N

Notmadeforthislife

Jul 12, 2020
Ideally I would like to say goodbye to my family and friends before I ctb. However, I won't be able to do that, because they will never accept my decision. That means I can't fully prepare them for my departure even though I want to. I really care about how my decision to ctb will affect others so I wish I could make it easier for them by letting them know ahead of time. I wish they could just accept that this is the best thing for me and let me go. It seems like that would be the loving thing to do. But, they just don't see it that way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I feel you, despite some others problems, this is one of mine too.

Sadly i dont have an answer for you or anyything that could help, just to let you know you are not the only one here

Reactions: Notmadeforthislife
E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
They'll be sad for sometime and then move on. Especially if they have lifes themselves. Hardly anyone who cares about you would be ok with your ctb unless you were terminal or paralyzed

Last edited:
Reactions: Toobrokentofix and Notmadeforthislife
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm sorry you're distressed, @Notmadeforthislife. I think a lot of people here are in a similar position, and I know it's hard. The only "comfort" I can offer is that I don't think it's for sure easier for people to know in advance. It's just a hard thing for most people to accept. x

Reactions: Toobrokentofix and Notmadeforthislife
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't need to say goodbye. Nobody cares about me so it isn't worth it.

• Aww..
Reactions: virginiawoolf86 and Notmadeforthislife
kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
The only option for us is to say goodbye in a note and hope they eventually accept our decision. In any case, I'll be too dead to care.

Reactions: TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
A lot of us, myself included face this problem. There is always a risk of saying "goodbye" as that may set off red flags to the people around us IRL, so the best way to go by what one believes is best for oneself, express any wishes or final says in a note, and then hope for the best. For me, I know that I would not change or move anyone's mind IRL about my decision, and they will always be sad regardless of whatever reason I have. Therefore, the best course of action for me is to just alleviate their pain while explaining my reasoning. Of course, after I'm gone, nothing would matter anyone to me because I would no longer have the capacity or ability to care as I would be dead and gone, so the best I can hope for is that they come to some form of closure despite the grief that they will go through during my passing (when my time truly comes).

Reactions: Notmadeforthislife
Nomolos92

Nomolos92

Jan 1, 2020
My son left without saying a goodbye or even hinting that he was thinking of leaving. I wish with all my heart that he had of confided in me but I know it's impossible as I'm now in the exact same boat.
I'm boarding the bus tonight and I've spent the day so far pretending that absolutely everything is normal when I know I'm checking out later and that my family is about to be plunged into the exact same nightmare I've been living.

• Aww..
Reactions: Toobrokentofix and Elbarado