D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
I've lurked here for a while and done a fair bit of research. Forgive me if I've missed something obvious. I thought things might get better but they actually got worse. So now to protect my family and friends the best thing I can do it CTB. They'll be financially better off without me anyway and if I'm as awful as people say then the world will be better off without me anyway. Not to mention I'll have nothing left to live for once all that is transpiring has finished.
Enough of the waffle from me.

I thought I had my method. Inert gas either He/N and set everything up in the car, drive to a remote location and flip the switch. However I'm not sure that my life insurance would pay out if if was obvious. Plus getting hold of decent grade He is an issue, the local chaps that sell N know me and would likely check why I was buying it.
I'd like it to look fairly peaceful, I don't want to traumatise anyone who finds me any more than I can help I also don't want things to look to awful if family are asked to ID me. I'm also a bit of a coward when it comes to pain.

So I thought ok, people are used to me going off outdoors or staying overnight why not CO method. There seems to be so much variability in results though, but this in a car or a tent would probably look more accidental and maybe then people would think I was just stupid instead of the stupidity or selfish comments I've had when I've mentioned CTB in passing before.

There's so many resources all with different views that it gets so confusing. The time is nearing when I will have no choice at all and I'd rather not have to hang myself. I have friends and family who have done this but it has left deep scars on those who found them.
I also don't want to risk ending up failing and being a vegetable.

Would CO or inert gas be the most reliable method? Or would there be something better still. I've read some horror stories about ODs and SN so they don't really appeal

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Welcome to the forum. Whether your life insurance covers suicide or not is sth you can check only on your own. To make a suicide look like an accident is almost impossible Only you can do your research by yourself bc in the in the end it's your personal decision.

Here's how inert gas/N2 works and a CO with charcoal guide for informational purposes:

Last edited:
Reactions: dimgobaith
EternalSummer

EternalSummer

Experienced
Nov 13, 2020
If you have access to N2 that should be you method, it's way safer, and if it fails you wont have long term problems as with CO method.

Reactions: dimgobaith