• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

M

merc5361

Aug 8, 2024
I'm facing a dilemma here. My car is small, so I suppose the ppm will be quite high with about 2kgs of charcoal. However, I also feel a like a well insulated tent would be more peaceful but I'm not sure which method to use.

My current plan is to light the charcoal outside for an hour to get rid of the smoke, then transfer to a bucket and keep in car for 20 minutes. Then I'll enter the car with my CO meter, hopefully it starts beeping and I go to sleep shortly thereafter.

Also, I can't utilize the search function, can someone link me to some success stories on this forum of people that utilized charcoal? Are there are recorded videos like the sn method.

Thanks!!

Reactions: murun_b, ToMoveOn and Aprilfarewell4
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
I would do car bc it is small. Seen failure after failure on the tents, but idk how serious those attempts were.

Reactions: Cakeisalie and merc5361
M

merc5361

Aug 8, 2024
I would do car bc it is small. Seen failure after failure on the tents, but idk how serious those attempts were.
Yeah I'm thinking car too. I'm super serious right now, but I don't know if my SI will kick in at the last minute and ruin my attempt to CTB.

Only one way to find out.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Yeah I'm thinking car too. I'm super serious right now, but I don't know if my SI will kick in at the last minute and ruin my attempt to CTB.

Only one way to find out.
You're attempting this right now?

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I was thinking of a car myself. I just wouldn't know how to seal it. I know many suggest using the CO megathread but some of the advice isn't that helpful. It's the best shot because doing it indoors can have to go through the walls and ceiling and it's also a larger area to cover.

S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
NO!!! Please don't do this. People have attempted this. Do a search. Too much CO is lost when you open up the doors to get in. You are risking just hurting yourself. CO poisoning can cause a lot of damage. It's nothing to mess around with.

• Informative
Reactions: murun_b, Cakeisalie, Evelyn Lane and 1 other person
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
NO!!! Please don't do this. People have attempted this. Do a search. Too much CO is lost when you open up the doors to get in. You are risking just hurting yourself. CO poisoning can cause a lot of damage. It's nothing to mess around with.
Informative input. OP mentioned they can't search. Perhaps we can help to find the link for them?

---

This is a method I consider sometimes. I have heard of my cases of people do this in a car. I have often thought that if I had access to a car it would be ideal. But, I don't have a car so I honestly haven't thought out the details.

I have thought more about tent, as it's in my means. Recently I saw a tent design that was presented as an insulated tent. It was basically a small tent in a larger tent. This got me thinking about this method and how it would help to reduce the loss of CO when opening the tent.

Perhaps one could apply this idea to a car situation. Like utilize some tarps inside to reduce the loss of CO when opening the car door.

Just brainstorming here. It's something I'm also trying to work out.

Last edited:
Reactions: suffering_mo_7
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
Informative input. OP mentioned they can't search. Perhaps we can help to find the link for them?

---

This is a method I consider sometimes. I have heard of my cases of people do this in a car. I have often thought that if I had access to a car it would be ideal. But, I don't have a car so I honestly haven't thought out the details.

I have thought more about tent, as it's in my means. Recently I saw a tent design that was presented as an insulated tent. It was basically a small tent in a larger tent. This got me thinking about this method and how it would help to reduce the loss of CO when opening the tent.

Perhaps one could apply this idea to a car situation. Like utilize some tarps inside to reduce the loss of CO when opening the car door.

Just brainstorming here. It's something I'm also trying to work out.

I suggest a search on "CO charcoal failure" and similar terms.

• Informative
Reactions: Evelyn Lane and _AllCatsAreGrey_
M

merc5361

Aug 8, 2024
I suggest a search on "CO charcoal failure" and similar terms.
I'm sorry but I cannot take your advice seriously when it's been done before even by people with zero planning.

All one needs to do is take a look at your past messages to understand that you're not here to help with advice but fo dissuade anyone from attempting.

That's noble of you, but I asked for advice. If you think there's a chance of failure, suggest an alternative . Otherwise, suggest ways to prevent failure.

Don't just say it's a terrible idea and then leave like your comments in every other thread.

D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
I'm considering this atm, I was thinking a small caravan if I can get hold of one. My car isn't the most comfortable for a lie down position and sleep/unconsciousness. I'm not sure I'd trust a tent.

That was a long way round of saying I'd go car

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I'm sorry but I cannot take your advice seriously when it's been done before even by people with zero planning.

All one needs to do is take a look at your past messages to understand that you're not here to help with advice but fo dissuade anyone from attempting.

That's noble of you, but I asked for advice. If you think there's a chance of failure, suggest an alternative . Otherwise, suggest ways to prevent failure.

Don't just say it's a terrible idea and then leave like your comments in every other thread.
The guy is right, though. He has your best intentions at heart, I say.

Take a look at this: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/scared-off-co-method.165621/

I once considered CO as well, but the risk of things going wrong is way too high, which is why I changed my method now. Also, the preparation is too complicated and expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: murun_b
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024

Listen....do what you want. I gave you things to search for. There are ways for you to access the search feature. You just have to get enough posts. Play some games on here. American Mary had some posts about this method. The tent option seemed to be the better way for various reasons because you can seal it off. People have talked about leaving the probe in the tent with the meter outside and watching until the # gets high enough. Then getting quickly inside while holding breath. When you are talking car, which I am pretty sure you were, you are risking it more because you can't seal it off apparently. It's hard to know how successful this method is for various reasons.

Am I suggesting that people do some more research on these methods before making a decision so that they know the consequences?! Absolutely!! My situation is so bad, I never could have imagined. I am physically/ mentally/neurologically messed up beyond imagining. I was depressed before this and didn't think things could get worse and then they did and now I really am going to have to end my life. This didn't happen because of an attempt but nonetheless, it's where I am at. So forgive me for caring.

Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023

Zanexx was successful with regatta Malawi tent, and charcoal in the above thread. I would like to replicate their process exactly. The bit I'm unsure of is, at the end they said charcoal still in the starter, timer goes off in 10 mins, should be getting in the tent with it in 1 and a half hours.

I'm just unsure how long to burn charcoal for, before putting it in the tent, and how long to leave it in the tent before going in with it?

M

murun_b

Aug 5, 2023
If you search the web, you will find medical case reports on successful charcoal suicides in both cars and other kinds of enclosed spaces, e.g. small rooms.

But I do agree with the worries expressed above. There are indeed a lot of reported failures on this site. Even the mentioned Zanexx case didn't go that smoothly if I recall correctly. The method does not seem very reliable.

I generally believe that CO is a good and potentially peaceful method, but I think that burning charcoal might not be the best way to generate CO. This is because (1) the generated volume is comparatively small, (2) the process is quite slow, and (3) results are not easily reproducible (a lot seems to depend on contingent factors, the burning process, etc.).

Other CO generation methods such as generators or dehydrating Formic Acid do seem superior in these respects.

• Informative
Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That is also sth I thought about a lot. Whether opening a car door or opening a tent - there will be CO loss. Sealing the zipper of a tent afterwards might also be difficult when the tent is already filled with CO. However, I understand the intention of going inside when there's a high concentration bc we will be knocked out quickly. I think, I would go inside the tent together with the ready coals and wait.

Groundhog_Day

Groundhog_Day

Dec 5, 2023
Even the mentioned Zanexx case didn't go that smoothly if I recall correctly.
There may be additional information I'm unaware of, but in the Zanexx's thread the issues were due to having a 2 layer tent. As soon as they got the single skin Malawi tent, everything seemed to go as planned.
That is also sth I thought about a lot. Whether opening a car door or opening a tent - there will be CO loss. Sealing the zipper of a tent afterwards might also be difficult when the tent is already filled with CO. However, I understand the intention of going inside when there's a high concentration bc we will be knocked out quickly. I think, I would go inside the tent together with the ready coals and wait.
This might be irrational, but my fear of going in with the coals and waiting, is having seizures and knocking the coals over and being burnt but surviving. As far as I know, seizures are possible with CO. Letting the CO level get high first and going in later, seems to increase chance of quicker death and possibly less seizures?

Last edited:
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Which is why the doors would never open in the first place. The grill would be in my car, with me in it, the entire time. Sure, it's gonna get hot. Good thing I live in a place that reaches arctic-level temperatures occasionally. We will see if the side effects cause me to back out or not when that time comes.

Last edited:
S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
Which is why the doors would never open in the first place. The grill would be in my car, with me in it, the entire time. Sure, it's gonna get hot. Good thing I live in a place that reaches arctic-level temperatures occasionally.
Please read the threads about the method and the risks, here and elsewhere. I understand the desperation. It just concerns me as a fellow human for someone to get more damage... cause life, as I have unfortunately found, can almost always get worse. I will stop posting now. I'm sorry for whatever brought you to needing to do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonofenvy
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
Please read the threads about the method and the risks, here and elsewhere. I understand the desperation. It just concerns me as a fellow human for someone to get more damage... cause life, as I have unfortunately found, can almost always get worse. I will stop posting now. I'm sorry for whatever brought you to needing to do this.
There's a lot of risks. Just like everything else. Very severe risks. People have gotten brain and organ damage, and worse. The same has happened with people who have shot themselves. There gets to be a point where you just accept those risks, unfortunately. Trust me, I never wanted it to be this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: suffering_mo_7