• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Everyone takes SN or N per os.

It saddens me that after a very painful life, people have to drink the devil's piss before falling into eternal nothingness.
So maybe we could learn about other ways of introducing the substances in the body.

For SN the nasogastric tube could be an alternative despite the risks. For N the catheter could be an alternative too.

Understand that there are huge risks with both methods.

(Parenthesis of bad stuff :

Per os :

-For SN, people have already failed their attempts because of the taste.
-For N, exactly the same thing. Of course all organisations like Exit prefer per os but their N isn't meant to be injected so the taste isn't horrible, not even bad...

Injecting without catheter for N :

-We've already seen a member do that. They passed out before ctb. That's why a perfusion would be better imo.

For SN injection :

-SN shouldn't be injected and shouldn't be used with a catheter either since we don't know what happens when it directly enters the blood.

End of parenthesis.)

Perhaps people could try on dummies to see how it goes...

Last edited:
Reactions: callme, littlelungs, Fin and 2 others
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Nasogastric tubes are horrific to have inserted even when done by medical professionals, let alone to do it to yourself
I've had NG tubes inserted for force-feeding due to my anorexia and they are absolutely horrible and I'd never willingly chose to endure that again, would not recommend

• Aww..
Reactions: dyingalone123, ItsTimeToExit, Bed and 3 others
W

Wishfulignorance

Oct 1, 2021
I second the nasogastric tube being a living nightmare. It was god awful. I pulled it out on my own after they got the contrast solution in my stomach and left the room. I will never be able to forget that.

• Aww..
Reactions: xLosthopex and Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
I second the nasogastric tube being a living nightmare. It was god awful. I pulled it out on my own after they got the contrast solution in my stomach and left the room. I will never be able to forget that.

It's a shame, I mentioned it only because we thought it could be interesting with another member. Only consider catheter in my post then.

Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
I've had NG before when i tried to OD, definitely not pleasant. Not as bad as the garden hose they shoved in my pee hole though.

• Aww..
Reactions: Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Ok so catheter and perfusion for N seems to be the only useful part of my thread. What do you think about it?
@xLosthopex

Last edited:
Apricity

Apricity

Wizard
Jul 27, 2021
@Amumu I know you didn't ask me, but I think they're both good ideas, even the NG. Not everyone is going to find it as unpleasant, so it might work for somebody.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame and Amumu
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Ok so catheter and perfusion for N seems to be the only useful part of my thread. What do you think about it?
@xLosthopex

Honestly this is just my own two cents on the topic, I'm sure some people do see it as an option but just from my past experience with them I wouldn't be brave enough to go through it again willingly!

• Hugs
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Honestly this is just my own two cents on the topic, I'm sure some people do see it as an option but just from my past experience with them I wouldn't be brave enough to go through it again willingly!

I mean not the nasogastric tube for SN, but the catheter + perfusion for N. Sorry if I'm not clear

@Amumu I know you didn't ask me, but I think they're both good ideas, even the NG. Not everyone is going to find it as unpleasant, so it might work for somebody.

I see thanks for your opinion

callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
Very well it is to see medical experience passed along here. We wouldn't know your insights otherwise ;)

xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I mean not the nasogastric tube for SN, but the catheter + perfusion for N. Sorry if I'm not clear

I see thanks for your opinion

I've never had a catheter so can't really comment on that

W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
Faced with the choice of drinking N vs. injecting it/snorting it up my nose/enema infusing myself with it...

I'll just drink the damn stuff, thank you very much. Takes a few gulps, according to the PPH. No need to reinvent the wheel for something that's only going to taste bad for a couple of minutes.

(For real, now...N is as best as you're going to get on your own. Faced with the alternatives, which involve pain and/or mutilation, a bad taste is a small price to pay. Don't over-complicate it.
And if the pain of living is bad enough, you'll get past the prospect of a bad taste fast enough...)

Reactions: ItsTimeToExit and Apricity
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
Faced with the choice of drinking N vs. injecting it/snorting it up my nose/enema infusing myself with it...

I'll just drink the damn stuff, thank you very much. Takes a few gulps, according to the PPH. No need to reinvent the wheel for something that's only going to taste bad for a couple of minutes.

(For real, now...N is as best as you're going to get on your own. Faced with the alternatives, which involve pain and/or mutilation, a bad taste is a small price to pay. Don't over-complicate it.
And if the pain of living is bad enough, you'll get past the prospect of a bad taste fast enough...)

I don't have N.

Last edited:
W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
I don't have N.
But your original post did, and included it in the methods proposed, so addressing it on that grounds, "generally speaking".

Last edited:
SentientCreature

SentientCreature

Mar 16, 2021
Takes a few gulps, according to the PPH. No need to reinvent the wheel for something that's only going to taste bad for a couple of minutes.
Speaking from personal experience - the taste of SN is so incredibly bad(and even that is an understatement) that it can make you throw up immediately and no amount of meto will prevent that. But I'd personally try something simpler and less messy than the ideas proposed in this thread. I'd use a local anesthetic to numb my tongue this time.

I don't know about N though.

W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
When I was a kid, my mom made us eat canned spinach. I hated that stuff with a passion, still do, today. While my sister would drag it out until it was cold and even worse, I would just hold my nose and swallow it down as fast as I could, so I could get on with things. I've always carried that mindset with me, when something unpleasant has to be done, best to just get it over with as fast as possible. And when I when I learned of N as an alternative to guns, jumping, hanging, or SN, and that the trade-off of that quick, peaceful death was the taste? Deal. I couldn't be more grateful.

(I still maintain, like I said in other posts, that with the right motivation, we'll do things we don't think we can do otherwise. The barium swallow example for a digestive diagnosis study, chugging a Big-Gulp sized cup of thick, chalky radioactive paste, like I was at a frat party or something, without being allowed to stop...wanted to puke, wanted to gag, but pushed through it, all because the simple physical act of eating become too much of a problem for me. And should I ever get kidney stones again, like I had before over a six-month period, so severe that I was often praying for death, so bad that they had to insert a tube in my you-know-what to break them up, place a stent in there afterwords, and pee'd blood for days, only for them to recur anyway, I'll guzzle that N like it tastes like Kool-Aid.)

It's a big chunk of "mind over matter." We're capable of extraordinary things when the alternative is worse enough.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: wljourney, Yavannah, justsayin and 1 other person