Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
I get the impression a lot of times that people think Canada is some safe haven of polite do-gooders who are just itching to hold the door open for you. While for the most part, Canada is for sure a friendly country...we have our struggles and dangers too. Most people are aware of the place called "skid row" in America. We have a place just like that, that most people even from canada have never heard of. Its called east hastings. I was there for a week and holy shit...its like a movie there. Wild west stuff, police dont even come there, it takes at least 20-30 mins if youre lucky to get a cop response...a lot of bad stuff goes down there..

I just wanted to shed some light on the reality of the situation up here. People are quick to assume Canada is amazing in all ways and we all live in ice castles and ride dog sleds. As somebody who lives on the streets, i can tell you, it can get bad up here. Im not trying to make a point or compare shit...just wanted to possibly educate some people on how shit really is East van 1 East van 2 East van 3 East van 4 East van 5 East van 6 East van 7 East van 8

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Should be gone, Smashingairwaves, highlyvolatile and 5 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Did you take these photos? I can't get the Google photo search to work, but I noticed at least one guy in multiple photos, so maybe from the same source, maybe the source is you? If yes, you're a damn fine photographer. I enjoyed doing photography, I really appreciate the perspective and content of these photos.

Reactions: Hollow Point
Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
Did you take these photos? I can't get the Google photo search to work, but I noticed at least one guy in multiple photos, so maybe from the same source, maybe the source is you? If yes, you're a damn fine photographer. I enjoyed doing photography, I really appreciate the perspective and content of these photos.

Oh no these are straight off the first two pages of a google search. I didn't have a dollar to my name when I was there, let alone a camera. They are powerful photos though.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yes they are. And the first one seemed better than cell phone quality, even with a good editing program.

Thank you for sharing them. I know Canada isn't utopia, but I didn't know that place in the photos existed. Interesting post along with the pictures.

Hollow Point

Hollow Point

A̵l̷w̷a̷y̸s̷ ̷t̸i̸r̵e̸d̶
Mar 24, 2020
Yes they are. And the first one seemed better than cell phone quality, even with a good editing program.

Thank you for sharing them. I know Canada isn't utopia, but I didn't know that place in the photos existed. Interesting post along with the pictures.

Thanks, this place gets swept under the rug when it comes to attention so I figured why not post it and show it to whoever is interested.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
S

shevawc

Mar 26, 2020
Man I totally understand this. I have seen east hastings numerous times and it totally looks like this in the photos.