N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I had this thought when I listened to the music video "Happy Endings " from Mark Shinoda (Linkin Park member). I am not sure whether this criticism is fair or even good. Maybe he did not thought about the suicide of Chester Bennington when he wrote that song. But I had to think about it. How can someone believe so much in happy endings if a very close friend of you committed suicide?

Probably it is his way to cope with it. This is why I think I should not be too judgemental about that. But honestly I would probably feel bad inside myself to write such a song when I knew one of my best friends had such a painful and unfair life. There was no happy ending for Chester.

Maybe it is not helpful to expect people of being sad for the rest of their life due to that fact. But I got mixed feelings when I listened to that song.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolan96, Journeytoletgo and natali4
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
Chester is a legend.

• Love
Reactions: Foresight, Journeytoletgo, deleted and 2 others
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
There's a theory that him and Chris Cornell were murdered because they were supposedly making a documentary about human trafficking.

Both were "suicides" by hanging.

Hanging/strangulation is one the ways Freemasons will kill those who break their code of secrecy.

• Informative
Reactions: Feeding Pigeons
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
The lyrics actually pretty explicitly say that the "happy endings" are just delusional wishes he dreams up in his mind to keep him from being dragged down by guilt and negative feelings:

Hey, at least in my mind
I'm feeling like I'm the hero that saves me
There I hold my head high
Get everything right, delusional maybe
If I'm pretending, why not write happy endings?
Where I'm better than we both know I could be, oh
Still, at least in my mind
I'm feeling like I'm the hero that saves me
They're like, "Hey Mike
You can't keep kicking yourself for the things you say, like
There's some people that you could never make right"
And really, do I wanna sweat shit? No
I don't know why I don't let this go
Hold it inside, let it take control

I don't really like the song musically but as someone who was a bit Linkin Park fan when I was younger I don't find the lyrics necessarily inappropriate with regard to Chester's suicide.

• Informative
Reactions: thelookingontheway, Niko66, noname223 and 1 other person
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
There's a theory that him and Chris Cornell were murdered because they were supposedly making a documentary about human trafficking.

Both were "suicides" by hanging.

Hanging/strangulation is one the ways Freemasons will kill those who break their code of secrecy.

Chris Cornells doctor prescribed him 900 Ativans over a short period of time.

Ativan is a highly addictive benzo, it is absolutely not recommended in cases where patients have addiction issues as it can lead to impaired judgement, severe anxiety and.. suicide.

May he rest in peace! No one sings like him anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can