• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
I got the API Nitrite Test Kit for aquarium, and I got some interesting results. First off I showed what my SN looks like, The 2nd image shows what my Nitrite (NO2) test results was like, as you can see, Green is not part of the chart, but I did some research around like in this thread and found from there someone who said that it is considered off the charts level of Nitrite. When I washed the mini tube to clear out the SN sample but left 5 ml of water, then I got what you see in the 3rd image, which is a purple like color indicating significance in Nitrite according to the chart. My guess is that the residue left of the SN was still high enough that it indicate very strong Nitrite was still left.

4 3 2

Wanted to see your expertise opinion on this, and while I'm fairly certain it passed the Nitrite test, I just wanted to confirm so thought I post about it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mayonaise, YandereMikuMistress, PAš–Øš‘ and 1 other person
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
I tested my SN using the same API nitrite reagent kit and I can't really evaluate the accuracy of my results. I find the shades of violet to be too similar, just hard to distinguish. I was aiming for a level of 5 ppm (max level). Maybe you can help me to clarify if my source is legit or not?

I can't seem to be able to upload my api test image though.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
It's an outdated post on my end. I had learned a lot since then. Pretty much those tiny ppm of 5 won't help too much when you want to evaluate purity over 95%. I'd use different test kits, and know Vizzy's Bible approach to do it properly. You can refer to here for where I spoken of doing purity test using the right method that I didn't use back when I posted this one

K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
Here are my results. What do you think about them? Testing with reagent is supposed to be the most reliable mehod. I was aiming for a 5 ppm.

Attachments

• test.jpeg
    test.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 0
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
We know there is definitely some purity in SN, but it's very hard to tell how much. Like the ppm chart shows purple between 2.0 to 5ppm, so that means it could be anywhere in the range of 40% - 100% purity. Best is to get aquarium test kit strips with at least 25 ppm, and something with contrast difference from the lower ppm (in your case, so 2.0 won't look almost identical as 5.0)

K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
We know there is definitely some purity in SN, but it's very hard to tell how much. Like the ppm chart shows purple between 2.0 to 5ppm, so that means it could be anywhere in the range of 40% - 100% purity. Best is to get aquarium test kit strips with at least 25 ppm, and something with contrast difference from the lower ppm (in your case, so 2.0 won't look almost identical as 5.0)
I guess you are suggesting bartovation strips is the best testing method?

Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
I would assume that NaNO3 should be checked along with NaNO2, because NaNO3 most likely would constitute the largest fraction of substances that reduce the purity of NaNO2. High concentration of NaNO3 implies potentially low purity of NaNO2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klimpop
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Would still be best to use the bartovation strips for testing yes. But also true what @Dying Knight said, but as long as you see the boldness is very strong on the purity, it should be good. The once I tested that showed 99% purity on the test for NaNO3 (NitrIte) were about 50% - 70% in NaNO2 (AKA NitrAte)

K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
Would still be best to use the bartovation strips for testing yes. But also true what @Dying Knight said, but as long as you see the boldness is very strong on the purity, it should be good. The once I tested that showed 99% purity on the test for NaNO3 (NitrIte) were about 50% - 70% in NaNO2 (AKA NitrAte)
So you suggest testing also the nitrAte levels. Using an API reagent for nitrAte or do you know a better test kit for nitrAte?

How is it possible to show results for high nitrite and also significant nitrAtes levels?? I guess that SN source is not a legit one.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
I wouldn't say it's not legit at all, without using the aquarium test kit with at least 25 ppm, you just won't have enough supporting evidence for your purity. NitrAte is normal to be found along with Nitrite, I wouldn't read too much into NitrAte, the most important thing is doing the test correctly.

S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I have 10ppm only. Is it worrying?

Attachments

• IMG20230925082139.jpg
    IMG20230925082139.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
NaNO3 (NitrIte) were about 50% - 70% in NaNO2 (AKA NitrAte)
NaNO3 is nitrate, NaNO2 is nitrite.
How is it possible to show results for high nitrite and also significant nitrAtes levels?? I guess that SN source is not a legit one.
If you have pure nitrate NaNO3, you can test it alone and see how your test kit works on it. NaNO3 is less prone to accumulate contaminations over time than NaNO2, because the reaction

2NaNO2 + O2 = 2NaNO3

happens under normal conditions, while the decomposition

2NaNO3 = 2NaNO2 + O2

happens at high temperatures.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023

Think of it more in terms of how it will help you read the results. The coloration between 5 ppm and 10 ppm seems not so different, so if you get the results and the color looks kinda like a 10 but maybe you can argue it's a 5, if it's in between you would say it's 75%, but maybe it looks more like 10 ppm so you would think it's 90%, or even 95%... Point being made is that you not gonna get direct result that says 'the purity is x%, etc...', you get a coloration and from there you assess what it looks like compared to the chart.

