aitouka

aitouka

calm
Apr 5, 2023
I've been more and more nostalgic recently. Especially when I have realized that more and more stuff, the only happy remains of the past, are all fading.

The dessert shop I've loved always - the taste is not the same now as the owner has changed. The traditional annual festival I grew up with has lost its charm, and has become less and less popular. Neon signs on the streets have disappeared. Prices have soared in recent years. McDonald's has turned from a happy and bright interior with a clown statue to a black and modern interior. Local entertainment is not the same anymore, with current celebrities being… well, it's hard to put into words. The city isn't the same, the people aren't the same, the government sucks, there is less and less freedom, less and less open shops, less and less lights and nightlife, increasingly ridiculous and unfair policies…

I'm not usually a person who looks to the past, but I can't see hope in the future. No hope in me or the society. Happiness remains in the past and the past only.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: korobka_s_konfetami, the_last_race, divinemistress36 and 10 others
Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
I can relate, childhood friends and memories are the best things to happen to me, seeing it fade away and knowing there won't be a second time is probably the worst feeling you could experience, especially if you were always lonely and generally considered an outcast, you are seeing things you consider heavenly fading way, it's only getting darker and darker until it's just a burning memory, personally i was never able to just let go, losing my childhood friends is one of the biggest reasons i want to die

• Hugs
Reactions: sanction and Unknown21
untothedepths

untothedepths

I'm so scared... I'm cold.
Mar 20, 2023
Despite my abhorrent home life I feel the same, too. I look back on the things that brought me magic: my favorite shows, my imagination, and the few good things in my life. I clung onto them and daydreamed my life away. It was all I could do, and its one of the few things I look back fondly on.

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09 and Unknown21
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
I hold on to mine with dear life. Some are 50 years old. It's all i have left!

Reactions: divinemistress36
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Yes, the past is a pleasant and foreign country compared to the present, but at the same time I don't envy the young.

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
Relate, when you feel like a freak wandering around where you grew up not having moved on normally it's definitely a mental hammer, especially when you kind of know you're the only one around you slipping behind

jbleakness

jbleakness

May 8, 2024
It all goes so quickly. Those sweet little times we had are so hard to hold onto.

NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I miss the way my relationships were before. I invested endless trust into people that I adored with my entire heart. My faith in them had no bounds, and I believed I had found "my people." Yet, I've learned now that my love for them is not reciprocated nearly to the same extent. I am an afterthought, not a priority. I take up space in their world, but they do not make space for me. All of the nights I spend getting caught up in my emotions caring about them, they spend those nights blissfully sleeping away. The relationships I constructed in crystals are now shattering away, shards capturing my skin. I'm filled with so much anger and regret for caring about these people who couldn't care less.

The only consistent joy I can find are in my memories -- memories of what life was before. Video games are my common form of escapism as I can remember being easily entertained by virtual characters in peaceful worlds. I faintly remember being a carefree kid with no worries. I miss the days when I fully believed in people -- when I thought people were good and could be trusted. I found happiness in my ignorance.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sanction, jbleakness and XdragonsoulX
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Things are often much simpler when we're young, especially when our biggest priorities are new television episodes or hanging out with friends after school. When they're good, we're good.

Nowadays, we're overwhelmed by work, various bills, university, and in top of all that higher expectations from society in general. Every moment of joy and fun now feels like a waste of time when I could be more productive.

Taking happiness for granted is one of the bigger regrets of my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyahaha01
Black Sheep One

Black Sheep One

Mar 4, 2023
Childhood thing have faided. Drive in movie theaters are gone. The horse track is gone. Many of the restraunts are now weed shops. The malls are dead or gone. The movies are all PG-13 lame. The mom and pop stores are now big box mart. Big box marts are all have the same floor plan. The computer, 4-H, FFA , ham radio, car clubs are gone. I have been asked for a light so someone could smoke freshly pulled milk weed. Bathrooms are locked up to keep bums from shooting up and passing away. Ebayers have picked the second hand shops clean. I remember a mall. Today, it is gone and the area is not a safe place to visit. It is terrible.

Reactions: divinemistress36
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Check out this Instagram page, its full of nostalgic visuals that will bring back childhood memories

www.instagram.com/yourpastreality/reels

I really miss the past too. Its so sad to realize the happiest days are forever over. At least there are people that can relate on here. Thanks to you guys. I truly can relate, its always on my mind

Last edited:
T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
This is so relatable... In my city it took some grotesque proportions, construction sites everywhere, streets and places being rapidly demolished and replaced with huge human hives... Half of the stuff i used to see as a child and teenager is gone forever and remains only in my mind, still i forget a lot of it at this point.... Some time ago i watched my old photos and realised that cannot remember circumstances in which a lot of them were taken. Life is gone, everything is gone, all that was important, everything i was worried about or afraid of is gone, nothing but a bleak memory.... Our lives meaning nothing in the face of time, it will make everything and everyone vanish.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I believe that, if you had a relatively okay childhood that wasn't full of issues, your best times of your life has now passed. Having a nice childhood honestly sounds as close to utopia as a human can get to. Back then, there wasn't much responsibilities imposed upon you and you had more freedom. Once you reach adulthood however, all of that is gone. What pisses me off a lot is that I had an awful childhood which means I can't experience the utopia that everybody else here has experienced. My childhood has been hell and I wished it wasn't hell because then at least I could enjoy 18 years of life before deciding to kill myself off anyway. Now all I have within my life is misery and nothing more

Reactions: sserafim