QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
What's your current elo in chess, how often do you play and what site?
Favourite opening for white and black?

Reactions: InversedShadow, Olek Messier 87 and AbusedInnocent
AbusedInnocent

AbusedInnocent

Enemy brain ain't cooperating
Apr 5, 2024
1200 elo Lichess

White: e4 and see what happens.

Black: Caro Kann

Haven't played in some time, I'm bad at chess anyway.

Reactions: QteStimBnnuy and Olek Messier 87
Olek Messier 87

Olek Messier 87

Student
Sep 1, 2024
Around 1500 chesscom when I was still playing (not very solid).
I tried to keep it simple: London, Italian, Caro-Kann, Scandinavian.

Reactions: QteStimBnnuy
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
i only play as a guest on chesscom.

had sometimes an account but my insane perfectionism made me ragequit too often and delete my account over and over after some stupid losses.

i just put myself too much under pressure and without this pressure to perform its more chill and i also have swings in terms of sharpness. it feels on some days i play 1500 to 1600 elo chess and then 1000 elo chess.

lately i also watch a lot hikaru and levy videos and also live streams of tournaments.
speedchess championship was wild yesterday. some insane games.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: daley
Z

zengiraffe

Feb 29, 2024
~900 elo for rapid (10+0). Play on lichess. I haven't learn or studied any openings, but I'm familiar with general opening principles and try to follow those as white and black.

QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
my insane perfectionism made me ragequit too often and delete my account over and over after some stupid losses
Understand that one. Though quite double edged, one hand feel better. The other, likely won't improve as much or gain consistency by playing people not of your current level. I'm no hikaru to be giving out advice, but I'd at least recommend switching from rapid 10 to 30 for gaining consistency

speedchess championship was wild yesterday. some insane games.
Real, I was just taking the piss out of hans the whole time with a friend and stream chat while he was facing magnus. Same goes for hikaru vs hans
Bro really thought

Though I had no doubt magnus would win the championship. There's simply no denying such a goat. Unfortunately the other (bad name memory) started declining n perhaps wasn't playing as well as they could have. I'm still to look at some of their matches
~900 elo for rapid (10+0). Play on lichess. I haven't learn or studied any openings, but I'm familiar with general opening principles and try to follow those as white and black.
Hell yeah, all gotta start somewhere

Last edited:
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
Understand that one. Though quite double edged, one hand feel better. The other, likely won't improve as much or gain consistency by playing people not of your current level. I'm no hikaru to be giving out advice, but I'd at least recommend switching from rapid 10 to 30 for gaining consistency

Real, I was just taking the piss out of hans the whole time with a friend and stream chat while he was facing magnus. Same goes for hikaru vs hans
Bro really thought

Though I had no doubt magnus would win the championship. There's simply no denying such a goat. Unfortunately the other (bad name memory) started declining n perhaps wasn't playing as well as they could have. I'm still to look at some of their matches

Hell yeah, all gotta start somewhere

somehow crazy that all are so obsessed with improving. i play for fun and relaxation like others watch netflix.
but i guess its part of the time we live in. you have to optimise yourself in all aspects of life. no fun allowed ^^

and the mix of players on the 2nd highest levels as guest is also kind of interesting. from lunatics which overestimate their skills to really solid players. thats also kind of fun that you get some wild games with unpredictable opponents.

alireza really looked strong at the beginning of the final but couldnt keep his level. i thought it would be closer cause against hikaru he really played very well.
but i also guess at some point tilt is really a thing and then quality of decisions declines.

overall i prefer to watch more classical chess. its more chill and you can also dig into the game while watching. the speed formats are nice but its more like watching any other sport more for entertainment and drama.

QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
had sometimes an account but my insane perfectionism made me ragequit too often and delete my account over and over after some stupid losses.
somehow crazy that all are so obsessed with improving. i play for fun and relaxation like others watch netflix.
but i guess its part of the time we live in. you have to optimise yourself in all aspects of life. no fun allowed ^^
To be fair, it is a competitive game by nature, holding a lot of people that are to some degree- even if minor- competitive. It's simply that I've personally never encountered someone with insane perfectionism in an area to be so against the idea of improving. Though I disagree with it even remotely falling into "optimizing yourself in all aspects of life", by overall simply suggesting a more fun and less stressing time format +change in mindset for if you end up one day making another account. If you don't care for it, good for you

Enjoying it is the basis for having a hobby to begin with, anything more simply depends on the person

alireza really looked strong at the beginning of the final but couldnt keep his level
Ahhh that's the name. Yeah I was hoping it would be a little less dominating than it was, but these things happen

Yee, classical be vibin

daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
I get too upset losing games, so I only do puzzles.

On chess.com I reached puzzles at rating of around 2850 .

When I did play games I was around 1500.

QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
I get too upset losing games, so I only do puzzles.

On chess.com I reached puzzles at rating of around 2850 .

When I did play games I was around 1500.
Understandable, it can end up being quite the struggle. Puzzles are pretty sweet, nice ratings

Reactions: InversedShadow
InversedShadow

InversedShadow

Student
Dec 28, 2023
1100 on chess.com and 1500 on lichess
I used to play every day for 2 years, but I havent played this regularly for around 1.5 year already, atm it's just once a month or so
I liked to play russian game, italian game and spanish game as white, as black my preferable opening was Scandinavian defense or eventually like my grandpa likes to play; Indian defense, those are openings that I could play even now out of my memory, even if rusty still many moves are memorized by me

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore and QteStimBnnuy
QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
1100 on chess.com and 1500 on lichess
I used to play every day for 2 years, but I havent played this regularly for around 1.5 year already, atm it's just once a month or so
I liked to play russian game, italian game and spanish game as white, as black my preferable opening was Scandinavian defense or eventually like my grandpa likes to play; Indian defense, those are openings that I could play even now out of my memory, even if rusty still many moves are memorized by me
Thanks for sharing openings. Used to enjoy the scandinavian defense as well
Must be pretty sick having a grandpa/family member to get into it with

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore