• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
So, as I'm working on getting some of my shit in order before I go, I'm also working on coming up with my final plan to ctb. I guess I'm multitasking. Through the countless hours I've spent researching and reading other's postings here on SS, I have eliminated many methods such as using a firearm, jumping from heights, throwing myself in front of, or under, trains or other moving vehicles, partial hanging, slitting my throat or wrists, most poisons, electrocution, and drowning. There are probably some more methods that I would never use. I'm not liking the SN method, either, at this point. Basically, I'm searching for the most peaceful method I can find, whose components are relatively easy to obtain, and that has the highest success rate. Absent getting any N, I think I have settled on CO poisoning. Actually, CTB-ing myself with CO was my choice before I even joined SS, but I was going to do it with car exhaust from an old car I have been holding onto for a number of years for just that purpose. And I still believe it would work. However, reading through a bunch of posts on the subject from people who successfully ctb with CO, I have determined that using charcoal is probably a better method for doing so.

After reading Zanexx's final thread and all the trouble he/she/they had with their tents, I decided I want an alternative to using a tent. This desire to have an alternative is based on what I am going to do shortly before I ctb. I need to be successful the FIRST time I attempt ctb. The reason for this is because I am going to be sending out some "letters" in the mail the same day I ctb, which will be either on a Saturday night, or the immediate Sunday that follows. The reason for that is there is no mail pickup either of those days, and it provides a bit of a "cushion" regarding time, just in case something goes wrong, but only in regards to actually "getting to it", but not in regards to "not getting to it at all". There is no cushion for not getting to it at all. That would be a disaster once the letters go out. Once my letters are in the mail, they are on their way to their intended recipients. There is no turning back then. And believe me that I understand that this really complicates things, in so much as it makes it a lot harder to back out at the last minute. I understand that. I think I have explained myself in other posts I've made and I am highly confident that I will not be backing out. So, again, I MUST succeed with my FIRST attempt. IT IS IMPORTANT. I cannot emphasize that enough. Because I am alone and have no one, I am going to be sending a short "note" to my local police department explaining to them what I have done, where I live, precautions they will need to take, etc. I need to do that because, if I didn't, it may be weeks before I am found, maybe when my mail starts overflowing from the mailbox. It shouldn't matter, but it does, ya know? And there are a couple other short letters I will be sending to some other "distant" family members explaining my decision a bit. You can see why I have to be absolutely sure that I don't fail. Now, before I, actually, go through with my CO method, I will acquire everything I need, including an appropriate CO meter that measures high enough CO concentrations, to measure the amount of CO that I have produced in the "space" that I choose. I will experiment with this numerous times over the next many months until I am confident that my method will succeed. Shortly, before I ctb, I will be destroying my hard drives on my computers and disposing of them to eliminate electronic records, and I will have a Goodbye Thread prepared on SS that will have a delayed posting for some amount of time after I have already carried out my plan of ctb.

This post, though, is really regarding the "space" in which I will succumb to the CO gas. By "space", I don't mean my house. I mean the container in which I will be with the CO gas. I would like a tent alternative. Yes, I want to use a container, and not use a room in my house. And no, I don't want to use a coffin, not that it's big enough for me and a few buckets of coal, anyway. Since I live alone, and am completely alone in every regard, I could do anything I wanted to do regarding ctb in my house. There is absolutely zero chance of anything I do being thwarted. A just big enough container for me to be in comfortably creates more likelihood of having a successful outcome, than trying to fill even a small room in my house with CO.

So, what else can be used instead of a tent? If I build a box out of plywood, the size of a tent, will that work if I seal the joints with some sealant? Is plywood impervious to CO gas escaping? And if I bring the hot coals into the plywood enclosure, is it safe from fire? I don't want to burn alive. That's another method I would never choose. Any enclosure I come up with to use will be placed in my garage on a concrete floor. Any other thoughts for containers that would be appropriate? Remember, I have to be able to get the container to my house. I can get plywood sheets to my house, easily. Maybe, a homemade plastic-sheeting tent? Also, please feel free to critique anything about my plan that may present an issue(s) that I haven't yet contemplated.

Last edited:
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
Plywood is a porous wood that will let water permeate it, so I'd guess that a gas would also be able to get through it. A sealant, like Kilz, might take care of the issue. Or you could line the inside with any sort of plastic sheeting.

To ensure that it isn't a fire hazzard, I'd suggest something fireproof to set the charcoal holder in and definitely don't bring it inside until the fire is out and the smoke gone. Then, as long as it is in something that won't tip over - or get knocked over - there is probably a slim chance of fire.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Plywood is a porous wood that will let water permeate it, so I'd guess that a gas would also be able to get through it. A sealant, like Kilz, might take care of the issue. Or you could line the inside with any sort of plastic sheeting.

