end of the rope.

Reactions: february in alaska