Safralavendel

Safralavendel

May 7, 2024
In the PPH I've read that cannabis can be used as antiemetic and reduce anxiety. I consider vaping it before taking SN since I can't buy the mentioned meds. What do you think? Can that be successful?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
It may help reduce your anxiety a bit, maybe, but I wouldn't count on it as an effective AE.

F

Fantasy22

May 10, 2024
Idk about antiemetic but it can be used as a painkiller/sedative it relaxes you and stuff. I'm not sure how it reacts with the other drugs tho so that might require further research. It makes you hungry but idk if that would automatically make you not be sick but it could help I suppose I don't see why it wouldn't

nixolab

nixolab

Apr 24, 2024
I don't know if we can consider it as an legit antiemetic however you can buy legit ones online from companies. I just recently acquired myself personally some

teajay1

teajay1

crazy cat lady
Mar 27, 2024
weed as an antiemetic? lol maybe if you already have a tolerance. the cannabis it's self can make you want to throw up especially if you don't already use it. i wouldn't rely on it.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Technically it can be considered both an antiemetic and proemetic.

ABSTRACT

Although marijuana is sometimes used to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, when used long-term it can have a paradoxical hyperemetic effect known as cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. Knowledge of this phenomenon may reduce the ordering of unnecessary and expensive investigations, as well as inappropriate medical and surgical treatment in patients presenting with recurrent vomiting of unknown cause. This article reviews the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and management of this emerging condition.

The CB1 agonist suppresses vomiting, but the CB1 inverse agonists also promotes it. An agonist is a chemical from outside the body that mimics a neurotransmitter and binds to certain receptors. An inverse agonist binds to a receptor and causes the opposite reaction to happen. For example, the agonist muscimol, that binds to GABA A receptors, causes a relaxant effect, while the inverse agonist, Ro15-4513 causes the opposite (it causes agitation).

CB1 agonism suppresses vomiting, which is reversed by CB1 antagonism, and CB1 inverse agonism promotes vomiting.
Cannabinoid agonists (Δ9-THC, HU-210) and the fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) inhibitor, URB-597, suppress conditioned gaping reactions (nausea) in rats as they suppress vomiting in emetic species. Inverse agonists, but not neutral antagonists, of the CB1 receptor promote nausea, and at subthreshold doses potentiate nausea produced by other toxins (LiCl).

With that in mind, I don't know if I would recommend using it as an antiemetic since it's also capable of doing the opposite. I'd probably just do more research on this before coming to a conclusion on whether to use it or not if I were you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Safralavendel and cowboypants