• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Find me in the sweetest oblivion
Jun 27, 2020
Hello all,

I've been attempting to compress my carotids via my own hands, as a test to find the best spot for compression. There are many posts about people requesting help about this and people offering advice, but I want to go a bit in depth about what I've been doing and would like advice on whether or not I am on the right track.

I know where my carotids are - I can easily find a pulse on either side of my neck. But, when I apply pressure, my vision doesn't begin to fade after a few seconds, which I believe is a symptom of "you're doing it right." I use two or three fingers on both hands to press the areas in which I feel a pulse, on both sides of the trachea. I push more "backwards" rather than "inwards," meaning I don't push them towards my windpipe but rather the back of my neck. While doing this, I don't see changes in my vision but I do notice that my hearing is very, very dampened. As I hold the pressure, I slowly begin to lose my hearing, so I am wondering if this is a sign that I am doing it right or wrong.

The reason I am using my hands to test this is because I don't want to commit too much. I'm only trying to practice. Can anybody offer insight, or perhaps share your own experiences about carotid compression? What do you begin to notice as you correctly do it? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I was trying like you, then i switched to trying with my scarf.

I prepared it on my partial hanging spot, without a knot, just U shaped hanging scarf.

I started leaning into it, with my body weight, trying out different positions, and different positions of rope on neck. I would back out if pain was persisting longer then 10 seconds.

After 10 to 20 minutes of trial snd error search, i found my carotids. I passed out before 10 second mark, convulsed back into conciousness. Tried it 10 more times in a row, all worked. Memorised the spot and went to sleep.

Worked every time since then.

Im saying this because, to this moment, i still cant compress carotids with my hands and fingers. I know where they are. I can feel them. But i cant put enough pressure on them alone, to feel absolutely any difference.

Only ligature works for me. No hands or fingers.

• Love
Reactions: NoDream, Tiredsotired, maka and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Okay so something to keep in mind is that blood pressure has an effect. it seems very likely that you are indeed pressing the right place, but that doesn't mean you'll block blood easily. An interesting thing to try is sitting on a chair and folding yourself forward so that your head hangs down as low as possible. Try to allow some pressure to build in your head for a while, then sit upright fast and try to squeeze your neck. You should find that you can easily shut the carotid with very little pressure. Remember that the feeling you are looking for is exactly the same as when you stand up too fast and blood rushes from your head.

Another thing to note is the presence of the jugular vein. When the carotid is not as easy to compress you may find yourself closing the vein first. This will cause you to feel light headed with a distinct uncomfortable feeling of pressure. A lot of the time this will stop you from pressing any further since it can hurt.

Overall I'd say that compressing the carotid isn't always as easy as you'd think, but it is generally achievable with enough pressure; compression may just take more pressure than you think at times. Play around with the placement to find where it's easiest, but be ready for it to not work flawlessly every time.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, AnxietyAttack44 and aedric_artifact
aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Jun 27, 2020
I wonder if a necktie tied into a slipknot would be a way to test? I don't see why not. I intend to practice it later tonight; I will report back no matter what happens.

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I wonder if a necktie tied into a slipknot would be a way to test? I don't see why not. I intend to practice it later tonight; I will report back no matter what happens.
Be careful when testing, as every atempt with ligature, knot or no knot, could end up as completed suicide.

Just be ready if youre trying.

Reactions: aedric_artifact
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
Off topic but: Do you play Terraria? That looks like a life fruit from the game in your profile pic.

aedric_artifact

aedric_artifact

Jun 27, 2020
Off topic but: Do you play Terraria? That looks like a life fruit from the game in your profile pic.

Yes, it is the image on Steam for the achievement of first acquiring a life fruit.

• Love
Reactions: PrettyMoose
PrettyMoose

PrettyMoose

Eat my arse, Pain&Sh*tness & Mindf*ckitation Grift
Mar 1, 2020
Yes, it is the image on Steam for the achievement of first acquiring a life fruit.

Cool! It's neat seeing another Terraria player here. I've beaten that game countless times over the years and I've been playing again recently because of the new update.

I don't have a lot to add to the actual topic. I too can find my carotids with my hands but haven't been able to make myself pass out even in my multiple attempts in the past. I'm not really sure what to say that could be helpful.

BrugmansiaFreak

BrugmansiaFreak

Still playing with the matrix (?) Who knows
Jul 5, 2020
Is possible to do partial hanging lying?

BrugmansiaFreak

BrugmansiaFreak

Still playing with the matrix (?) Who knows
Jul 5, 2020
with drugs when you take enough to die u puke so ppl take anti-nausea durgs before
if someone took a lot of benzo before hanging it could avoid the seizures?

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Stretch your right arm out and keeping upper arm straight, swing forearm back to touch under your jaw on the left side. You'll feel the strong pulse. Do the opposite for the other side. Left arm for the right side. The key is that it's under the jaw but without compressing windpipe; otherwise your SI will kick in as you gasp.

Last edited: