OutOfThisBody

OutOfThisBody

What kind of cruel god would put me in this body?
Aug 5, 2024
I want to leave my gender behind when I die. Im scared I won't be able to. Are you genderless or can you be in the afterlife?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, wren-briar, Tonkpils and 3 others
killorbekilled

killorbekilled

manhwa reader, mentally unwell
Oct 3, 2024
I don't believe souls have a 'gender'. Gender is a social concept about how someone born with different parts should act. I believe when you die you won't have a gender.

• Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36, wren-briar, EvisceratedJester and 3 others
Upvote 0
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Pretty sure we are genderless in heaven. We have no body, so no need for gender.

Reactions: Tonkpils and OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I'm not even sure that there will be an "I" to have a body or gender in any afterlife. And, being honest, though I wouldn't want to offend anyone's faith or belief, I doubt that anyone can definitively prove any personal identity remains.
Just my own take.

Reactions: wren-briar, OutOfThisBody and Tonkpils
Upvote 0
redkitsune98

redkitsune98

Broken beyond repair
Sep 2, 2024
I believe shape and form in the afterlife are completely changeable at will because they are only representations of your current mental state in those experiences you are living through

Reactions: OutOfThisBody and Tonkpils
Upvote 0
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
I don't think so really, but it's comforting to think I can appear how I want after death.

What does that mean
It means he thinks bodies determine gender but that doesnt even make sense here bc you wouldn't have a body.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
Okay so I'm going to answer based on NDEs: I think that people identify with themselves for a short time in the afterlife before moving on to the next life OR they stay in the afterlife for some time and explore pocket dimensions. However, I do not think that one needs to look the way they looked on Earth if that is what you mean.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
emptymiku

emptymiku

bokura wa inochi ni kirawarete iru
Mar 27, 2023
I don't believe souls have a 'gender'. Gender is a social concept about how someone born with different parts should act. I believe when you die you won't have a gender.
true. also hi, nice pfp you got there.

• Yay!
Reactions: killorbekilled and OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Pretty sure we are genderless in heaven. We have no body, so no need for gender.
"For in heaven they neither marry nor are given in marriage." Straight from the bro's own mouth.

Reactions: CantDoIt
Upvote 0
AtheistCDsissy

AtheistCDsissy

Falling off the edge of the world...
Mar 6, 2023
I want to leave my gender behind when I die. Im scared I won't be able to. Are you genderless or can you be in the afterlife?
In the sense that there is probably no afterlife, sure you can leave your gender behind when you die. Once it's over, nothing is going to matter.

Reactions: OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0
yxmux

yxmux

¥~¥
Apr 16, 2024
I assume if souls existed, they would transcend biological boundaries such as those of genetics since they are only tangible in life as they are built from entirely physical substances.

Reactions: CantDoIt
Upvote 0
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
If there is one (🤔🤷‍♂️), yes, I hope for genderlessness! ("Being of either gender is a drag")

Reactions: CantDoIt and OutOfThisBody
Upvote 0