• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
I'm feeling like jumping is my best choice due to circumstances I won't go into. Local bridges aren't very high, they do have many suicides but some survival stories. I can't travel far. I was pretty set on a bridge but the more I researched it and asked questions here, the more I'm worried about the risk of failing with life changing injuries.
However, local cliffs seem to have more success. The one I have in mind is 100ft which I know isn't a guarantee but it's fairly high chances and found lots of reports of fatal falls there. Unfortunately that's the highest I could find near me. At low tide you'd land on sand/rocks, obviously sand lowers chances but I could aim to hit my head on rocks, but I know that's huge risk of missing and just being injured on sand. At high tide, there will crashing waves and rocks. I know 100ft in water isn't 100% fatal but with the rocks and waves it's likely I'd drown before anyone could attempt rescue.

I've been getting desperate for a while but been trying not to let me push it into an impulsive ill thought out attempt. I'm absolutely sure I want to ctb but have failed attempts in the past due to unreliable methods. So need to think this through carefully.

Is this method too risky do you think or worth a shot ? (TL:DR cliff jump at 100ft but waves and rocks at bottom)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 90starve, acerace, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
LostCauseLooknToCTB

LostCauseLooknToCTB

YoungLostHoplessandAlone
Apr 6, 2023
I'm feeling like jumping is my best choice due to circumstances I won't go into. Local bridges aren't very high, they do have many suicides but some survival stories. I can't travel far. I was pretty set on a bridge but the more I researched it and asked questions here, the more I'm worried about the risk of failing with life changing injuries.
However, local cliffs seem to have more success. The one I have in mind is 100ft which I know isn't a guarantee but it's fairly high chances and found lots of reports of fatal falls there. Unfortunately that's the highest I could find near me. At low tide you'd land on sand/rocks, obviously sand lowers chances but I could aim to hit my head on rocks, but I know that's huge risk of missing and just being injured on sand. At high tide, there will crashing waves and rocks. I know 100ft in water isn't 100% fatal but with the rocks and waves it's likely I'd drown before anyone could attempt rescue. The next chance I have to do it would likely be at high tide.
I've been getting desperate for a while but been trying not to let me push it into an impulsive ill thought out attempt. I'm absolutely sure I want to ctb but have failed attempts in the past due to unreliable methods. So need to think this through carefully.

Is this method too risky do you think or worth a shot ? (TL:DR cliff jump at 100ft but waves and rocks at bottom)
I Think it is worth a shot just find a spot where the rocks are most jagged and fly to your freedom

• Love
Reactions: timetodie24
N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
You have to make your own decision but if it were me I'd want as close to 100% success with jumping. If it goes wrong it's REALLY going to go wrong. I hope this doesn't come across as fear mongering but a failed jump seems like the worst possible outcome in terms of what life will be like after a failed suicide attempt. I'm worried enough about Beachy Head (my backup plan) not being high enough and that's 500ft.

Reactions: 90starve and LostCauseLooknToCTB
T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
You have to make your own decision but if it were me I'd want as close to 100% success with jumping. If it goes wrong it's REALLY going to go wrong. I hope this doesn't come across as fear mongering but a failed jump seems like the worst possible outcome in terms of what life will be like after a failed suicide attempt. I'm worried enough about Beachy Head (my backup plan) not being high enough and that's 500ft.
wish there were cliffs that high near me although I imagine at that height SI is even harder to overcome.

Reactions: 90starve and NoHorizon
BurntMilk

BurntMilk

Jun 28, 2023
If you are feeling wary about the cliffs is there any way you could travel to a nearby city or something and jump of a high building into moving traffic?

N

NoHorizon

Experienced
Nov 22, 2022
If you are feeling wary about the cliffs is there any way you could travel to a nearby city or something and jump of a high building into moving traffic?
Huge ethical implications with that - if you jump into moving traffic you are almost certainly going to kill at least one other person.

Reactions: 90starve
T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
Huge ethical implications with that - if you jump into moving traffic you are almost certainly going to kill at least one other person.
yeah I agree, I couldn't put other people at risk. Could cause a huge car pile up and multiple deaths as people panic and brake. Have also heard of where people landed on cars and survived but it killed the driver.

. It's not feasible where I live regardless as local city centres are pretty pedestrianised and not many tall buildings.

Reactions: 90starve and NoHorizon
BurntMilk

BurntMilk

Jun 28, 2023
Hmmm good point I didn't think of that. Perhaps a parking lot or green area below the building?

T

timetodie24

Wizard
Apr 14, 2023
Hmmm good point I didn't think of that. Perhaps a parking lot or green area below the building?
Tbf I hadn't really give buildings much thought. There's not many tall buildings where i live. There are some office and apartment blocks in the nearby cities but not sure how i'd access them or if somewhere to jump from. I'd considered multistorey car parks but i don't think there's any with enough floors (as i'd be looking for 10+). People have died jumping from car parks in the city centre but it's not a guaranteed height.

Thanks for suggestions though. I will do some research to see if there's any buildings i'm not thinking about.

Reactions: 90starve
BurntMilk

BurntMilk

Jun 28, 2023
Tbf I hadn't really give buildings much thought. There's not many tall buildings where i live. There are some office and apartment blocks in the nearby cities but not sure how i'd access them or if somewhere to jump from. I'd considered multistorey car parks but i don't think there's any with enough floors (as i'd be looking for 10+). People have died jumping from car parks in the city centre but it's not a guaranteed height.

Thanks for suggestions though. I will do some research to see if there's any buildings i'm not thinking about.
I'm in the same boat friend. I wish you luck and hope you may feel happier.