NaNO3 is nitrate, NaNO2 is nitrite.

If you have pure nitrate NaNO3, you can test it alone and see how your test kit works on it. NaNO3 is less prone to accumulate contaminations over time than NaNO2, because the reaction

2NaNO2 + O2 = 2NaNO3

happens under normal conditions, while the decomposition

2NaNO3 = 2NaNO2 + O2

happens at high temperatures.

Thanks for the correction you are right. I can't edit the previous reply. I should say I'm not expert on the chemistry aspect of it, but had my share of trial and error with the testing to understand how to get the purity results correct.

Reactions: Sid19
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
Would still be best to use the bartovation strips for testing yes.
So I was finally able to test using bartovation. Using 2,5 gm SN, 2 x 1 L bottle and 10 ml pipette and aiming for 25 ppm result. To me the result shows around 10 ppm, not 25 ppm. What do you think about it? Thanks

Attachments

• a test.jpeg
    a test.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 0
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
So I was finally able to test using bartovation. Using 2,5 gm SN, 2 x 1 L bottle and 10 ml pipette and aiming for 25 ppm result. To me the result shows around 10 ppm, not 25 ppm. What do you think about it? Thanks
If I understood correctly:

- You have Cup 1 and Cup 2 both with 1 L
- You put 2.5 g of SN in 1 L of water in Cup 1
- Extracted 10 mL from Cup 2, and transferred 10 mL from Cup 1 to Cup 2

If this is what you did, you did it correctly by the technical way of doing it, as you have 2500 mg of SN in Cup 1, then you using 1% of it in cup 2 which translate to 2500 mg / 1L * (0.01) = 25mg/1L. Now the question is did you ensure that the measurements are precise and not off? Even if you thought you transferred 10 mL but were off and actually used 9 mL, that's 10% error which could make the coloration look weaker for example. That's one thing.

Other than that, I would try to test it again, and did you by chance test SN after already opening it? My rookie mistake was that I opened the bag of SN the first time I bought and test it too many times opening and closing that it got oxidized and had some loss of its purity due to oxidation to become more NitrAte.

Those are plausible scenarios why your SN looks lower if it's not actually lower

Reactions: noname123
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
Now the question is did you ensure that the measurements are precise and not off?
I don't expect my measurements to be 100% correct, but the margin for error is minimized to the best of my ability.
It could be that there is some minor imprecision in the preparation of the 1 l bottles and also that the 10 ml syringe is a bit off. As for weighing, i got it accurately I think unless my machine is faulty.
Other than that, I would try to test it again, and did you by chance test SN after already opening it?
I started testing my SN source 3 weeks ago and opened it 3 times so far for about 15 seconds max each time. Do you think it could have oxydized so quickly?

I also did a nitrAte reagent test. Using the same 2,5 gm SN, 2 x 1 l bottles, but extracting only 4 ml from cup 1, so it is based on a 10mg/l nitrIte target thus comparable to the test strips I had used initially. The result I got shows around 40 ppm. How do you interpret such a result? If its too much nitrAte then some of the nitrIte could have oxydized (and converted to nitrAte?). If the result is considered fairly low, then my SN source could be legit? Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• aa test.jpeg
    aa test.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
I don't expect my measurements to be 100% correct, but the margin for error is minimized to the best of my ability.
It could be that there is some minor imprecision in the preparation of the 1 l bottles and also that the 10 ml syringe is a bit off. As for weighing, i got it accurately I think unless my machine is faulty.
If you use a 10 mL syringe then that should be good, it's the pipette/syringe where the imprecision is most sensitive. Sounds like you had the right measurements there, even your weight scale probably measured correctly 2.5 g of SN.

I started testing my SN source 3 weeks ago and opened it 3 times so far for about 15 seconds max each time. Do you think it could have oxydized so quickly?
I don't necessarily think it's the death nail, but even just opening it once and exposing here can be sensitive, your still could be good but can be a bit at risk. It may not necessarily show significant difference in the test, like a 99% purity SN may now be 90%. At least I witnessed drops in few of my bags that I opened but exposed oxygen to them accidentally. With the bottle you have it's safer.

