Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Christmas. I can't stand it. I can't stand the excitement around it, the so called 'christmas spirit', hanging up stockings, decorating trees, spending money on people who don't acknowledge you for the other 364 days of the year. I get the part about celebrating the birth of Jesus, but christmas in general, I don't get why it has to be such a big deal. Christmas is supposed to be a 'happy' time, but for some people it is just pure misery and suffering (i.e. the homeless, the mentally ill, people with no family or friends, people grieving the loss of a loved one). You could say the same thing about anything, really. Sorry if I offended anyone, but christmas, ugh.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mediocre, Circles, Moonicide and 6 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I agree with you. It just makes me think back to when I was a kid and it actually was a happy time and it's painful to think of that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Kassender, Astral316 and 2 others
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I agree with you. It just makes me think back to when I was a kid and it actually was a happy time and it's painful to think of that.
I understand that. I stopped caring about Christmas when I was around age 12. Step parents came into the game and nothing felt the same as it used to. On xmas my brother and I would have to go to our step-mothers relatives house and everyone knew each other and my brother and I would just sit inside until it was time to leave :meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I stopped caring when I realized it doesn't make me happy anymore and it should have. Then I've realized how bloody commercialized it all is and how now it's just focused on mass consumption.
This might be a bit over the top, but what did it for me were cringy Christmas movies where the villain is only bad because...*gasp* ThEy HaTe cHrIsTmAs!!1 WhErE iS tHeIr ChRiStMaS sPiRiT?? type of annoying bs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kassender, Circles, Null84 and 4 others
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I stopped caring when I realized it doesn't make me happy anymore and it should have. Then I've realized how bloody commercialized it all is and how now it's just focused on mass consumption.
This might be a bit over the top, but what did it for me were cringy Christmas movies where the villain is only bad because...*gasp* ThEy HaTe cHrIsTmAs!!1 WhErE iS tHeIr ChRiStMaS sPiRiT?? type of annoying bs.
Omg! Not those shabby old christmas movies lol..... gotta love the christmas specials on the TV each year :meh:

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and TearyEyedQueen
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
The worst: Romantic Christmas movies everywhere, no way around it. I swear just seeing the covers makes me want to throw up. So for the next 10 days I have to make sure I took anti emetics before turning on the TV. Just for you all. Lots of Christmas love :heart:

MV5BN2NmYzdjMTgtYWE0Mi00YjRkLTgxZTEtNzUzNzgyZjI0Y2UxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI4Mzg5OTg V1 Index5 Images3 Images4 Images7

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Worthless_nobody, burnedCookie and 2 others
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
The worst: Romantic Christmas movies everywhere, no way around it. I swear just seeing the covers makes me want to throw up. So for the next 10 days I have to make sure I took anti emetics before turning on the TV. Just for you all. Lots of Christmas love :heart:

View attachment 21383 View attachment 21384 View attachment 21385 View attachment 21386 View attachment 21387
Lol thanks for your reply a_strange_day, I will have to check them out sometime (aka never) :haha:

Reactions: Circles
Azagorod

Azagorod

Apr 4, 2019
I didn't even notice christmas was this close until this thread lol. I live without my family or any real close friends for it to matter and my university doen't give a shit so there aren't really any decorations to speak of. I kinda miss the time I would get excited for this period of the year..

Reactions: Circles, TearyEyedQueen and Azzy69
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I really can't stand Christmas. It's really a fake holiday. Even if you're a bible-believing Christan, Christ almost certainly was not born in the winter. People celebrate it out of tradition, and not for real. We can't even get Easter right and we know when that is.. (I can elaborate, if desired)

The fact that we celebrate "sacred" holidays on days that aren't correct, and yelled at if you bring it up, gets me annoyed beyond measure.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles and Azzy69
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
I didn't even notice christmas was this close until this thread lol. I live without my family or any real close friends for it to matter and my university doen't give a shit so there aren't really any decorations to speak of. I kinda miss the time I would get excited for this period of the year..
Me too ugh. I remember being little and sitting next to the christmas tree each night, poking at my presents trying to work out if it was a new doll or teddy bear. On christmas eve my Dad and I would play tennis outside and ride skateboards until it was time to go to bed and leave cookies and milk out for santa. It's funny how time changes everything.

Reactions: Circles, TearyEyedQueen and Azagorod
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I live in the Bible Belt (USA) and Christmas is repulsive. So much hallelujah and shits. Actually, small town Christians in general are repulsive. So judgemental. Having long hair and tattoos pretty much everywhere makes me the Devil himself. I thought about finding a Baphomet plaque to put on the door as a wreath just to piss people off.

