• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Grim_Rockstar

Grim_Rockstar

GRIMMI
Jun 4, 2024
Depression is seen by most as a liar, deceiver, most of all an invisible monster that seeks to hunt you down.
I do not see it as a monster; but a thing that grants you a perspective of your life in which you cannot see. The reason depression is considered a lie is due to its morbid knowledge of our lives. If we do not take to heart the severity of something, how can we expect to devise a plan moving forward? It is judged as the ultimate culprit of a person's own demise- when really continuing to live or ending that life is our choice alone. It does not guide. It warns. It is up to us what we do with such information. It is not the newspaper boy who causes the contents of the newspaper; he merely passes it. Bullying, financial loss, grief, abuse, mental and medical related illnesses, etc. are the true culprits of suicide.

Please feel free to share any opposing wisdom you may have. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36, ThatStateOfMind, DolerDolerDoler and 1 other person
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
I don't necessarily see depression as something which grants perspective. Rather, I feel it is caused by a certain perspective. When you see the world for how it truly is, and the rose-colored glasses are off, it's impossible to go back. As you mentioned, bullying, financial loss, grief, abuse, and medical illnesses are all culprits, and I believe experiencing these allows you to have a certain view on humanity. I do also see it as a culprit in suicide, though. When you boil everything down, there is one common factor amongst many of those who experience those aforementioned culprits and subsequently commit: depression. I would wager nearly all of people who commit suicide do so out of depression, and it the common denominator amongst people who CTB. However, I do feel like this question is highly subjective, and am eager to hear others thoughts.

• Love
Reactions: Grim_Rockstar
Grim_Rockstar

Grim_Rockstar

GRIMMI
Jun 4, 2024
I don't necessarily see depression as something which grants perspective. Rather, I feel it is caused by a certain perspective. When you see the world for how it truly is, and the rose-colored glasses are off, it's impossible to go back. As you mentioned, bullying, financial loss, grief, abuse, and medical illnesses are all culprits, and I believe experiencing these allows you to have a certain view on humanity. I do also see it as a culprit in suicide, though. When you boil everything down, there is one common factor amongst many of those who experience those aforementioned culprits and subsequently commit: depression. I would wager nearly all of people who commit suicide do so out of depression, and it the common denominator amongst people who CTB. However, I do feel like this question is highly subjective, and am eager to hear others thoughts.
You're right, that's definitely the risk with it. I guess it's something I'm used to doing. I navigate depression by seeing it as a form of logic rather than letting it flourish into something that will eat me alive.

• Love
Reactions: BrainShower and ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
You're right, that's definitely the risk with it. I guess it's something I'm used to doing. I navigate depression by seeing it as a form of logic rather than letting it flourish into something that will eat me alive.
That's a good perspective to keep honestly. It allows you to have more control over it I suppose.