I also did a nitrAte reagent test. Using the same 2,5 gm SN, 2 x 1 l bottles, but extracting only 4 ml from cup 1, so it is based on a 10mg/l nitrIte target thus comparable to the test strips I had used initially. The result I got shows around 40 ppm. How do you interpret such a result? If its too much nitrAte then some of the nitrIte could have oxydized (and converted to nitrAte?). If the result is considered fairly low, then my SN source could be legit? Thanks again for your help.
How much is the max ppm for NitrAte? I wouldn't worry too much about the NitrAte aspect, it's normal to see significant Nitrate for pure SN, mainly you want to just focus to see if the NitrIte (NaNO2) matches the full purity.

As an additional note, sometimes even going just merely slightly above the ppm for nitrite, so if you measuremed for example 2.6 g of SN instead of 2.5g, add that additional 10 mg, it may exceed slightly the guided measurement, but it at least esnures you have the minimum of the max amount. If the test done properly, then you should see bold to the max result if it's pure enough. It's not like you going extremely overboard where you get weird results. Because even if you use all the right measurements and 2.5g of SN is used, it's possible there is always some loss in substance even by air exposure.
I could be wrong about this, but say you have 50% pure SN and you used 5 g of it using your method, I don't think you get 25 ppm boldness from it (I used these numbers as a multiplier of 2 to get 50% to 100%), I tested something like this once and it didn't show such result. I think purity is to the core, so if you don't have +95% purity, you won't see on the test it looks like completely pure (almost at least), at least not if you multiplied by 2 an SN for something with 50% purity, would have to be way way more than that.

Reactions: Sid19
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
How much is the max ppm for NitrAte? I wouldn't worry too much about the NitrAte aspect, it's normal to see significant Nitrate for pure SN, mainly you want to just focus to see if the NitrIte (NaNO2) matches the full purity.
The nitrAte kit tests up to 240 ppm. My SN source states 99% purity. I got a reading around 40 ppm using a water solution containing 10 mg/ l SN. If its too much nitrAte then is it fair to think that some of the nitrIte could have oxydized (and converted to nitrAte?). Or can I discard the nitrAte level and assume my SN source is decent?

I forgot to state I used 1 litre glass jars to do the tests. Once the SN was poured into the water I used a wooden spoon to mix and dissolve it (thus I did not shake the jars). Then i dipped the bartovation strip into the water to do the reading. Because the strips are quite short, I can only sample the upper part of the water solution.
If a larger concentration of SN is present in the deeper part of the water mix, then it might have affected my results, but I m really not sure what to think anymore.

Attachments

• aaa.jpeg
    aaa.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
The nitrAte kit tests up to 240 ppm. My SN source states 99% purity. I got a reading around 40 ppm using a water solution containing 10 mg/ l SN. If its too much nitrAte then is it fair to think that some of the nitrIte could have oxydized (and converted to nitrAte?). Or can I discard the nitrAte level and assume my SN source is decent?
As mentioned before forget about the nitrAte, if you said you got what appears to be 99% pure SN from the test kit then it's legit

K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
As mentioned before forget about the nitrAte, if you said you got what appears to be 99% pure SN from the test kit then it's legit
The bartovation test that I posted on this thread shows a result around 10 PPM, yet I was aiming for result around 25 PPM ( I used 2,5 gm SN, 2 x 1 L bottle and 10 ml pipette). That's why I decided to do a nitrAte test using a water solution with 10 mg/ l SN.
So I really can't say I got a 99% pure SN from the bartovation test and using standard aquarium test strips showed results between 5 and 10 mg/l for nitrite. I also tested for nitrite using the API reagent but it came out as a violet color and difficult to interpret (see result on this thread).
My SN came in a sealed container and directly from the chemist. It should be legit 99% and I opened it only 3 weeks ago. The results aren't so good apparently so I just don't know what to think about it.

