• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
Hi, so I live in a very lightening prone area. If during a thunderstorm I stand in an open area with a big metal pole- 1) what are the chances of me getting struck by lighting and 2) would it actually kill me?

I have an 6ft metal flagpole but I have no problem acquiring something more conductive if it would allow me to ctb. Asking because my preferred way to go would be through seemingly an act of God.

Reactions: DeIetedUser4739 and YosemiteGrrl
whywhywhy

whywhywhy

Jun 11, 2021
I dont but it would be cool as fuck tbh

• Yay!
Reactions: astr4, Ash, divinemistress36 and 2 others
Mebius

Mebius

Jun 13, 2024
This honestly doesnt sound too bad lol

Reactions: RemainingDubious
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
The chances are way too low, and some have even survived such things.

Reactions: Hollowman, Sylveon, random_user and 1 other person
Infinite Solipsist

Infinite Solipsist

Jun 20, 2024
Yeah most people who are struck by lightning don't die from it. Maybe buy a 6ft grounding rod and run around in the rain while holding it over your head with both hands? Even better if you drive the grounding round into the earth and connect a large 6AWG ground wire to it and hold the wire over your head. Oh, and make sure to not wear socks or shoes while standing on grass.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I was struck by lightning when I was 19. I was with 2 friends on the beach and my last words b4 I was struck were " I wonder if anyone ever got struck by lightning and lived" proving God has a sense of humor. My head hurt bad 4 about 2 weeks after I regained consciousness.

• Wow
Reactions: ScC, DeIetedUser4739, YosemiteGrrl and 1 other person