T

timetodie24

Elementalist
Apr 14, 2023
So hadn't planned to still be here but here I am.
Still planning same method but changed date. Haven't confirmed new date yet as depends on a few factors I need to sort and I absolutely need to make sure im ready and not going to chicken out.

One concerning thing I found is that at my chosen location, because of it being a 'suicide hotspot' they've now installed CCTV which apparently alerts emergency services to anyone on cliff edge. Can only find a couple articles from 2018 that said it's being installed and why but no further articles with it being put to use or even pictures of it. I thought maybe it got withdrawn but it's listed on council website as current CCTV locations. Have found articles post-2018 where successful CTB despite passer-by alerting police or where bystanders have pulled people away from edge. So clearly in those cases they weren't spotted on CCTV. Obviously like any place, bystanders calling for help are an issue but will try to do it at quiet time (I can't do it in middle of night due to my living situation) and not go to edge until I'm ready so don't raise suspicion.

I can scope out the area before I do it to see if I can spot the cameras, although won't know if they're on. Not sure if worth the risk To be honest, I'm not convinced that the CCTV is monitored, I don't think the local police have the resources, it might just be a deterrent. It's not even the most 'popular' place for ctb locally. There's definitely other places that attract more jumpers where they haven't installed any so makes no sense (but it's busier there and lower height so can't do that). But even if I'm spotted on CCTV it would take time for police or whoever to arrive so as long as I'm quick it should be okay? However, being quick is what I'm worried about. I'm a right coward and I know I'll hesitate. I don't drink at all these days so hopefully it won't take much alcohol to lower my inhibitons ? I could ask for something to calm me down from my psych but I don't know what to say to lie to get it. They're not one of the psychs who happily dishes meds out to anyone, especially as I have history of ODs.

Why does everyone care about all these initiatives to stop people jumping but not about what happens to people after they're stopped. It's such a short sighted solution to a much longer term problem.

D

deomlez

Not english native speaker. Ctb is my life.
May 19, 2023
Do you think you are able to run and jump directly ? No time to think, no time to fear.

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
I'm guessing you don't want to mention which one this is? It's just I've been researching this method and I'm curious. I have no idea if the CCTV would be manned or not, but can understand your concern.

T

timetodie24

Elementalist
Apr 14, 2023
Do you think you are able to run and jump directly ? No time to think, no time to fear.
Hmm, that would a good idea, I think that could really reduce SI. Only issue is there's a low metal barrier and not enough distance between barrier and edge to get a run up. So would have to start running before the barrier. It's too high to hurdle over it. It should be small enough that I could run and kind of push myself (vault? not sure how to explain) over it . But feel like i'm overestimating my athletic ability here and will end up face planting šŸ˜…. Something I will try to look into though, maybe see if I can check it out first as hard to tell how high unless i'm there. thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odahviing475
Odahviing475

Odahviing475

Apr 12, 2023
Don't face plant before CTBing. I guess feeling some sort of physical pain like that will distract from wanting to CTB?

T

timetodie24

Elementalist
Apr 14, 2023
Don't face plant before CTBing. I guess feeling some sort of physical pain like that will distract from wanting to CTB?
I will try not to ! Just meant if i try to run and jump over barrier it might result in that as sport was never my strong point. Not sure if the humiliation would make me ctb quicker or just make me run away tbh.

• Yay!
Reactions: Odahviing475 and deomlez
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think it's so inhumane putting cameras at a ctb location, it's like they want to make existence into a prison where people cannot escape from their suffering. Not everyone wants to exist here anyway and for many people the only relief lies in death, it's sad how people cannot understand that. Suicide prevention is only ever prolonging suffering but anyway I wish you the best with your plans.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, timetodie24 and FormerlyFe(IV)
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
Is this a remote location? They probably can only do so much with CCTV. They can see it happen, but not react nearly quick enough.
More likely just to know when to send investigators to find and understand the remaining body.

T

timetodie24

Elementalist
Apr 14, 2023
Is this a remote location? They probably can only do so much with CCTV. They can see it happen, but not react nearly quick enough.
More likely just to know when to send investigators to find and understand the remaining body.
Not remote as I can't travel far.
Initial article said it would be 'proactively' monitored by council and they'd contact emergency services . But haven't heard of it being used. I doubt local council has enough money/resources to monitor it.

Yeah I imagine more likely only checked if already been alerted and need more info for investigation