I'm not slamming Christians in general, just Christians where I live.

Christmas. Bah. Humbug.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Worthless_nobody, TowerUpright and 2 others
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
I live in the Bible Belt (USA) and Christmas is repulsive. So much hallelujah and shits. Actually, small town Christians in general are repulsive. So judgemental. Having long hair and tattoos pretty much everywhere makes me the Devil himself. I thought about finding a Baphomet plaque to put on the door as a wreath just to piss people off.

I'm not slamming Christians in general, just Christians where I live.

Christmas. Bah. Humbug.
If your Christians are anything like mine, they'd be the ones claiming they're one of the few who "have it right" and everyone else, at best, is teetering on edge of Hell.

It's not just your area. Sadly, it's everywhere in the US (even though I'm in the Bible Belt, too).

Reactions: Circles and passenger27
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I don't give a damn about Christmas or other holidays anymore. The only reason I don't sit at home and do somthing else is that it would make my old parents sad if I didn't participate. Also, it's only my closest family, six people in total, so it's bearable. However, I do like a couple of things with Christmas: I don't have to work and I get to eat som tasty food.

• Hugs
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
This made me laugh lol

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, TearyEyedQueen and Azzy69
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
The holidays trigger me in general. I wanted to ctb before Christmas, but didn't have all the materials. But at the same time my friends have been so supportive and loving that it's hard to leave them. They have already bought me presents and have expressed how excited they are for me to receive them. My boyfriend also sent me an early Christmas present, but he joked about it being Black Friday. So... it's not over yet. The presents, the artificial happiness... The holiday itself got lost in translation and all people care about is money + presents.

Either way, it's bittersweet. Because I have people in my life that do love me dearly, but I also get so torn with being cared about. Because being cared about is what has caused me to drag my feet to the inevitable ctb. But when I really think about it... I'm glad I'm going to ctb with love in my heart. Knowing that they tried the best to their ability to keep me afloat for as long as they could. In that sense I won't die alone. For me, it's better to die with love than die with nothing at all. That is what provides me with peace when it comes to my decision.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, WhyIsLife56 and Azzy69
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
The holidays trigger me in general. I wanted to ctb before Christmas, but didn't have all the materials. But at the same time my friends have been so supportive and loving that it's hard to leave them. They have already bought me presents and have expressed how excited they are for me to receive them. My boyfriend also sent me an early Christmas present, but he joked about it being Black Friday. So... it's not over yet. The presents, the artificial happiness... The holiday itself got lost in translation and all people care about is money + presents.

Either way, it's bittersweet. Because I have people in my life that do love me dearly, but I also get so torn with being cared about. Because being cared about is what has caused me to drag my feet to the inevitable ctb. But when I really think about it... I'm glad I'm going to ctb with love in my heart. Knowing that they tried the best to their ability to keep me afloat for as long as they could. In that sense I won't die alone. For me, it's better to die with love than die with nothing at all. That is what provides me with peace when it comes to my decision.
So sorry Moonicide. What a lovely story :heart: thanks for sharing dear. I will be going to bed soon and I think this is a good note to end the day!

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Moonicide
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I used to enjoy christmas a lot, but this year i can't muster the energy to give a shit even though I wish i could. i used to look forward to this time of year and the spirit of things, but i feel so empty this year :///

• Hugs
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019

Thanks to Sinister Kid for helping me learn how to post videos. I imagine that you agree with the sentiment of this song, as do I. Enjoy!

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019

Thanks to Sinister Kid for helping me learn how to post videos. I imagine that you agree with the sentiment of this song, as do I. Enjoy!

Lol I love it :haha: Thanks for sharing BlueWidow

• Love
Reactions: Circles and BlueWidow
BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019

I promise this is my last Christmas song post. This song may not be appropriate for this site because we're all supposed to be depressed and so on, but if anyone wants to be cheered up a little bit. . . I hope this song helps. :))

• Love
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
this might be slightly off-topic but is it weird having Christmas in the summer time in Australia?

I just keep imagining people in oz sweating in 40 degree heat while eating their turkey...

Reactions: Azzy69
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
this might be slightly off-topic but is it weird having Christmas in the summer time in Australia?

I just keep imagining people in oz sweating in 40 degree heat while eating their turkey...
Eh, it's not really weird to us. I honestly can't imagine having christmas in winter. As long as the aircon is on it's good :blarg:

• Love
Reactions: mediocre