• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Does anyone know if your family can file your tax refund for you after you CTB? I'm suppose to be getting a nice tax refund and I need to leave money behind for my cats. I really don't wanna be alive longer than I need to be. Because if I can't that means I have to stay alive until I receive the tax refund. I live in the US btw

So far from my research it looks like yes they can?

I know the money won't actually go to my cats but I will be writing specific things in my suicide note as my final wishes of what actions I want to take place of my belongings. I know it's not "legal" but it's the best I got. I'm too young for an actual "WILL" and it would look suspicious

Any help would be appreciated

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Venus13

Venus13

-
Oct 2, 2022
Yes, they can claim your refund as a deceased taxpayer. There's form 1310 that will go along with it. The only potential hang up I see is line 3 about state law, but that probably just means so an aunt doesn't claim over a parent or a widow isn't robbed of their right. IRS sucks about delays nowadays though. Any additional paperwork will make the refund take up to an extra year or more to be received. They're backed up. The IRS doesn't scheme that way with simple returns. They want it filed right and delivered accordingly believe it or not. They'll get a refund sent out, just takes a lifetime if there's anything that needs to be reviewed.

When are you planning on ctb? Season is about to start, first week of March would probably be the latest you'd get it as an early filer.

• Informative
Reactions: sincerelysad and western_heart
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Yes, they can claim your refund as a deceased taxpayer. There's form 1310 that will go along with it. The only potential hang up I see is line 3 about state law, but that probably just means so an aunt doesn't claim over a parent or a widow isn't robbed of their right. IRS sucks about delays nowadays though. Any additional paperwork will make the refund take up to an extra year or more to be received. They're backed up. The IRS doesn't scheme that way with simple returns. They want it filed right and delivered accordingly believe it or not. They'll get a refund sent out, just takes a lifetime if there's anything that needs to be reviewed.

When are you planning on ctb? Season is about to start, first week of March would probably be the latest you'd get it as an early filer.
Yeah I'm just nervous that they might try to find any way to weasle out of it, my family and I are immigrants on top of that so just worried. I would like to leave in maybe a month.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venus13
Venus13

Venus13

-
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah I'm just nervous that they might try to find any way to weasle out of it, my family and I are immigrants on top of that so just worried. I would like to leave in maybe a month.
I've been a tax preparer for a few years. I would recommend e-filing on January 23rd. If you have earned income credit you might see a slight delay, late February. If not, or perhaps even so, you're looking at early February or possibly even late January for the first batches released. Worst case with Earned income credit would be first week of March. I'm a big animal lover so I appreciate what your doing for your cats and want to help with the info I know. I think out of your options, if possible, early filing and doing direct deposit is the best route.

If you need to leave sooner, you can trust your family will receive it with that form and the time it'll take. It will be delayed, but the IRS is more cooperative than most may think. They just tend to take forever to process anything that is reviewed and are impossible to get on the phone.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I file tax returns and looked into this- in case I can go before April. Looks like the inland revenue can still come looking for taxes after you die- so it REALLY ought to work in reverse! I'll be leaving all the details of my income plus my expendature with receipts likely in a box for my Solicitor. Hopefully they can enlist an Accountant or something to file my final return. If you have an Accountant or Solicitor- I expect you could do the same.

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I've been a tax preparer for a few years. I would recommend e-filing on January 23rd. If you have earned income credit you might see a slight delay, late February. If not, or perhaps even so, you're looking at early February or possibly even late January for the first batches released. Worst case with Earned income credit would be first week of March. I'm a big animal lover so I appreciate what your doing for your cats and want to help with the info I know. I think out of your options, if possible, early filing and doing direct deposit is the best route.

If you need to leave sooner, you can trust your family will receive it with that form and the time it'll take. It will be delayed, but the IRS is more cooperative than most may think. They just tend to take forever to process anything that is reviewed and are impossible to get on the phone.
Thank you for any help and understanding about my cats. I honestly have no idea how taxes work, my family takes care of it for me since their experienced with it. I'm not sure how I can convince them to file earlier without it looking suspicious but as long as they get the money, it's all that matters. Maybe I can learn how to do it and file it myself before I CTB or if anything they'll just have to do it after I leave.

Ugh everything about this world is such a nuisance and a scam like taxes. ugh I can't wait to get out of here.
I file tax returns and looked into this- in case I can go before April. Looks like the inland revenue can still come looking for taxes after you die- so it REALLY ought to work in reverse! I'll be leaving all the details of my income plus my expendature with receipts likely in a box for my Solicitor. Hopefully they can enlist an Accountant or something to file my final return. If you have an Accountant or Solicitor- I expect you could do the same.
I literally have no idea how taxes works. My family handles it so they can handle it this time as well. I just want to ensure that the tax return that should be a good amount of money will be able to reach them.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Hi, I am doing my taxes today and remembered this thread. As long as you've received all the relevant forms (W2, 1099, etc), you should be able to file now. (Note that I don't think those forms are due until Jan 31st)

I can confirm that TurboTax 2022 has this question for those filing for someone who is deceased-
Screenshot of TurboTax 2022 asking these question: Was legally blind as of December 31, 2022. Would like to change the language used by the IRS to send me written communications.  Passed away before filing this return. None of the above

and if you check the box, it asks for date of death- Screenshot of TurboTax 2022 asking for date of death

I'm still alive & filing for myself, so I didn't proceed any further in the software with that box checked.

• Love
Reactions: Obliviate
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
Hi, I am doing my taxes today and remembered this thread. As long as you've received all the relevant forms (W2, 1099, etc), you should be able to file now. (Note that I don't think those forms are due until Jan 31st)

I can confirm that TurboTax 2022 has this question for those filing for someone who is deceased-
View attachment 104002

and if you check the box, it asks for date of death-View attachment 104003

I'm still alive & filing for myself, so I didn't proceed any further in the software with that box checked.
This is so sweet of you! Thank you so much! My cat was diagnosed with asthma and dealing with rude vets really further destroyed my mental health. So things have been rough thank you!:heart:

• Love
Reactions: western_heart