• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
So I was reading about carbon monoxide and I read that the gas is actually odorless but how this suicide usually goes is that a person connects a tube from the exhaust of that car to the inside-closes windows and dies. But the gasses from the exhaust have a terrible smell.. so what gas makes that smell?

I was in a bus today and there was this sudden horrible smell of "cars" and I was feeling very panicked and anxious...not that I thought someone released some poisonous gas inside but since I'm suicidal and all that plus I get panic attacks I got very thrown off

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
There are many noxious and stinking compounds released when burning diesel or gasoline.
Could be any of them. Also CO2 will cause a panic reaction as your body detects the increase of it

Z

Zebedee

Lost all hope
Sep 30, 2020
Modem cars have catalytic converters to minimise CO production so as far as I'm aware, the exhaust and pipe through a window method isn't as reliable as it once was. I know that doesn't answer you question but I suspect it's a combination of chemicals / fumes that produce that smell, but not carbon monoxide (unless it's a really old car).

Reactions: Metalhead, Marauder and LetzteAusfahrt
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
There are many noxious and stinking compounds released when burning diesel or gasoline.
Could be any of them. Also CO2 will cause a panic reaction as your body detects the increase of it
So the "car exhaust" smell has CO2 but also other things that make it smell bad right? So the smell in the bus could have had CO2 in it
Modem cars have catalytic converters to minimise CO production so as far as I'm aware, the exhaust and pipe through a window method isn't as reliable as it once was. I know that doesn't answer you question but I suspect it's a combination of chemicals / fumes that produce that smell, but not carbon monoxide (unless it's a really old car).
Oh, so is that method not really used anymore? Cause it seemed practical cause a lot of people have cars but since it doesn't work that way anymore there's not much of a reason to choose this method

Reactions: gorgonzola
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
So the "car exhaust" smell has CO2 but also other things that make it smell bad right? So the smell in the bus could have had CO2 in it
It's not CO2 you want (carbon dioxide) it's CO (carbon monoxide).

Your car makes CO by burning tonnes of shit full of other shit.

What do you guess comes out the exhaust pipe?

It isn't much CO anymore, since it has a catalytic converter that removes most of it. So it's just shit.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
It's not CO2 you want (carbon dioxide) it's CO (carbon monoxide).

Your car makes CO by burning tonnes of shit full of other shit.

What do you guess comes out the exhaust pipe?

It isn't much CO anymore, since it has a catalytic converter that removes most of it. So it's just shit.
Oh sorry, I don't know much about cars so that's why I an confused

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
The old method of sticking a pipe from the exhaust through the window doesn't work to CO poison you anymore since there is little CO, but it would probably mess you up big time to breathe in all the other crap - would probably just give you life long illnesses and damage but not help you to ctb.

CO comes from buring carbon. Charcoal is carbon. Charcoal is used in BBQs. Go read the CO megathread in the resources section is my advice

Reactions: gorgonzola
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
The old method of sticking a pipe from the exhaust through the window doesn't work to CO poison you anymore since there is little CO, but it would probably mess you up big time to breathe in all the other crap - would probably just give you life long illnesses and damage but not help you to ctb.

CO comes from buring carbon. Charcoal is carbon. Charcoal is used in BBQs. Go read the CO megathread in the resources section is my advice
Aight, thanks for the info!:)

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
i just google this for you

Car exhaust fumes contain certain poisonous chemicals, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, formaldehyde, benzene and soot, all of which can be detrimental to the human body if consistently inhaled in large quantities

its different with a catalytic convertor though i think

EDIT water, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.

Last edited:
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
i just google this for you

Car exhaust fumes contain certain poisonous chemicals, including carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, formaldehyde, benzene and soot, all of which can be detrimental to the human body if consistently inhaled in large quantities

its different with a catalytic convertor though i think
I think it's such a bad idea to even contemplate car exhaust fumes when a big pile of charcoal in a confined space with no leakage or input of air will enuse a peaceful death within 3 to 5 minutes, and you'd be out cold in 2 to 3 minutes without feeling a thing.

Trying to breathe in car fumes instead is like having a pure source of N but contaminating it with cyanide, vomit inducing chemicals, poisons, and all manner of other nasties so that not only does it make it worse, it makes it more likely to fail.

Like jumping off a skyscraper but first attaching a bunjee cable, or a half arsed parachute to make it as unlikely to succeed as possible, and as painful as possible if you survive.

Why take something simple and highly effective and painless, and make it as painful unreliable and complicated as you can - to what end? Not the end End, that's for sure.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
water,carbon
I think it's such a bad idea to even contemplate car exhaust fumes when a big pile of charcoal in a confined space with no leakage or input of air will enuse a peaceful death within 3 to 5 minutes, and you'd be out cold in 2 to 3 minutes without feeling a thing.

Trying to breathe in car fumes instead is like having a pure source of N but contaminating it with cyanide, vomit inducing chemicals, poisons, and all manner of other nasties so that not only does it make it worse, it makes it more likely to fail.

Like jumping off a skyscraper but first attaching a bunjee cable, or a half arsed parachute to make it as unlikely to succeed as possible, and as painful as possible if you survive.

Why take something simple and highly effective and painless, and make it as painful unreliable and complicated as you can - to what end? Not the end End, that's for sure.

oh i fully agree, i was explainig to the OP why the exhaust fumes smelled as they had asked.

you can't even do it with most cars anyway. the catalytic convertor prevents the CO being released.

Reactions: TheQ22