Last edited:
Betelgeuse8000

Betelgeuse8000

Professional Ape
Oct 17, 2023
You're out here testing your SN? I don't have mine yet but when I do I'm just gonna send it. It's riskier, sure, but by god I won't see November.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
The bartovation test that I posted on this thread shows a result around 10 PPM, yet I was aiming for result around 25 PPM ( I used 2,5 gm SN, 2 x 1 L bottle and 10 ml pipette). That's why I decided to do a nitrAte test using a water solution with 10 mg/ l SN.
So I really can't say I got a 99% pure SN from the bartovation test and using standard aquarium test strips showed results between 5 and 10 mg/l for nitrite. I also tested for nitrite using the API reagent but it came out as a violet color and difficult to interpret (see result on this thread).
My SN came in a sealed container and directly from the chemist. It should be legit 99% and I opened it only 3 weeks ago. The results aren't so good apparently so I just don't know what to think about it.
Try testing with the bartovation test again, but this time with 2.6 g of SN instead of 2.5 g, it is a bit over but it kinda ensures you are at least targeting the minimum 25ppm that you have and not less due to inaccuracies when transferring the liquid.

I can tell you I bought 3 bottles with one of the SN source, the first one I open and closed too many times that it doesn't show me the 99% purity I hoped for anymore, the 2nd bottle I opened a 2nd time when I did a quality test and it passed the 99% purity. Hoping not to break dampen the mood or anything but it is possible the SN might have been oxidized, but it's hard to tell from the NitrAte result to validate if that's the case so I wouldn't read to much into it.

To be honest, I myself did the test many times, and even then I have a bit of a paranoia if my SN is pure as advertised or not. Would you by chance have another spare bottle? It's also possible that the SN on the top might have slightly oxidize, but the bottom part is still legit. I say this because the first SN source I got was a 1kg package and it was huge, I messed things up opening and closing it many times and not buying multiple packages instead of everything in one batch. The top part didn't yield as good results but the bottom showed it passed the SN

D

Deleted member 65988

The top part didn't yield as good results but the bottom showed it passed the SN
I would've just used the bottom part then. I measured 25g of sn last time out of curiosity, I'll use the bottom part of it when I take it officially.

Reactions: 0000000000000
K

Klimpop

Jun 6, 2023
Try testing with the bartovation test again, but this time with 2.6 g of SN instead of 2.5 g, it is a bit over but it kinda ensures you are at least targeting the minimum 25ppm that you have and not less due to inaccuracies when transferring the liquid.
I followed your instructions using 2,6 gm SN (with 2 x 1 l bottles, 10 ml pipette) and also taking the SN deeper into the container. I tested 2 different SN sources, B and H.
How do you read my results? For me it's still the same reading compared to the initial test result that i posted previously in this thread.

Source B:

IMG B

Source H:

IMG H
I can tell you I bought 3 bottles with one of the SN source, the first one I open and closed too many times that it doesn't show me the 99% purity I hoped for anymore, the 2nd bottle I opened a 2nd time when I did a quality test and it passed the 99% purity.
Have you posted your results online? I would be quite interested to see them for comparison.

ToTheTwillight

ToTheTwillight

Experienced
May 19, 2023
Yeah I kinda have to agree that yours looks closer to 10 ppm although more on the upper end, but not quite 25 ppm. Then again camera image is not always perfect so in person it may look like 25 ppm.

I shared my results here:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/is-wfe-legit.132105/post-2175989

I also can attach my image here to compare with yours. From the test I took, it may not look 100% clear but in person it did really look like 25 ppm my results:

WFE 4

Reactions: 0000000000000, Sid19 and Klimpop
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
I used the same Bartovation strips shown above by Tothetwillight. I followed the directions very carefully and used a scale. I am testing SN from source M, and it appeared to be vacuum sealed. My question is about timing. The directions say to put the strip in test liquid for 2-3 seconds then wait 30 seconds. At the 30 second timing, my strip looks closer to 10ppm, like the Source H pic above. But another 30 seconds later (one minute total), it looks like 25ppm. Does this mean the SN that is supposed to be 99% pure is only about 40% pure? Or can the one-minute test result be trusted? I dont know how accurate the aquarium strips are. Is there a better type test that's easily available?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I used the same Bartovation strips shown above by Tothetwillight. I followed the directions very carefully and used a scale. I am testing SN from source M, and it appeared to be vacuum sealed. My question is about timing. The directions say to put the strip in test liquid for 2-3 seconds then wait 30 seconds. At the 30 second timing, my strip looks closer to 10ppm, like the Source H pic above. But another 30 seconds later (one minute total), it looks like 25ppm. Does this mean the SN that is supposed to be 99% pure is only about 40% pure? Or can the one-minute test result be trusted? I dont know how accurate the aquarium strips are. Is there a better type test that's easily available?
I had the same situation with mine(different brand) 30 sec in its 10pm but a minute later it's 25. Idk what to think of that

Reactions: Unknown21 and ThisUnrest