cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
It's nothing serious but I've had an eye infection for about 2 months. It's disgusting: blood, pus, pain.

With insurance and in-network the appointment was $168. I paid that amount last week but I didn't have enough this week.

I'm worried I may lose my eye but the lady at the front desk said, "Just this once we can let you in to see the doctor if this is an emergency but we can't do this again, okay?" Thanks I guess.

Anyway, I can't even afford two doctor's appointments. How am I going to afford N?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, SpaceCadet, lili and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are in this situation, this life is just so unfair. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: SpaceCadet and cyanlove
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I've been there, and I vowed never to forget how lucky I am now that I have some money in the bank.

I've found that many doctor's offices are willing to work with you as long a you're paying something, even a small amount once a week.

Especially with something like your eye, which is not going to go one forever.

Also, remember that the doc is in charge and he may be willing to charge for a lesser amount if he knows what's going on. You don't have to be obvious about it - you might want to say something like, "I'm not sure if I can come back in just one week. I'm kind of strapped for cash since I lost my job, don't get my check until the 1st, etc."

• Hugs
Reactions: SpaceCadet and onlyanimalsaregood
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
Above is correct. The doctor makes that decision. And frankly, if they've seen you once then turn you away with a raging eye infection, doctor knows full well they set themselves up for a lawsuit. The front desk is just obediently following office protocol like a good employee. They should see you. Discuss it with the doctor.

• Informative
Reactions: shrek34, demuic, SpaceCadet and 1 other person
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It's nothing serious but I've had an eye infection for about 2 months. It's disgusting: blood, pus, pain.

With insurance and in-network the appointment was $168. I paid that amount last week but I didn't have enough this week.

I'm worried I may lose my eye but the lady at the front desk said, "Just this once we can let you in to see the doctor if this is an emergency but we can't do this again, okay?" Thanks I guess.

Anyway, I can't even afford two doctor's appointments. How am I going to afford N?
Did your eye get better?

• Hugs
Reactions: VikingHagstrom and SpaceCadet