derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Do y'all know exactly what I mean if I say you can feel - and actually kinda "smell" - the changing of seasons? Particularly the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn.

A couple days ago I had that feeling for the first time this season walking out on a nice day. It's weirdly similar to when you're at the ocean and you feel the undertow pulling out between waves. I get flashbacks to all the different places I've been when I've got that feeling.

Taking time to consider that might seem weird but to me it's nice to center myself around the change in nature.

• Love
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, _AllCatsAreGrey_, wCvML2 and 2 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Yes, I also "feel" the change of seasons.
For example, when winter/cold days come, the air has a characteristic smell.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
The natural novelty of changing seasons is something that almost never gets old because it changes the whole environment and by proxy the experience of it. I had a craving for autumn for a really long time, so I'm glad summer is almost over.

• Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
The natural novelty of changing seasons is something that almost never gets old because it changes the whole environment and by proxy the experience of it. I had a craving for autumn for a really long time, so I'm glad summer is almost over.
For me it's bittersweet because I LOVE early autumn but hate winter, so it's a tight window of that magic comfortable melancholy feeling

Reactions: DefinitelyReady, _AllCatsAreGrey_ and wCvML2
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm in California so the weather is as unpredictable and unstable as most Californians are although usually it's actually just really mild year round. Right now it still feels like summer but when autumn hits it will likely still feel like summer until at least November.

L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
I am in Canada, in one of the colder provinces and I am definitely looking forward to the winter. I love trudging through the snow to take my dog for walks or leaving my window open and breathing in the ice cold air while I am wrapped in blankets. Or being outside and feeling the cold air blowing on my face, numbing it.

And yes, I can also sense the seasons changing, I notice the wind blowing through the crisp leaves on the trees, the days getting shorter, and my cat not shedding as much, etcetera.

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
Do y'all know exactly what I mean if I say you can feel - and actually kinda "smell" - the changing of seasons? Particularly the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn.

A couple days ago I had that feeling for the first time this season walking out on a nice day. It's weirdly similar to when you're at the ocean and you feel the undertow pulling out between waves. I get flashbacks to all the different places I've been when I've got that feeling.

Taking time to consider that might seem weird but to me it's nice to center myself around the change in nature.
I love the change of seasons. I appreciate you bringing it up. It's grounding. Fall is my favorite season. It's so refreshing after a harsh summer.

I like to do various shifts in decorations to reflect it. I'm thinking to get this noren curtain to mark the shift of season.

S l400 1

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, lacrimosa and derpyderpins
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
For the first 15 years of my life, I never knew what seasons were. I used to imagine them like it was a fairy tale. The world was infinitely more beautiful when I was dreaming of it as a hungry child in a third world slum. I wish I had died before... seeing

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter, derpyderpins and _AllCatsAreGrey_
Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Experienced
Aug 23, 2024
I am kinda happy that its cooling down here, summer makes me the most miserable. I only want rain and fog every day.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
(I thought of making a post like this☺️)
I do an Indian-looking Lost Boys' dance when I notice the death of Summer... I rejoice. It's spiritual. Halleluyer! There is less light in the day!🙌
(Or at least I would if I felt better🤷🏻‍♀️) It's basketball season too. They throw out a bunch of pumpkin crap that you have to try just in case something tastes good when it turns into a pumpkin. (For me I never find anything good though. Latest is Pumpkin Pie Pop-tart. Ew.)
The different moons come into play which is fun. The birds start to stfu. You can open the windows... You know relief is in sight once you hit Labor Day.
Lol, "magic melancholy"? I don't suppose melancholy has ever been described like that😊 This is your first summer in a new area, maybe it'll be more mild?

Last edited:
  • Yay!