To ensure that it isn't a fire hazzard, I'd suggest something fireproof to set the charcoal holder in and definitely don't bring it inside until the fire is out and the smoke gone. Then, as long as it is in something that won't tip over - or get knocked over - there is probably a slim chance of fire.
Yes, this is what has me questioning the use of plywood, any wood really, to build some type of enclosure. I know that CO molecules are smaller than H2O molecules, but I am still having trouble finding any meaningful analysis indicating whether the spacing between the cells in wood is small enough so that CO cannot pass between them. I mean, who normally worries about whether CO can penetrate into (or out of) a wooden box? LoL The only reason I'm looking at using wood is because it is something I can easily get home and build into what I need. I don't know what else to use. Even if it does leak out through the wood over time, it may not make a difference, if I can produce enough CO at a fast enough rate. And as you stated, I'm looking into some type of sealant that will help contain, or slow down, the CO exodus. I might end using a tent after all, but it will have to be one that doesn't need any support lines to help keep it erect, since, as I said, I plan on doing this in my garage with the tent on the concrete floor. I really would like to do this somewhere other than my house, mostly so neighbors aren't able to gawk while they remove me, but I don't see how that will be possible.

From my reading on SS of other people's experiences with CO, I do plan on placing the bucket(s) of charcoal into/onto something fireproof and ensure that it can't be tipped over, perhaps building some type of brick enclosure partially around it.

Thanks for providing some insights.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
So, as I'm working on getting some of my shit in order before I go, I'm also working on coming up with my final plan to ctb. I guess I'm multitasking. Through the countless hours I've spent researching and reading other's postings here on SS, I have eliminated many methods such as using a firearm, jumping from heights, throwing myself in front of, or under, trains or other moving vehicles, partial hanging, slitting my throat or wrists, most poisons, electrocution, and drowning. There are probably some more methods that I would never use. I'm not liking the SN method, either, at this point. Basically, I'm searching for the most peaceful method I can find, whose components are relatively easy to obtain, and that has the highest success rate. Absent getting any N, I think I have settled on CO poisoning. Actually, CTB-ing myself with CO was my choice before I even joined SS, but I was going to do it with car exhaust from an old car I have been holding onto for a number of years for just that purpose. And I still believe it would work. However, reading through a bunch of posts on the subject from people who successfully ctb with CO, I have determined that using charcoal is probably a better method for doing so.

After reading Zanexx's final thread and all the trouble he/she/they had with their tents, I decided I want an alternative to using a tent. This desire to have an alternative is based on what I am going to do shortly before I ctb. I need to be successful the FIRST time I attempt ctb. The reason for this is because I am going to be sending out some "letters" in the mail the same day I ctb, which will be either on a Saturday night, or the immediate Sunday that follows. The reason for that is there is no mail pickup either of those days, and it provides a bit of a "cushion" regarding time, just in case something goes wrong, but only in regards to actually "getting to it", but not in regards to "not getting to it at all". There is no cushion for not getting to it at all. That would be a disaster once the letters go out. Once my letters are in the mail, they are on their way to their intended recipients. There is no turning back then. And believe me that I understand that this really complicates things, in so much as it makes it a lot harder to back out at the last minute. I understand that. I think I have explained myself in other posts I've made and I am highly confident that I will not be backing out. So, again, I MUST succeed with my FIRST attempt. IT IS IMPORTANT. I cannot emphasize that enough. Because I am alone and have no one, I am going to be sending a short "note" to my local police department explaining to them what I have done, where I live, precautions they will need to take, etc. I need to do that because, if I didn't, it may be weeks before I am found, maybe when my mail starts overflowing from the mailbox. It shouldn't matter, but it does, ya know? And there are a couple other short letters I will be sending to some other "distant" family members explaining my decision a bit. You can see why I have to be absolutely sure that I don't fail. Now, before I, actually, go through with my CO method, I will acquire everything I need, including an appropriate CO meter that measures high enough CO concentrations, to measure the amount of CO that I have produced in the "space" that I choose. I will experiment with this numerous times over the next many months until I am confident that my method will succeed. Shortly, before I ctb, I will be destroying my hard drives on my computers and disposing of them to eliminate electronic records, and I will have a Goodbye Thread prepared on SS that will have a delayed posting for some amount of time after I have already carried out my plan of ctb.

This post, though, is really regarding the "space" in which I will succumb to the CO gas. By "space", I don't mean my house. I mean the container in which I will be with the CO gas. I would like a tent alternative. Yes, I want to use a container, and not use a room in my house. And no, I don't want to use a coffin, not that it's big enough for me and a few buckets of coal, anyway. Since I live alone, and am completely alone in every regard, I could do anything I wanted to do regarding ctb in my house. There is absolutely zero chance of anything I do being thwarted. A just big enough container for me to be in comfortably creates more likelihood of having a successful outcome, than trying to fill even a small room in my house with CO.

