• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
If you have a tent in a small room, you seal the tent up, you seal the doors to the room.

You have 2-3 barbecues blazing, maybe 1 in the tent and a couple around the tent.

So you've got the sealed tent and the sealed room.

Is there anything else you guys can recommend to improve chances of results?

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
  • If the tent is sealed and you are in the tent, the extra BBQ outside the tent isn't going to matter as it won't be able to get in. You're filling the room with CO for no reason. I would put those extra BBQ in the tent.
  • Get a CO meter to make sure the levels are high enough.
Other than that, the usual. Make sure you won't be found for a while. Take something for combat nerves/SI. I'm not expert on the method so this is just off the top of my head. Also assuming you have read the resource threads on CO.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
  • If the tent is sealed and you are in the tent, the extra BBQ outside the tent isn't going to matter as it won't be able to get in. You're filling the room with CO for no reason. I would put those extra BBQ in the tent.
  • Get a CO meter to make sure the levels are high enough.
Other than that, the usual. Make sure you won't be found for a while. Take something for combat nerves/SI. I'm not expert on the method so this is just off the top of my head. Also assuming you have read the resource threads on CO.
I understand but the thought with the extra barbaque outside is the idea that despite our best efforts, 100% sealing everything isn't always an easy thing to do. If it just so happens we miss a spot with the sealing, the co2 will be there in extra concentration.

Also could you recommend a CO meter?

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
I understand but the thought with the extra barbaque outside is the idea that despite our best efforts, 100% sealing everything isn't always an easy thing to do. If it just so happens we miss a spot with the sealing, the co2 will be there in extra concentration.

I don't know a meter off hand but poking around the forum I'm seeing people recommend you want a "CO analyzer" (not a meter as I first suggested) that can read up to 10,000 ppm.

Also, to be clear, you are dealing with CO NOT CO2. They are very different.
CO = Carbon monoxide
CO2 = Carbon dioxide

Reactions: AmericanMary
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I don't know a meter off hand but poking around the forum I'm seeing people recommend you want a "CO analyzer" (not a meter as I first suggested) that can read up to 10,000 ppm.

Also, to be clear, you are dealing with CO NOT CO2. They are very different.
CO = Carbon monoxide
CO2 = Carbon dioxide
Sorry CO2 was a typo, thank you though forthe suggestion of analyzer.

I'm aware of the fact that you need to be getting it around 10000ppm

Any advice on how to increase concentration/ppm besides just sealing/taping environment?

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
Sorry CO2 was a typo, thank you though forthe suggestion of analyzer.

I'm aware of the fact that you need to be getting it around 10000ppm

Any advice on how to increase concentration/ppm besides just sealing/taping environment?
You can't do anything to make the coal magically make more CO so far as I know. My only suggestion would be to just have more coal, which is why I suggested putting the extra BBQ inside the tent with you. I guess just making sure to seal literally every part of the tent (seams, vents, windows, the zipper) to keep as much CO in there as possible.

Also, I heard it gets really hot really fast (burning coals šŸ„µ) so be ready for that.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
You can't do anything to make the coal magically make more CO so far as I know. My only suggestion would be to just have more coal, which is why I suggested putting the extra BBQ inside the tent with you. I guess just making sure to seal literally every part of the tent (seams, vents, windows, the zipper) to keep as much CO in there as possible.

Also, I heard it gets really hot really fast (burning coals šŸ„µ) so be ready for that.
Yeah the heat is what I'm concerned about.

Maybe a fan is in order?

F

Forveleth

Mar 26, 2024
Yeah the heat is what I'm concerned about.

Maybe a fan is in order?
A fan could help. Also maybe some water for you to sip? If you get the CO level high enough you shouldn't have to deal with it very long, thankfully.

AmericanMary

AmericanMary

Mage
Apr 30, 2024

TPI 707 is popular among this website for a CO analyzer.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
A fan could help. Also maybe some water for you to sip? If you get the CO level high enough you shouldn't have to deal with it very long, thankfully.

Hmm, sounds sexy.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Start with high quality lump charcoal, 100% carbon. Calculate the volume of your tent (basic measurements, H x L x W: forget trying to calculate the exact irregular shape of the tent - we don't need to get into calculus here). Procure tent with as few vents as possible and attached ground sheet. Seal any vent screens of tent along with any seams. Put signs up warning others of CO gas. Use the formula .135 kg/m^3 to calculate the MINIMUM amount of required charcoal for the given volume of your enclosure. Multiply your result by a factor of 4 for assurance. Set aflame all charcoals OUTSIDE until they are burning/glowing red/white hot and stop producing smoke. Move the glowing coals INTO the enclosure and set containers on a brick pad. Wait a period of time for the CO to build up. DON'T put charcoals in the room outside the tent. Throw a tarp over the tent. If you have a CO analyzer, measure the CO level inside the tent and wait until the level reaches 10000 ppm. The probe should be inserted through a hole in the tent, sealed around the hole, and the meter should be on the outside of the tent. If the CO level doesn't get up to 10000 ppm, ABANDON your attempt. You need more charcoal. Doing this indoors is dangerous. You're going to be inside a room that will have some CO in it, which can render you unconscious, but not kill you. It can SERIOUSLY harm you short of killing you. CO is best done outside.

If all goes well, meaning CO level of 10000 ppm is attained, get into tent quickly and get flap resealed quickly, all done while holding your breath. Once inside take a few deep breaths, which should render you unconscious. Death should follow relatively quickly after going unconscious.

• Informative
Reactions: LittleBlackCat, LaVieEnRose, Forveleth and 1 other person