• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
This is a method similar to inert gas. Isolated 3 cubic meters (or more) is needed. The goal is to absorb oxygen in this space. There are various methods for this.

1 - ELECTROLYSIS: The hydrogen from an electrolysis is burned with oxygen in the isolated space. Oxygen, the other byproduct of electrolysis, is stored or exhausted. The problem is how to control the heat in the isolated space.

2 - OXIDATION: Iron powder. Iron is a good absorber to capture oxygen in the air. A method for storing certain products. 65% requires moisture and sodium chloride as catalyst and of course heat. The heat generated by the first method can be used for this method.

3 - EXOTERMIK REACTION MAGNESIUM: Magnesium reacts with oxygen in the air to form magnesium oxide. Not sure, but with sufficient magnesium, large amounts of oxygen can be captured in a short time. 24 grams of magnesium catches 16 grams of oxygen. We need information about this situation from a chemist or who knows.

Oxygen weighs 0.001429 gram per cubic centimeter or 1.429 kilogram per cubic meter. So:

If we have 3 m³ of isolated space 3 x 1,429 / 5 (%20 O2) = 0,8574 kg O2. So we need 1,2861 kg magnesium.

In my country 25 gr. Magnesium % 99.5 (online) = $10

I think this is from China cheap and good rates 25gr. Magnezyum 99.95% = $2

So we can buy 1,2861 kg magnesium for around $105

4 - There is a need for a system not to release carbon dioxide with this method. Two-way snorkeling is available for breathing. In this way, we do not accumulate carbon dioxide inside.

5 - Working like that
  • Finish the isolation while in the space.
  • Start breathing with snorkeling
  • Start capturing oxygen
  • When you run out of oxygen, breathe inside.

I'm not a chemist. The above information needs approval. Of course, all of these methods can potentially capture oxygen. We just need an expert's perspective.

There are two important points in this method. Increased temperature in the isolated space and how to isolate the space. An space of 3 cubic meters must be sealed airtight. I have no idea how it could be. Heat is also a problem.

Why is such a method necessary when there is inert gas? As you know, pure helium has become harder to access. Nitrogen can share the same fate or it can only be sold to legal entities. All materials used in this method will always be accessible. No need for a helium or nitrogen tank. The alternative cost of this situation is working more! Creating an isolated space can be a difficult task. As I mentioned before, the good thing is that the materials will always be accessible. Of course you need a place where you can work undisturbed. It's not a portable method. This could be a problem for who sharing their home with others.

OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR

This method works with the same logic. An oxygen concentrator is used to remove oxygen from the isolated space. An oxygen concentrator produces 90 - 95% purity oxygen. In other words, it is capable of discharging the oxygen in the isolated space within minutes. I've never used this device before. I have some info with what I read.

Oksijen konsantratr

So we need more information about isolation and heat. Maybe there is more way to capture oxygen. Seems worth working on.

Last edited:
Reactions: xanth1467 and Ἡγησίας
WilliamKline

WilliamKline

Flâneur
Sep 16, 2019
That's a really interesting and innovative thought

Reactions: Sunset Limited