So, what else can be used instead of a tent? If I build a box out of plywood, the size of a tent, will that work if I seal the joints with some sealant? Is plywood impervious to CO gas escaping? And if I bring the hot coals into the plywood enclosure, is it safe from fire? I don't want to burn alive. That's another method I would never choose. Any enclosure I come up with to use will be placed in my garage on a concrete floor. Any other thoughts for containers that would be appropriate? Remember, I have to be able to get the container to my house. I can get plywood sheets to my house, easily. Maybe, a homemade plastic-sheeting tent? Also, please feel free to critique anything about my plan that may present an issue(s) that I haven't yet contemplated.
This post is illuminating. I agree with all the methods you have disposed of in my research and always leant to the CO method, desiring painless and peaceful. My problem is I am disabled with no transportation. Also, family lives in my house, but, believe me, I am as alone also. I could probably not be discovered by anyone for at least 3 days. My room is a large refinished 2 car garage and I had been thinking of putting a small tent right in the room but had certain converns: the floor carpeting catching fire and precautions if found. But, though alone, I still don't want to traumatize or injure anyone who finds me. There is a small walk in closet, but shelves all over: I'm not sure since it is so small that the shelves would not catch fire. I feel really stuck as I think and write this. When you mentioned a container, I thought of a small shed. I don't know if you could build it, whether is would be better if wood or aluminum, or if you have the property to put it. You have thought out your process and precautions very logically., can you make any suggestions to help me? I was thinking of a taxi to a motel room in a bathroom? Everything seems so difficult and unnatainable to me. Thanks for your thoughtful information. I've got to go, or I will end up anyway a too slowly dying vegetable.

• Hugs
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This post is illuminating. I agree with all the methods you have disposed of in my research and always leant to the CO method, desiring painless and peaceful. My problem is I am disabled with no transportation. Also, family lives in my house, but, believe me, I am as alone also. I could probably not be discovered by anyone for at least 3 days. My room is a large refinished 2 car garage and I had been thinking of putting a small tent right in the room but had certain converns: the floor carpeting catching fire and precautions if found. But, though alone, I still don't want to traumatize or injure anyone who finds me. There is a small walk in closet, but shelves all over: I'm not sure since it is so small that the shelves would not catch fire. I feel really stuck as I think and write this. When you mentioned a container, I thought of a small shed. I don't know if you could build it, whether is would be better if wood or aluminum, or if you have the property to put it. You have thought out your process and precautions very logically., can you make any suggestions to help me? I was thinking of a taxi to a motel room in a bathroom? Everything seems so difficult and unnatainable to me. Thanks for your thoughtful information. I've got to go, or I will end up anyway a too slowly dying vegetable.
To be honest, well, I'm leaning towards a small tent now. Why? Because it's a hell of a lot easier than building an enclosure. You just buy it and it's done. And they're cheap. I was even looking at used tents on Craigslist for $20. I'm still in the process of getting some of my affairs in order, and one thing I'm working on is getting rid of a car I have in my garage, which will be accomplished. That will open up a bay to erect the tent right on the concrete floor. I can seal the seams and maybe even line the inside with some plastic sheeting or something to help contain the CO. I don't think there's anything wrong with a tent. It's really no mystery that the smaller the enclosure, the more likelihood of success. I'm still going to buy a good CO meter and conduct a few dry runs and make sure I can get the CO concentration up where I need it (above 10000 PPM). That kind of concentration will produce death in mere minutes, with limited suffering, if any. Concentrations around 12600 PPM results in death in 1 to 3 minutes. Not too bad, really, and pretty much right in line with taking N, maybe even faster, although more work.

If you go with a bathroom in a motel, you're drawing others into the mix (not that you wouldn't be doing that in your garage, also), so you MUST provide signage warning others of the CO danger.

I see no way not to traumatize others, if the others are people who love you. Can you do it in a way that keeps your loved ones from being the ones to find your body? Obviously, the answer to that is yes, if you do it somewhere other than your garage. They'll still be traumatized, though. The other thing about a bathroom in a motel is that the CO may travel into adjoining rooms and poison the occupants there. I'm not sure you could do a good enough job sealing everything in the bathroom to keep that from happening. I don't know. Maybe? I'll be telling the police in the letter I send them that I'm using CO to ctb and that they need to use caution when entering my garage. Hopefully, by the time they get my letter a few days after sending it, the CO will have subsided, or will have been completely eliminated through air circulation in the garage. Lots of things to think about, huh?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
The garage is my bedroom, why I mentioned fear of fire around carpeting. The other occupants are my adult children, to which I have given refuge, But, I did mean in the psyche sense that I am alone and disabled. I should have done this sooner, looked for a partner for a long time, but I am almost the lone senior on the PM, and I was trying to see my family more stabalized, so I waited foolishly. You seem to have resources and time. I don't. All I have is used up by my expenses of this house, avoiding homelessness for us all. I may have to do something desperate, like a razor, Though drugs are all over, I know no one, and am not healthy enough to go looking for drugs or a gun which I cannot afford. A gun elsewhere would be quickest. Every single day I am shocked and dismayed to find myself here again. i'M SORRY TO COMPLAIN, I'm just so frustrated, and, of course, I can't speak of this to anyone. I admire your seeming sense of calm and ability to plan, test and achieve your goals, for whatever reason, and I wish you the very best. I'm sorry that your life too, has come to this point but you seem very directed and capable. If you have any other advice I would appreciate it, as I do your rapid response. Best wishes and thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: NobodyKnowsMe and Cathy Ames